Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

formbyjules Posted at 2015-9-9 11:12
Do you still have to downgrade Google Play services with the new GO app? How do I downgrade Google P ...

Yes. You still need to downgrade or disable (in this case map will not work) it.
2015-9-9
Use props
panguncle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268422 ft
Hong Kong

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-10 07:12
Yes. You still need to downgrade or disable (in this case map will not work) it.

Just to see if anyone has tried the Litchi, which claims to have hardware decode and free of lagging on Android devices..
2015-9-11
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

panguncle@gmail Posted at 2015-9-11 21:25
Just to see if anyone has tried the Litchi, which claims to have hardware decode and free of laggi ...

I've tried it, and I've had moderate success with it.  I'm going to do more testing with it on my HTC phone as my Galaxy Tablet is just too slow for what we need of it.  I'll try to repost my findings next week.
2015-9-11
Use props
panguncle
lvl.1
Hong Kong

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-12 13:22
I've tried it, and I've had moderate success with it.  I'm going to do more testing with it on my  ...

looking forward for your findings...
spending another $15 is well worth should it work...

cmPang
2015-9-11
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Third party software is not a solution. DJI GO app also should work properly.It is shame for DJI if someone else with their SDK can make a better application for their hardware.

Please make some tests of CPU usage in  Litchi with and without downgrading a Google Play Services. I am very curious of result.
2015-9-12
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-12 07:35
Third party software is not a solution. DJI GO app also should work properly.It is shame for DJI if  ...

Ok, I will download a cpu monitor and let you know of my results.
2015-9-12
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-12 17:32
Ok, I will download a cpu monitor and let you know of my results.

I am making tests with a Cool Tool. Good and free:
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... puoverlay&hl=pl
2015-9-13
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

Hi

I have now test Litchi (version 2.06). The FPV video quality was very good, much smoother, comparing to DJI GO. I have latest Google Play service updates and still the video was very good (hardware decode enabled). There is something work to do with stability, Litchi crashed end of the fly, but start up again fast.
My configure: Nvidia Shield, P3A
Pros and cons:
+ FPV video quality (no lag)
+ Ground station, POI and Follow me features are awesome! You can plan your flight before, save it and download later.
+ Map, radar and FPV video onthe same display
+Support, it will get better all the time.

- Camera settings missing, you have to use DJI GO (camera settings are coming also to Litchi)
-Stability
2015-9-14
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Quad: Phantom 3 PRO
Tablet: Lenovo S8-50L / Android
Firmware 1.4.10
App: DJI GO 2.2.0
Number satellites: 16
Google Play Services status and CPU usage:
- latest version - 8.1.15: 50%
- downgraded to stock: 50%

Conclusion:
Problem solved.

Please somebody else to confirm.
2015-9-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-23 00:30
Firmware 1.4.10

Hi , These tests here where with the DJI GO app?
2015-9-22
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-9-22 23:03
Hi , These tests here where with the DJI GO app?

Yes                             .
2015-9-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-23 08:26
Yes                             .

cool!... I'm keen to test this version with the updated Google Play services installed.

Thanks
2015-9-22
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-23 00:30
Firmware 1.4.10

This is very good news thx for the info very promising.
2015-9-22
Use props
wafoij
Flight distance : 36122 ft
New Zealand

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-23 02:30
Firmware 1.4.10

Have you managed to do any real life testing yet? I'm currently away so can't test this myself, but this is exciting news!!
2015-9-22
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

had the same problem with my galaxy note 10.1, s6 edge, but i must say since am using the galaxy tabS2 9.7 am very satisfied
2015-9-23
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

I tested the new application on Samsung S5+, I flew first battery OK, no problem, smooth image with google.play.services upgraded (8.1.15).
The second battery application has crashed  after 2 minutes of flight, I restart DJI Go and never made any problems for the following 11 minutes of flight.
With old applications and google.play.services downgraded I had no  crash in the last 2-3 months.
The phone was not heated at all, it is chilly autumn.

The question remains: have video without lag but the app crashes often? or was just a coincidence to me
2015-9-23
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

freddyhfk Posted at 2015-9-23 20:16
I tested the new application on Samsung S5+, I flew first battery OK, no problem, smooth image with  ...

To early to tell did you have all other apps closed before starting go and was the tablet in flight mode?
2015-9-23
Use props
panguncle
lvl.1
Hong Kong

confirm the mew GO 2.2.0 fixed the goggle play service lagging
2015-9-25
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Finland

YES!! They have fix it. No lagging/suttering with Google play services upgraded.
Also important: make sure, you have USB debugging disabled.
2015-9-27
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

jorski@netti.fi Posted at 2015-9-28 00:23
YES!! They have fix it. No lagging/suttering with Google play services upgraded.
Also important: ma ...

Not for me... Latest updates on DJI and Google play... Lag.... uninstall Google play... No lag.

Samsung TAB S 10.5
2015-9-27
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Finland

freddyhfk Posted at 2015-9-23 13:16
I tested the new application on Samsung S5+, I flew first battery OK, no problem, smooth image with  ...

Make sure, you have USB debugging DISABLED (if you have got fw 1.3.20 on your remote)
2015-9-28
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

Now we have version 2.3.0 !?
2015-9-28
Use props
RCblog.nl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2481880 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Have been testing since the beginning with both Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 with several Android devices, but liked the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (SM-T705 4G/LTE) the best, because of the S-AMOLED display.
Horrible and unusable lag (no app crashes however) with all prior versions of DJI Pilot - then DJI GO, with every firmware version (both Phantom 3 Professional and Inspire 1).
Downgrading Google Play Services (and downgrading pretty much every Google app as well, because I needed them to keep working) eliminated the lag.

And that was all up until now:

Firmware 1.4.x on both Phantom 3 Professional and Inspire 1 and DJI GO version 2.3.0 seem to be a golden combination. Upgraded the Google Play Services and all Google apps to the latest versions, and the performance of the DJI GO app is exactly the same as it was with the downgraded Play Services/Google apps with the earlier aircraft firmware and DJI Pilot/Go app versions.

DJI has finally done it right!!! I am happy!
Also nice to see that we finally got both the radar and the map in the camera view, as it has always been on iPad's.

The only three things I'd like to see being addressed now are:

1. Correct location view in flight record overview. Locations still say "Map Loading" in the overview, but show the correct location name when opening the individual records, but still alongside a "Map Loading" tag. The iOS version shows the proper location name in the overview.

2. Same graphical display (with the gauges) for the flight telemetry as in the iOS version.

3. Of course to have the flight simulator!
2015-10-5
Use props
juanpaulofloren
lvl.2

Malaysia

I use the Asus ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML) it does work but there is a noticeable 1 second lag plus there are instances that the screen goes blank when hitting connect to your device but can be resolved by exiting and reconnecting.

I don't think that its the phone that is slow since i basically have no other apps installed on it only the DJI GO App. I think its more of how the app is coded or created..

Come on DJI more support for Android users please. :-)
2015-10-5
Use props
steven
New

United States

odalaigh Posted at 2015-6-5 21:54
I am having the same problem with my P3 Pro with my Shield tablet.

Here is some sample footage.

Curious, what program are you using to record your screen?
2015-10-15
Use props
theFlyingHawaii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2220906 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-11 15:28
Guys you are all over the place.  There are some devices that are supported that are having problems ...

good point.  the list of approved devices is clear.  many of the people having problems mention they are using an unapproved device.
2015-10-15
Use props
bdsmitty88
New

United States

theFlyingHawaii Posted at 2015-10-16 01:27
good point.  the list of approved devices is clear.  many of the people having problems mention th ...

I have been in contact with DJI about returning my phantom 3 professional, and they told me no.  THey said they don't offer returns for units purchased from approved resellers.  I don't see how they can get away with this. If they are selling units through a reseller, the same return policy should apply. They were also very slow to respond to emails and wouldn't reply until I sent them 2 or 3.

I have tried an S5, and my Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) which has plenty of firepower to be able to process the stream and neither have fixed the lag issue.  They have offered to 'repair" the device, but there is nothing wrong with the drone that they have proven they can fix.  

I am completely over my drone at this point and the service of DJI.  Anyone else have this same problem?
2015-10-19
Use props
bdsmitty88
New

United States

bdsmitty88 Posted at 2015-10-19 19:27
I have been in contact with DJI about returning my phantom 3 professional, and they told me no.  T ...

Has anyone found a reliable combination of firmware / app version, yet?  Some people say it works for them, but it seems 90% still have lag.  
2015-11-5
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

I am running on latest versions DJI Go 2.4.0, fw 1.4.10/1.4.30 on Lenovo Tab S8-50L with Android 5.0 and it is working perfectly, without any lags and crashes.
2015-11-11
Use props
hobiehawkrc
lvl.2
United States

tag666_demon@ho Posted at 2015-6-11 18:04
IMPORTANT ! HERE IS HOW TO EASYLY FIX THIS ISSUE !
1: Reset you tablet to factory default, after is  ...

Did not work for me:

Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
2015-12-6
Use props
omeraumur
New

Turkey

Hi, almost everyone here complaining about lagging on Android devices, but I'm having same problems with my iPad. Did anyone solved the problem
2016-1-1
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-5-31 17:26
Happens to me to!!

No matter what I do... I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and it is shitty FPV... hor ...

That may simply be because it's easier to get further away outdoors! As long as you're very close to your craft, the signal doesn't have much time for any kind of lag. When you get outside, it all changes quickly.

Keep in mind that despite the settings for "follow" or "fpv," the Phantom was not designed to be an FPV-style craft, i.e., if you're trying to fly around the playground and fly under the slide and over the swings and around the trees - you'll be in for a rude awakening!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-1
Use props
sendittobs
New

United States

DJI GO App install from here for LG V410 using computer…..also turn off developer options 1st . (I know, everybody says turn developer on but I could not get it to load with it turned on). I didn’t turn developer back on started app and flew fine. I then went and turned off notifications on the primary apps that are always notifying me. Probably will turn all notifications off when I have time.

For some reason I had to load the app through the link below using the computer. Log in and you should see all your equipment. Choose the V410 and let it go. Takes a little time to load so be patient.

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... &rdid=dji.pilot
2016-1-29
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

I had stuttering every 2-3 seconds, figured it was my LG G3 not powerful enough to run high resolution, so I changed the P3's camera resolution from (2704 x 1520) to a lower setting and that solved stuttering entirely.
2016-1-29
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

Is anybody using an android app to kill everything running in the background in one go Im on a Samsung A8 tablet ?

Does it kill system apps ?
Are the killed apps restarted with a device re-boot ?

Ive got 30 apps running after start up I dont want to kill one at a time every time I want to fly .
2016-1-29
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

Hey!

I just wanted to share my solution to this problem.
I've had lag/stutters on my Samsung Tab S 8.4 since I bought my P3P in June, but now it's gone!

This is not the easiest fix and some people might not want to do it since it might brick your device if done wrong.  
I haven't read the whole thread so this might have been suggested earlier too.

I did the Google Play Services downgrade when i got my quad in June which helped me a bit. I also used a task manager to kill all other apps. But nothing worked 100%.

After installing the latest DJI GO app a couple of days ago and realising that my lag was worse than ever (we're talking 5 fps on the screen here),I decided to flash another ROM to my Tab S. I flashed my standard Samsung Android OS to CyanoGenMOD 12.1 instead, installed the nano version of Google Apps and voíla, not a single stutter when flying. And this is with Google Play Services fully installed and running the latest version.

I couldn't be happier. I plowed through 5 batteries today and it worked like a charm!
Now I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone, but it sure does look promising.

If you are interested to try, here is a guide on how to do it.
http://www.androidbeat.com/2015/ ... 2-1-android-device/

Good luck everyone!

2016-1-31
Use props
phil.philmerry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125482 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-11 19:45
If you are relying on an Android device, make sure that you follow the advice that has been poste ...

I have just downloaded and updated all firmware and software for my Samsung Tab 4 (10 inch) and my P3 Adv, prior to all the updates I can no longer use the follow-me function of which I use a lot for pre filming projects.  It still works on my Galaxy S5 but produces jumpy images.

I have had my P3 working with my Tab 4 for over 6 months  Help

Phil Merry
phil@philmerry.com
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

phil.philmerry Posted at 2016-2-13 00:50
I have just downloaded and updated all firmware and software for my Samsung Tab 4 (10 inch) and my ...

Your Tab is not on the DJI recommended device list so maybe the newer firmware uses more processing power and will not operate Follow Me anymore.
Your S5 is on the list so that's why it's still working fine. Don't know why you would have jumpy images in Follow Me mode. Also, doesn't Follow Me with a 10" device kinda hard to walk around with?
Try lowering the transmission quality in the image Transmission Setting tab.
2016-2-12
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

tag666_demon@ho Posted at 2015-6-11 22:04
IMPORTANT ! HERE IS HOW TO EASYLY FIX THIS ISSUE !
1: Reset you tablet to factory default, after is  ...

I just bought the Nexus 7 2013 2nd Generation, and it will not let me download the app through google play. it says it is not compatible with the device, even though it is on DJI's list of approve devices that work. Where can I get the APK?
2016-3-20
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

On your Nexus, go to the DJI website, choose the model you have and on the download tab, you can download the apk
2016-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules