Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
office
lvl.1
Dominica

cwilliams@trico Posted at 2015-6-1 15:58
This is a huge issue.   Unfortunately DJI seems to be overwhelmed.

DJI support seems to be overwhelmed with everything since at least 3 years ago, when I first tried to get things fixed. Great inventions, not so good quality control and SHOCKINGLY BAD customer service. So, I don't think they care at all about our problems, because enough people buy their products to get things trolling. what they need is couple of really good competitors. and they slowly start to emerge. wake up call will come.
2016-4-11
Use props
service
lvl.2
Flight distance : 528153 ft
  • >>>
Germany

office@ozonezon Posted at 2016-4-11 20:25
DJI support seems to be overwhelmed with everything since at least 3 years ago, when I first tried  ...

Hi,

had same issue with P3 advanced and remote controller GL-300A.

Tablet Huawei M2 with octacore the image was unbearable.

Changed standard USB Module in the rear of the GL-300A to HDMI output module.
Image throught USB is much better now! and via HDMI almost real-time :-)

Hope that helps you guys!
Marc
2016-5-2
Use props
marc.stelzl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10712 ft
Germany

service@globe-f Posted at 2016-5-2 15:36
Hi,

had same issue with P3 advanced and remote controller GL-300A.

Same with me - with HDMI USB module the image is almost ok.

Seems that the "old" USB Modules are too slow to keep up with the additional load of information of newer firmware/go-app.

Anyway - DJI should try to get android as fluent as the ios version of the app.

Come on guys - please show at least some interest in your customers VERIFIED problems.....
2016-5-2
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223684 ft
Sweden

marc.stelzl@goo Posted at 2016-5-2 15:49
Same with me - with HDMI USB module the image is almost ok.

Seems that the "old" USB Modules are  ...

Yeah, I had NO lagging problems before it got repaired and they sent it back with Current Firmware Update. Now I changed the Image Transfer Settings but it didn't help at all. More or less "unflyable" now :-(  I wonder if unistalling and re-installing the app would help?
2016-6-24
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-1 07:43
My iPad 2 works just fine.  Can you all show some video?  We can then forward to DJI HQ for review ...

Hi Ted. My son is VERY proficent at these sort of things ... we've tried his ipad and other Samsung tabletts to NO AVAIL!!  .. downloaded all the updates and into a few minutes of flight the laging is far to serious to be able to fly. Also lost signal freeze frame etc ... it was NOT doing this when I initially bought the drone a few months ago.  What can be done to eliviate this? I need the drone for my work so it's not just a toy for me.   Would rolling back the updates on the firm wear help?   Where can I find the older editions?
2016-6-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-6-25 14:44
Hi Ted. My son is VERY proficent at these sort of things ... we've tried his ipad and other Samsun ...

This is a zombie thread, it has been dead for some time now. You would be better off starting a new thread on this issue.
2016-6-24
Use props
sambangbronz
New
Indonesia

Hello All...
I Had a Problem (Lag/Pausing) when Operating P3S in Smartphone :
- Asus Zenfone 5
- Asus Zenfone 6
- Xiaomi Note 2
- Lenovo 6010
What should i do? anyone can help?

2016-7-27
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

Started a new thread but no reponses that had any solution(s) Galaxi Tab A PHantom 3 Advanced ... 2 out of 10 times starts OK with no lag but then after 1-2 minutes starts lagging more and more!! Attention!: I had ZERO laging problems before it being repaired!  Is there internat settings that effect Image Transfer Settings that  the firmware can't change? I've even tried downgradign to older version but it didn't help at all!
2016-8-11
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-8-12 06:53
Started a new thread but no reponses that had any solution(s) Galaxi Tab A PHantom 3 Advanced ... 2  ...

Try disconnecting then reconnecting cables to gimbal, worked for me and a few others here
2016-8-12
Use props
Rockn_P3Pro
lvl.1

musman1978 Posted at 2015-6-12 05:10
oh c’mon .... Nexus 7 1st generation is a powerful machine on Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset,
cannot see  ...

My Nexus 7 1st gen tablet works great with my Phantom 3 Professional.  Granted I couldn't download the app straight from the Play Store, but it's quite easy to "sideload" the app onto your device.  Even though my Galaxy S5 works much better in direct sunlight, I hate using such a small screen to pilot my bird, so I use my Nexus 7 with a sunshade and it works great.  Let me know if you need further instructions on how to sideload apps onto an Android device.

BTW......new member here.  Kinda been lurking in the background absorbing all kinds of great information from you guys.
Happy to be a part of the forum!  
2016-8-18
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-12 10:33
Try disconnecting then reconnecting cables to gimbal, worked for me and a few others here

That sounds weird. Why would that change anything?
2016-8-20
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2016-8-12 10:33

There are actually two seperate cables going from the body to the gimble. It seems very difficult to be able to unplugg them..  And as I asked ... why would this change anything?  Thanks in advance!!  //Gerrie
2016-8-20
Use props
fishhook240
New

United States

I unplug the one on the side of the gimbal, seem to work and then on the second flight it came back.  I felt around the top of the gimbal and it gets really hot.  I don't know, but heat is no good.  I read one of the other forums post and he was saying that heat was the problem.  The new firmware may be working the camera electronics to hard and the heat starts breaking dome the performance of the camera.  No word fro DJI about this, they just act like it's not happening. All I know is it started happening after the update.  Did DJI fry our cameras with this last update???
2016-8-21
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

fishhook240@pan Posted at 2016-8-21 15:34
I unplug the one on the side of the gimbal, seem to work and then on the second flight it came back. ...

What's the safest way to unplug them?  I can't reach them with my fingers. I trid to down grade the  Firmware but that doesn't seem to work because when I restatrt the drone it says Latest Firmware Version ...  :-)
2016-8-21
Use props
fishhook240
New

United States

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-8-21 23:15
What's the safest way to unplug them?  I can't reach them with my fingers. I trid to down grade th ...

I used a knife blade and kind of prying them upwards.  How long have you had the advance copter and are you getting good signal strength on you HD menu on some of the channels
2016-8-22
Use props
Varming
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468284 ft
Denmark

Rockn_P3Pro Posted at 2016-8-19 03:29
My Nexus 7 1st gen tablet works great with my Phantom 3 Professional.  Granted I couldn't download the app straight from the Play Store, but it's quite easy to "sideload" the app onto your device.  Even though my Galaxy S5 works much better in direct sunlight, I hate using such a small screen to pilot my bird, so I use my Nexus 7 with a sunshade and it works great.  Let me know if you need further instructions on how to sideload apps onto an Android device.

BTW......new member here.  Kinda been lurking in the background absorbing all kinds of great information from you guys.

I also use the Nexus 7 1st gen but with a custom ROM (PureNexus) which makes it in general blazing!

I did have the problems with tearing and flickering in the video from my P3P but after going to Setting >> Developer Options and disabling the USB debug (called Android Debugging in this ROM) as well as enable Force GPU rendering made it perfect - completely stable picture.

BTW - I'm a new P3P owner and I really love this little quad, so nice and easy to fly.
2016-12-10
Use props
MrRobville
New
Netherlands

Since I can't post a new topic I'll have to post my issue here.

I'm experiencing a lot of heavy stuttering with my Phantom 3 Standard on a Huawei P7 as well. I also can't fly the drone any further than 20 meters or I lose the video signal entirely and the app turns gray.
I first thought that interference from nearby houses caused this, but the same issue occurs in the middle of nowhere. It makes flying the drone through the video feed practically impossible, because even if there is a connection, it has so much stutter and delayment that I cannot safely use it to avoid obstacles or film accurately. So I have to depend pretty much on eye sight all the time, which is nonsense.
On occassion I even need to close the DJI Go app because the video feedback just freezes and refuses to update.

I tried the following on my phone:
-Disabled background processes
-enabled flight mode
-enabled GPS (and also tried without)
-Downgrade Google Play, which has been a complete nightmare and caused Google Play Services to be removed altogether, unable to be restored without performing a factory reset... great...

None of these options seemed to have any effect on the video feedback which continues to stutter regardless.

Alternatively, I tried to reduce the video feedback bandwith which a lot of people show can be adjusted by pressing a "HD" button at the top of the app. This button is nowhere to be found on my version. Does that mean I cannot reduce the amount of MB/s it transfers? I don't need HD feed if it causes stuttering.

This is becoming a truly frustrating problem as it impairs my capability of capturing decent footage. Just to make clear, I'm referring solely to the live feedback on the DJI Go app, not the actual video recordings, which are fine.

Does anyone have any other solutions I could try? I rather not touch Google Play anymore as it caused my whole phone to go berserk.
I read that a lot of people didn't have any problems with earlier versions of this app (when it was called DJI Pilot or something), and that DJI GO caused a lot of issues. Isn't there a way to revert back to one of the earlier apps?

P.S. I know it's not intended to fly a drone purely through video feed, but it's important for me to know what I'm seeing through the eyes of the drone to capture a shot correctly. Last time, I thought I was filming a few people properly with the rule of thirds in mind. When the video feedback suddenly refreshed, it turned out they were halfway cut off in the top left corner of the video... -_-
2017-1-4
Use props
fans2c00b656
New

United States

I've seen this happening a lot lately and the fix so far has been to rollback the firmware on the rc only to 1.5.80
2017-1-18
Use props
ug732
New
Flight distance : 1512 ft
United States

Varming Posted at 2016-12-10 04:46
I also use the Nexus 7 1st gen but with a custom ROM (PureNexus) which makes it in general blazing!

I did have the problems with tearing and flickering in the video from my P3P but after going to Setting >> Developer Options and disabling the USB debug (called Android Debugging in this ROM) as well as enable Force GPU rendering made it perfect - completely stable picture.

Just ordered the Phantom 4 and have a question.  I have a nexus 7 (2012) tablet and wonder if the USB debugging should be disabled or enabled. It appears from reading many of these entries that some people say disable and others say enable.  Please advise. Thank you.
2017-2-5
Use props
Ahmet67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984852 ft
Turkey

Hi all

I ve the same problem (lagging/pausing) with P3A

Device: Ipad Air 2 (latest ios)
App: 3.1.2
Air Craft: 1.10.90
Rem C.: 1.8.0

2017-2-6
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325512 ft
Canada

MrRobville Posted at 2017-1-4 00:01

I'm experiencing a lot of heavy stuttering with my Phantom 3 Standard on a Huawei P7 as well. I also can't fly the drone any further than 20 meters or I lose the video signal entirely and the app turns gray.

Same problem with my P4.
2017-4-7
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325512 ft
Canada

MrRobville Posted at 2017-1-4 00:01

Under 'Aircraft Status'  Radio Channel Quality was displaying 'Poor' all the time. Tried to solve this issue with Support, but could not get it fixed. I have just returned my bird and controller to DJI. It will probably be a while before I get it back so I will have to wait and see. I guess my point here is to check your radio channel quality and see if that may be your issue.
2017-4-7
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

This is an easy fix,  all you need to do is downgrade the remote firmware to version 1.6 .   the 1.8 update messed up FPV,  I downgraded to 1.6 and all is fine again.
2017-4-7
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-4-7 07:14
This is an easy fix,  all you need to do is downgrade the remote firmware to version 1.6 .   the 1.8 update messed up FPV,  I downgraded to 1.6 and all is fine again.

But pay attention. The downgrade is only working in IOS. For some unknown reason it is not functional in Android.
2017-4-7
Use props
Johnny281
lvl.1
United States

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-4-7 09:01
But pay attention. The downgrade is only working in IOS. For some unknown reason it is not functional in Android.

I'm using Android, and downgrade was no problem for me.
2017-4-11
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Belgium

I reinstalled DJI GO on my Nexus II and it still doesn't work.
It must be a configuration problem with my Nexus. I can also not login to my account in the DJI GO app.
Strange.
2017-4-11
Use props
Quad man
lvl.1

Canada

Varming Posted at 2016-12-10 04:46

How do you make for working dji go on nexus 7 1 gen tablet ? Mine doesn't work dji go. My nexus is rooted and the app is install but the app don't start. The bootloader is already setup for this too. This little old tablet is perfect for me but disappointed about incompatibilities... do you help me ?
2017-4-17
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have you tried disabling Google Play?
2017-4-18
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Belgium

Found my little snag in my Nexus II. Trying to speed things up I limited the number of processes to  1 in the developers options. And for downgrading and accessing the DJI account the DJI GO tries to start  a second process and cannot because of the limit.
Now it works but still strange that sometimes it just freezes and reboots the tablet. But the P3P keeps flying and remains steerable.
With remote firmware 1.8.0 flying is impossible. Reverting back to 1.6.0 is flyable. Barely.
2017-4-18
Use props
Quad man
lvl.1

Canada

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-4-18 07:09
Found my little snag in my Nexus II. Trying to speed things up I limited the number of processes to  1 in the developers options. And for downgrading and accessing the DJI account the DJI GO tries to start  a second process and cannot because of the limit.
Now it works but still strange that sometimes it just freezes and reboots the tablet. But the P3P keeps flying and remains steerable.
With remote firmware 1.8.0 flying is impossible. Reverting back to 1.6.0 is flyable. Barely.

OK now it's working ! Re install and that it !  But really long lag ! Very bad transmission video. I'm downgrade the p3s to 1,7,9 firmware and very more smooth but not perfect for flight. Tomorrow trying to downgrade more again...
2017-4-18
Use props
PanagiotisGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41217 ft

Greece

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-4-7 07:14

I had the same issue and with downgrade to 1.6 with Android all are fine
2017-4-19
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327497 ft
Australia

I am completely sick of the excuse from DJI and android. Using a supposedly supported device, Nexus 6P, and video has always been laggy. Tried my bosses iphone and it works perfectly. Litchi was working perfectly on my 6P too until the last update.

Here is a suggestion, just pay the developers at Litchi to fix your terrible app.

As it stands I will not recommend any DJI product to people intending to use android.
2017-8-21
Use props
TxRider
New
Flight distance : 5118 ft

United States

Im also having the same problem after the newest update.....im running an iPad Mini Tablet, tried to do a recording yesterday and finally had to land....I was flying while blind !!!

Just saw a video saying to revert back to the last firmware on my ipad...will try and let everyone know the out come.

Ken
2017-8-23
Use props
TxRider
New
Flight distance : 5118 ft

United States

Here is a video that I found that im going to try on fixing the video drag:

2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now