Mavic to controller battery runs out quickly
1729 17 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_b7grWuUfJRJH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My Mavic to zoom controller battery only Las for three flights total of 60 minutes and the controller battery goes right down to 6% and starts bleeding my old Mavic battery controller battery last day much more than this one I was thinking that perhaps there's something wrong with the battery on the controller any idea how long the battery should last on one charge thanks
2018-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

You should be able to get at least 4 flights if not more
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The Mavic 2 Zoom's battery life is approximately 31 minutes with a charging time of 1 hour and 30 mins. Do you have another battery to test? Are they performing the same with the other one?
2018-9-27
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He is asking how long the battery lasts on the remote control got the battery on the drone.
2018-9-27
Use props
fans19cb2bbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490194 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

It's this dumb charging over the usb. At 1500 usd they should provide android cable without power line.
2018-9-27
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed the same issue with my RC. Both my Mavic 1 and Mavic Air RC last 5-6 flights without charging.
2018-9-29
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1771529 ft
United States

The issue could be OccuSync 2 uses more power from the RC battery than the previous version on the Mavic Pro original.  Better question is why didn't they put a bigger battery to compensate for the higher power drain.  Could be they didn't want to drastically change the size and configuration of the Mavic 2 controller.
2018-10-1
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Mine was the exact same way while using it on my Samsung Note8. After I turned it off so that the RC was no longer charging my phone, I no longer see that issue anymore.
2018-10-1
Use props
djiuser_uFVtrboP6C9L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12822 ft
United Kingdom

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-1 08:55
Mine was the exact same way while using it on my Samsung Note8. After I turned it off so that the RC was no longer charging my phone, I no longer see that issue anymore.

How do you turn off the phone charging option?  I have seen a tutorial video where this appears as an option in the controller menu in the DJI Go app but no such option appears in my menus
2018-10-4
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

djiuser_uFVtrboP6C9L Posted at 2018-10-4 08:47
How do you turn off the phone charging option?  I have seen a tutorial video where this appears as an option in the controller menu in the DJI Go app but no such option appears in my menus

That option is only on Apple phones in the menu. On my phone (Note8) I just swipe down, select the little notice showing it's connected and disable charging and select it to be data transfer only. I have to remember to do that every time I connect it but it stops it from charging the phone every single time
2018-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s most likely your charging your phone/device, just turn off this option, I can easily fly 6 batteries and still have some charge left in remote.
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_uFVtrboP6C9L
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-4 09:25
That option is only on Apple phones in the menu. On my phone (Note8) I just swipe down, select the little notice showing it's connected and disable charging and select it to be data transfer only. I have to remember to do that every time I connect it but it stops it from charging the phone every single time

Thanks Hedsic.  That explains it as I am using a Samsung phone.  Does beg the question though as to why DJI can't offer the same option in the Android version :-(
2018-10-4
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-4 09:25
That option is only on Apple phones in the menu. On my phone (Note8) I just swipe down, select the little notice showing it's connected and disable charging and select it to be data transfer only. I have to remember to do that every time I connect it but it stops it from charging the phone every single time

Hello again.  After some experimentation I can now confirm that when using an Android device, charging from the controller is automatic and cannot be disabled.  However with an Apple device it can be turned on or off, and the default appears to be off. Why DJI WHY???
2018-10-15
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Amershaman Posted at 2018-10-15 00:26
Hello again.  After some experimentation I can now confirm that when using an Android device, charging from the controller is automatic and cannot be disabled.  However with an Apple device it can be turned on or off, and the default appears to be off. Why DJI WHY???

Maybe you should ask Android developers for this option.

It is not fair to ask DJI to support options that Android does not offer. Many of the Android phones come with a lot of crapola overlaying the Android operating system which can really mess with things
2018-10-15
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Boffin Posted at 2018-10-15 00:58
Maybe you should ask Android developers for this option.

It is not fair to ask DJI to support options that Android does not offer. Many of the Android phones come with a lot of crapola overlaying the Android operating system which can really mess with things

Surely this is an issue with the DJI app? If you use an iOS device, the Go 4 app gives an option to turn off charging.  It's not something in the phone menu it's an option in the app.  So I assume it's changing something in the controller telling it not to provide charge?  If so surely the same could apply for an Android device - give the same instruction to the controller?
2018-10-15
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Amershaman Posted at 2018-10-15 00:26
Hello again.  After some experimentation I can now confirm that when using an Android device, charging from the controller is automatic and cannot be disabled.  However with an Apple device it can be turned on or off, and the default appears to be off. Why DJI WHY???

For something that can't be disabled. I have no problem disabling it on my Note8 every time I plug it in.
2018-10-15
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-15 04:51
For something that can't be disabled. I have no problem disabling it on my Note8 every time I plug it in.

The point I am making is that charging from the controller is an optional setting in the DJI Go 4 app when you use an iOS device.  But with an Android device there is no such option in the app.  I am going to try to upload screenshots to show this. See below.

So if you are able to disable charging with your android device you are presumably doing so in the device itself, not the DJI Go 4 App?

2018-10-15
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

Amershaman Posted at 2018-10-15 06:26
The point I am making is that charging from the controller is an optional setting in the DJI Go 4 app when you use an iOS device.  But with an Android device there is no such option in the app.  I am going to try to upload screenshots to show this. See below.

So if you are able to disable charging with your android device you are presumably doing so in the device itself, not the DJI Go 4 App?

OH yeah for sure.. it's an option from my actual phone. When I plug in the cable it gives me a pop up asking if I want it to be data transfer only or to charge the device as well. It's not an option in the GO4 app though.
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules