845 2 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I am currently on firmware 10.0.0.6 on my Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. When i connect the P2 to the assistant software it tells me there is a firmware 10.0.0.12 availible.Should i update? Which new functions has been added between firmware 10.0.06 and 10.0.0.12 ?

I have read that people has broken their gimbals or gotten problems with them after a firmware update, dont know if that applies to this particular firmware or not ? Somebody on the forum said that.. "if your drone works perfectly then don´t upgrade the firmware", but to me that sounds a bit strange since there is a reason why firmware updates are released, namely because it adds new functions and fixes problems.
But if there is a risk that the gimbal gets ruined and the added functions between those firmwares are not major or important then i dont want to update the firmware.

What do you say about this thing? I would be glad for some input, thanks in advance.
2015-5-31
Use props
patswayze
New

Canada

Have you tried this?  How'd it work out?
2015-6-6
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

patswayze@gmail Posted at 2015-6-7 05:33
Have you tried this?  How'd it work out?

Yes i did update to the latest available firmware and it went fine. Don't know what improvements the firmware brought, i don't notice any difference, but the gimbal wasn't bricked.
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules