P3 Battery Charger specs
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vidpop
New

United States

Posting this as someone may have the same problem in the future.

Having only one battery is quite the pain! That being said, in an attempt to complete a job I've been shooting I purchased a 12v DC - AC inverter that plugs into the cig lighter. Its output voltage floats between 106v to 109v. The specs on the charging brick list 100v as the minimum required. Unfortunately, that spec is evidently in error as the circuitry of either the brick or the battery itself stops any attempt to charge.

Once the charger is plugged in, the normal LED recharge pattern is visible for two cycles, then shuts down and the #1 LED starts flashing in a pattern of 3 rapid flashes.

If you purchase an inverter, my guess you'd need one that delivers a minimum of 110v - 115v.

2015-5-31
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure the battery just isn't too warm and it's #4 blinking? That LED blink pattern means the battery is too hot to charge.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-31
Use props
vidpop
New

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-6-1 04:31
Are you sure the battery just isn't too warm and it's #4 blinking? That LED blink pattern means the  ...

Yes, you're right about what that flash code means. Yesterday, thinking that might have been the reason I did the following:

1. After getting trying to charge it with the inverter, I walked into my garage and plugged the charger in to a standard outlet and it started charging without any problems. I'm guessing that took about 30 seconds, so I don't think the battery would have cooled very much by then.

2. I tried waiting ~30 minutes after one flight before connecting to the inverter and it would not charge.
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules