6055 14 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans89c811c4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155305 ft
Switzerland

Hey there
I have trouble to use my Mavic 2 pro with my Google Pixel 2 XL. The app won't connect. Any ideas? Developermode doesn't help. Cable on bottom port neither. Highly disappointed rightnow.
Best, Marcel
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. You can try  to use a standard cable and connect it to the bottom part of the remote controller which is the reserve Video-downlink port. Please note that you need to remove first the cable which is already connected to the other port of the RC  before you connect the usb cable on the bottom part of the RC.
2018-9-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If you are using 9.0 Android Pie? DJI is not real fast on bleeding edge OS's. So you "might" need to wait till a revised DJI Go 4 app release.
2018-9-28
Use props
fans89c811c4
lvl.1
Switzerland

rolling56 Posted at 2018-9-28 03:54
If you are using 9.0 Android Pie? DJI is not real fast on bleeding edge OS's. So you "might" need to wait till a revised DJI Go 4 app release.

yes my p2xl is running on 9.0. strangely it works fine with my PM1... well maybe I buy an other device just for flying.
2018-9-28
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

fans89c811c4 Posted at 2018-9-28 04:29
yes my p2xl is running on 9.0. strangely it works fine with my PM1... well maybe I buy an other device just for flying.

Works flawlessly on my Pixel 2 XL but I have not updated yet and am still running 8.1.0 as I didn't want to risk the app not working with Android 9.
2018-9-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

fans89c811c4 Posted at 2018-9-28 04:29
yes my p2xl is running on 9.0. strangely it works fine with my PM1... well maybe I buy an other device just for flying.

I use my Nexus 6 for flying and it is on stock 7.1.1 My OG Pixel is stock 9.0 Sept so i will wait till DJI gets caught up. This has happened for a year and a half of Android updates so i just gave up and use my Nexus 6. This works best for me and may not for others.
2018-9-28
Use props
fans89c811c4
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-28 03:45
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. You can try  to use a standard cable and connect it to the bottom part of the remote controller which is the reserve Video-downlink port. Please note that you need to remove first the cable which is already connected to the other port of the RC  before you connect the usb cable on the bottom part of the RC.

Thank you for your advice. I reinstalled the app and was able to connect. I will keep you updatet if this stays like that when I'm next time out in the field.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans89c811c4 Posted at 2018-9-28 06:23
Thank you for your advice. I reinstalled the app and was able to connect. I will keep you updatet if this stays like that when I'm next time out in the field.

That's good to hear. Please keep me posted if the issue persists, we're here to help. Enjoy and always have a safe flight.
2018-9-28
Use props
ATranchina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683350 ft
United States

I have a bunch of connection issues with the Pixel 2 XL and the controller. I found that it only works reliably when I put the phone in airplane mode before connecting it to the controller. If I don't put it in airplane mode and it works, I get interference warnings like crazy from the app.
2018-9-28
Use props
Brian Raben
lvl.1
United States

I am having issues with the usb not connecting to android tablet.  the small cable works but when using usb it will never link.  im completely stuck and starting to regret buying this
2018-10-3
Use props
Kukaless
lvl.1

United States

Brian Raben Posted at 2018-10-3 07:09
I am having issues with the usb not connecting to android tablet.  the small cable works but when using usb it will never link.  im completely stuck and starting to regret buying this

Make sure you unplug the small cable from the side of the control while trying to connect to the bottom usb port.  I was having the same issue with it not connecting to my android tablet until I disconnected the short cable.  I hope that is the what is happening to you.  
2018-10-3
Use props
TPA
lvl.1

United States

You got the standard DJI response. Pixel 2 XL has not and does not maintain connection. An established issue that DJI has either ignored or are incapable of correcting. The connection issue has been an ongoing disappointment.
2018-12-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Works perfectly on a Pixel 2 XL.  Roughly 100 flights in, no disconnections, no issues for me.  Running latest Dec 18 security updates.
2018-12-27
Use props
djiuser_SvUbZaXlJXGz
New

United States

Hey everyone. It's going to be redundant but just want to verify. DJI Mavic 2 Pro works with Google Pixel 2 xl now correct? I know last year it wasn't working so I had to use my secondary phone. By the looks of it it's all good to go now. Can someone confirm. Thank you
2019-7-22
Use props
baffle
lvl.1
United States

Wow, I'm really sick of untouchable companies hiring poorly trained customer service "agents" who don't even read what you wrote (or listen to what you say on the phone) and respond with a long-winded, single answer telling you to do exactly what you just told them you already tried without success.
I'm pretty sure these greedy companies want you to get frustrated and just give up, so they design their customer service scripts and policies to screw you and run you in circles. Many words come to mind. Infuriating. Demoralizing. Painstaking. Exhausting. Boycott. Ban. Cancel. OVER IT. NEVER AGAIN.
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules