gimbal will not calibrate
8482 11 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

gimbal motor overload, gimbal severe vibrations, you name it I got it, now everytime I attempt to calibrate the gimbal it only goes to 5% and no further, can you advise me on what I should do next? gimbal motor load too large,  that's the warning I'm getting now.  Help!!

2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm really sorry to hear that. Have you calibrated the gimbal? If you already did, try to restore and refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here : (https://www.dji.com/mavic/downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. If the issue persists, kindly contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav) You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.

2018-9-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Usual troubleshoots mate: factory reset, FW refresh, calibrate everything - ensure no filters are on the gimbal and obviously that the lock is removed. If it persists then the gimbal may simply need servicing/replacing.
2018-9-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-9-28 08:12
Usual troubleshoots mate: factory reset, FW refresh, calibrate everything - ensure no filters are on the gimbal and obviously that the lock is removed. If it persists then the gimbal may simply need servicing/replacing.

well CW I am trying everything here tried factory reset,  tried calibrating through DJI assist but will not show me the dots which is suppose to do, nothing except showing me the tutoral,  tried to get tutoral but it's narrated in Chinese and here I am French Canadian, will see what I can do thanks for your input CW.
2018-9-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-28 08:22
well CW I am trying everything here tried factory reset,  tried calibrating through DJI assist but will not show me the dots which is suppose to do, nothing except showing me the tutoral,  tried to get tutoral but it's narrated in Chinese and here I am French Canadian, will see what I can do thanks for your input CW.

So annoying sometimes - good luck with it mate
2018-9-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hey Jack, do me a favour and check that the gimble is seated properly under the plates, the back needs to be under a sort of L bracket and the fronts ....well under the front brackets, sorry Bud but I dont have a picture of it maybe someone has one that they can post so you know what I am talking about
2018-9-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-9-28 08:31
Hey Jack, do me a favour and check that the gimble is seated properly under the plates, the back needs to be under a sort of L bracket and the fronts ....well under the front brackets, sorry Bud but I dont have a picture of it maybe someone has one that they can post so you know what I am talking about

oh I know what you mean Suren, had to do that a couple of times before, getting to be an expert at that procedure,  nah I'm at a loss here, factory reset,  downgraded everything , just will not calibrate, stops at 5% and that's it,  maddening
2018-9-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-28 09:51
oh I know what you mean Suren, had to do that a couple of times before, getting to be an expert at that procedure,  nah I'm at a loss here, factory reset,  downgraded everything , just will not calibrate, stops at 5% and that's it,  maddening

Sorry Jack, then I am at a loss unless you on an older firmware then should try updating
2018-9-28
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-9-28 09:58
Sorry Jack, then I am at a loss unless you on an older firmware then should try updating

I downgraded upgraded and everything else, will try something else later on tonight, hopefully I will succeed
2018-9-28
Use props
AMZN_Adanorth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3272054 ft
South Africa

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-28 08:22

I have this issue and I am using a mac to do the calibration
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_fOscKL3U2suT
New

United States

I am Having this same problem did you ever get it fixed?
2023-3-15
Use props
Kazr88
New

Australia

Hi guys on my way to a shoot. Had the same problem and crapped myself. I just randomly messed around until I saw a "motors in sleep mode" message for a second, then it suddenly just worked. I'm in a blind panic now and can't offer more but maybe that's a clue for someone.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules