POLL: Post-Production & Music Choice
1206 8 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

So, in post, the way my video is ultimately produced and finalized is based on either the content or the message I'm trying to get across. In layman's terms, the vibe of the video. In my opinion, what creates the overall vibe of the video is the song that you choose. The song you choose is what you use to base cutting scenes off of, using transitions, and making certain directive decisions. To me, the song choice is the most important when creating content, but that's just me. I can honestly say that for one of my most successful videos I've made thus far, it took me 3 MONTHS to find the perfect song that would successfully get my message across and get the viewer to feel what I wanted them to feel.

Now, I would say that if I'm making a destination-type video where I usually beautify and show the location in the best light possible, I would use a cinematic/relaxing song with longer shots of the subject. Where as if I'm making an adventure-type video, I would use a more upbeat song with quicker cutting scenes and using transitions.

So I guess what my question is, which type do you prefer? More so in the way that the type of aerial video keeps your attention. Also, might that depend on the content as well? Let me know I want to hear everyone's thoughts as to help me keep creative and keep creating interesting content!

PS: I never made a showreel since I got my drone in early 2017.
I'm dropping an aerial showreel comprising of all the content I've attained since then! Stay tuned!
Single SelectVote, Total 30 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

30.00% (9)
3.33% (1)
66.67% (20)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the location is key to the type of style needed so I'd say both.
2018-9-28
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-28 08:07
I think the location is key to the type of style needed so I'd say both.

I definitely agree!
2018-9-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-9-28
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Both.. I try to match the music to the content.  It's hard to get that perfect track to go with what you are creating.
2018-9-28
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-9-28 12:54
Both.. I try to match the music to the content.  It's hard to get that perfect track to go with what you are creating.

exactly! Which is why it takes forever !
2018-9-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Chirico Posted at 2018-9-28 15:02
exactly! Which is why it takes forever !

Very true       
2018-9-29
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I say both but stick with cinematic mostly since I do a lot of huge landscapes. I agonize over finding music and have fees are getting higher if I want to do a film festival film.
2018-10-5
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I say both but stick with cinematic mostly since I do a lot of huge landscapes. I agonize over finding music and have noticed fees are getting higher if I want to do a film festival film.
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules