Dji GO 4 disconnected from RC
939 18 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SfMeVj38Vaqv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429206 ft
Italy

Hi all, I recently buy the new mavic 2 zoom! I'm super happy about that drone but sometimes i've a disconnection of dji 4 go from the remote controller.
Let me explain detailed:
The remote controller is always linked and the signal is good but the application on my ios device suddnely disconnect and I dont see any video images!
The drone doesnt return home or else than i simply close the app and restart and after i see the video again and all is ok!
before that happen i have a notice about obstacle veicle warning but it was very fast.
There is a way to send logs to dji to troubleshooting my problem? Which is a official way to keep in touch with tech support?
Thanks for help! regards.

Add the video of the issue:

2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I just want to clarify, may I know what's the model of your iPhone? Please make sure to update the firmware of your drone and your iPhone to the latest version for compatibility purposes. Also, can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC then connect your iPhone. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_SfMeVj38Vaqv
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-28 14:51
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I just want to clarify, may I know what's the model of your iPhone? Please make sure to update the firmware of your drone and your iPhone to the latest version for compatibility purposes. Also, can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC then connect your iPhone. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

Thanks for reply! My device is iphone 8 up to the last ios 11.4.1 and dji go is 4.3.2 (now update to 4.3.3). RC is remote controller but AC means aircraft? There is a procedure to relink rc to ac? i check for it!
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_SfMeVj38Vaqv Posted at 2018-9-28 14:56
Thanks for reply! My device is iphone 8 up to the last ios 11.4.1 and dji go is 4.3.2 (now update to 4.3.3). RC is remote controller but AC means aircraft? There is a procedure to relink rc to ac? i check for it!

Hi. Yes RC means Remote Controller and AC means Aircraft. Kindly watch the attached link below for a video tutorial on how to re-link your Mavic 2 Zoom. Thank you.

2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_SfMeVj38Vaqv
lvl.1
Italy

Ok I'll do tomorrow than i try again meanwhile I also check the logs inside dji 4 go app but nothing there is nothing about the video aircraft disconnect and it happens two times inside the same flight.
The log inside the drone are the same inside the dji 4 go app or are different? thanks regards
2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17628 ft
Norway

I have the same problem with my Samsung S9+. RC controller is working, but the DJI app goes greyscale during flight. Have to turn every device off and on again to make it work again. Very frustrating!
2018-9-29
Use props
sparkies
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

Try using a USB cable on the remote to your phone - The little cable that is housed within the left hand side of the RC is a little dodgy! I have found, the shortest twitch can cause the lightning cable (mines an iPhone) to disconnect from the base of my phone.
2018-9-29
Use props
egar1M
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9 Posted at 2018-9-29 01:57
I have the same problem with my Samsung S9+. RC controller is working, but the DJI app goes greyscale during flight. Have to turn every device off and on again to make it work again.  Very frustrating!

same here! dark gray screen! do you check the logs? found any trace of problem?
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9
lvl.1
Norway

sparkies Posted at 2018-9-29 02:34
Hi,

Try using a USB cable on the remote to your phone - The little cable that is housed within the left hand side of the RC is a little dodgy! I have found, the shortest twitch can cause the lightning cable (mines an iPhone) to disconnect from the base of my phone.

If I use an ordinary USB cable to the standard big USB plug the app does not not recognize that anything is connected.
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9
lvl.1
Norway

djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9 Posted at 2018-9-29 01:57
I have the same problem with my Samsung S9+. RC controller is working, but the DJI app goes greyscale during flight. Have to turn every device off and on again to make it work again.  Very frustrating!

Correct that: Just tryed to fly it again and the phone app got disconnected multiple times. Had to give up flying in the end (and I had travelled for and hour to get to a special spot ). When the app was disconnected and went grey the rc controller claimed it was still in GPS mode, but the drone went in to coming home mode. Then it just hovered 1,5 m above ground and nothing I did on the rc controller would influence the drone. Had to take it out of the air by hand and turn it upside down.  
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9
lvl.1
Norway

egar1M Posted at 2018-9-29 04:04
same here! dark gray screen! do you check the logs? found any trace of problem?

No idea where I find the logs...
2018-9-29
Use props
sparkies
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_uWoMYNKpYvO9 Posted at 2018-9-29 07:32
If I use an ordinary USB cable to the standard big USB plug the app does not not recognize that anything is connected.

You need to unplug the little lead on the left hand side of the remote controller, in order for the USB port to work.
2018-9-30
Use props
cyrilp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14465 ft
  • >>>
France

same issue for me  !!!
2018-10-1
Use props
egar1M
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-28 14:51

I add the video of issue, in the application log i dont found any report about the disconnection or the warning about the abstacle avoidance, could be the cable? how could i open a ticket with tech support? thanks
2018-10-1
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

How long distance you got loose a signal? i got zoom and 2 pro. I want to test again. As for zoom i got 2 times disconnect. for 2 pro I have not test yet.
2018-10-1
Use props
egar1M
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-28 15:39
Hi. Yes RC means Remote Controller and AC means Aircraft. Kindly watch the attached link below for a video tutorial on how to re-link your Mavic 2 Zoom. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVwvfIdnXA

I've done that procedure but also today i have the error in the video.. The logs in the app doesnt show anything What else could i do?
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

egar1M Posted at 2018-10-5 04:14
I've done that procedure but also today i have the error in the video.. The logs in the app doesnt show anything  What else could i do?

Hi, we're really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use different USB cable? If the issue persists, please try to use a different device. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-10-5
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like your USB cable. Search "Anker Double Braided Nylon USB"
2018-10-5
Use props
egar1M
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-5 08:41
Hi, we're really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use different USB cable? If the issue persists, please try to use a different device. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I've done about ten flight using another cable (an original iphone 8 cable )no issue!!!
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules