OccuSync Connection Problems
710 7 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
morobison71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281821 ft
United States

Bought a new DJI Zoom 2.  Latest problem is sync transmission problems between RC and the drone during flight.  It's glitchy, delayed and/or freezes up.  All firmware up-to-date.  All apps current and using high-end device (iPhone 7 Plus).  This is happening in wide open spaces, no interference, less than 200-300 feet away.  

It's sort of dangerous to fly a drone and lose signal/video feed, is worrisome.  I never had these problems on my DJI Mavic Pro, that worked flawlessly.

2018-9-28
Use props
fansd3ba8d41
New

United States

I’m having the exact same issue. What makes it worse is I can take any pictures or record any video. The signal lasts for 3-4 seconds and then gets lost. All firmware are up to date. I’ve had the drone for TWO DAYS!!  It worked great on day one...now utterly disappointed.
2018-9-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Do you have the mobile device in airplane mode and no other apps running in the background?
2018-9-29
Use props
morobison71
lvl.1
United States

No, not in airplane mode, however, that never was an issue with my old Mavic Pro.  No other apps running except for systems.  My best guess is it's some sort of software bug/glitch and is going to require some fixes in firmware.  I think DJI rushed this out too quick without proper testing.

The glitchy loss of signal is disconcerting.  I'm considering going back to just using the Mavic Pro.
2018-9-29
Use props
fansd3ba8d41
New

United States

Not in airplane mode either
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask what is the version of your DJI GO 4 app, iOS, and the firmware of your unit? Have you tried to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue? Did you try to uninstall and re-install the application? Please save your important files and sync your flight records in any case that you'll be deleting the app. Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-30
Use props
morobison71
lvl.1
United States

iOS 11.4.1
DJI v4.3.1 (3196)

Yes, deleted/reinstalled apps, used DJI Assistant, too.

Glitches happened both times I've flown Zoom 2 intermittently for a 2-3 minutes, had to land it/restart drone to get it to stop.

Just too much hassle.  I just want to use it for my video projects, not be a product tester for DJI.  Going to return it to the retailer. I think I'll wait until all the software issues get sorted, going back to the Mavic Pro.
2018-9-30
Use props
Jclark5101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189843 ft
United States

I am new to drones and have a Spark,Mavic Air and a Mavic Zoom. Ordered the Zoom as soon as it hit the DJI web page. For what I know about drones my zoom is perfect. The screen on my IPad is crystal clear and works flawless. Once I run out of range and lose a little bit of signal it slows down and a little choppy. I don’t mind that because I expect it to get worse with less signal. Signal has a lot to do with where you fly and where I fly it is so hilly I lose some signal at a little over a mile away.  To me that is further than you should ever fly a drone anyway. “Line Of Sight” and a Mavic zoom can not be seen that far away anyway, I do not do this often but I have had it out of sight at 120m high just to check my signal in my area.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules