My spark whent Down without warning
12Next >
2881 51 2018-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078228 ft

Before you start thinking anything I have been flying for many years on this park alone I got / 345 flights today a flew in the same place I always do for many months when I got a battery warning at 30% the screen went blank signal on the remote when red hit said returning home I agree on the return home I hear the beeping but that don't see the spark as he was only about 500 feet away from me I waited two minutes I didn't see nothing coming back so I went on the search for it I use find my drone on the application but no results later as I put my phone number on the battery compartment with my registration my neighbor calling me telling me he found my spark I'll later look at the fly record and after it supposed to come home and just started swerving around in a s shape and decreasing altitude dramatically to the hit something not sure if it was a treat but the day before I had a glitches on my applications which I never had before today. Glitch I am asking for some help as I don't think this happened I would have followed error my spark is not even a year old I thought you said everyday and I can afford to pay for repairs that wasn't caused by my own responsibility I will thank you in advance for any help that I can get from support here in this form
http://40.693144, -73.908402
2018-9-28
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Go straight to the support on the app, you may need to provide flight information and aircraft details that support team may request.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for what happened with your aircraft. For us to be able to help you, kindly fill out the online repair request form and send in the aircraft for flight analysis and check what happened during that specific flight. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Welcome to DJI Repair Services
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-29 05:54
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for what happened with your aircraft. For us to be able to help you, kindly fill out the online repair request form and send in the aircraft for flight analysis and check what happened during that specific flight. We're here to help you. Thank you.

I will dod just that thanks..forbthe rwsponse
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-9-29 08:38
I will dod just that thanks..forbthe rwsponse

No worries. Should you have any concerns. Don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you.
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Your are lucky you got it back, Mine lost connection and I never saw it after that...
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-29 08:46
No worries. Should you have any concerns. Don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/e ... ns&val=detailed
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-9-29 12:51
Your are lucky you got it back, Mine lost connection and I never saw it after that...

Wow.sorry to hear that.it was only abot 45 hundred feet away.i flight from my roof top all the time so i can see it.this never happened before. The find my drone feature on thw app is amazing accurate too.i learned to remove the drone activation code from the battery conpartment so no one can use it if found plus i add my faa registration there with my phone number.i figure when they realyze it cant be activated they will call me.thanks to that the kid that founded it called me right away
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-9-29 12:51
https://app.airdata.com/flight/eae55df1d170bd1c4fd35b877019c0cd/GENERALNotifications&val=detailed

You should check ontop of that building
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Thank you so much i have the shipping label ready so send in on monday.
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-9-29 13:30
Wow.sorry to hear that.it was only abot 45 hundred feet away.i flight from my roof top all the time so i can see it.this never happened before. The find my drone feature on thw app is amazing accurate too.i learned to remove the drone activation code from the battery conpartment so no one can use it if found plus i add my faa registration there with my phone number.i figure when they realyze it cant be activated they will call me.thanks to that the kid that founded it called me right away

I wish I did that. I don't think I'll buy another one. Can't afford one as a student. Anyway, congrats on a successful drone recovery
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-9-29 13:39
You should check ontop of that building

Can't, they don't let you, but there were alot of people there and if it landed or dropped from 114m, I think someone would have heard it atleast, plus, I was there when it happened, less than 100m from it to be exact. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-9-29 14:02
Can't, they don't let you, but there were alot of people there and if it landed or dropped from 114m, I think someone would have heard it atleast, plus, I was there when it happened, less than 100m from it to be exact. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

You have the flight record.maybe there is a way you can get i replaced as or something dji is awesome on customer care. I think if it was a filmwate problem you are not responsible.just give it a try i know the feeling bro. I live the drone almost everyday i show ppl how good it is on instagram @DonJuanFernandez.i have some really nice pics there.i flight everyday and im grownded right now.sad for me but i believe they wil help me as i had an amazing goid experience with Dji on this forum.
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-9-29 14:26
You have the flight record.maybe there is a way you can get i replaced as or something dji is awesome on customer care. I think if it was a filmwate problem you are not responsible.just give it a try i know the feeling bro. I live the drone almost everyday i show ppl how good it is on instagram @DonJuanFernandez.i have some really nice pics there.i flight everyday and im grownded right now.sad for me but i believe they wil help me as i had an amazing goid experience with Dji on this forum.

I did give them the flight record, they provided me with 30% off, still wayyyy to much for me, I also have to take care of student fees. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-9-29 14:26
You have the flight record.maybe there is a way you can get i replaced as or something dji is awesome on customer care. I think if it was a filmwate problem you are not responsible.just give it a try i know the feeling bro. I live the drone almost everyday i show ppl how good it is on instagram @DonJuanFernandez.i have some really nice pics there.i flight everyday and im grownded right now.sad for me but i believe they wil help me as i had an amazing goid experience with Dji on this forum.

Plus, you kind of advertise their product for them and they would want you to continue doing so, which means you could receive a replacement.
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-9-29 15:28
Plus, you kind of advertise their product for them and they would want you to continue doing so, which means you could receive a replacement.

Wow,i never thought of it like that.advertising theyr Product.lol. for free. Daimg i feel sad about your case i realky wish i can help,i cant pay for repairs neither but it was the sudgestiin from them to send it in.when i first got it the gimbal whent crazy on me and just stooed working.i send it in and was greeted with a $160 quote and i had nothing to do with it breacking so i posted here and got great help they ended up replacing it for free.the figured all out here and got a awesome service looking forward to the same great service this time also..i will keep the outcome posted here.again sory to hear about your Spark ending up like that...
2018-9-29
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-9-29 18:00
Wow,i never thought of it like that.advertising theyr Product.lol. for free. Daimg i feel sad about your case i realky wish i can help,i cant pay for repairs neither but it was the sudgestiin from them to send it in.when i first got it the gimbal whent crazy on me and just stooed working.i send it in and was greeted with a $160 quote and i had nothing to do with it breacking so i posted here and got great help they ended up replacing it for free.the figured all out here and got a awesome service looking forward to the same great service this time also..i will keep the outcome posted here.again sory to hear about your Spark ending up like that...

Uhh it's fine, good riddance, I don't have to deal with it anymore. Anyway, DJI is offering 30%  off but I don't think I'll take it, or maybe I will, and sell the code. Unless, DJI decides to give me another one, then I'll be a happy customer. LOL, thanks
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Just send it in today.oks stay put i know im going to need your help again..
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-10-1 15:42
Just send it in today.oks stay put i know im going to need your help again..

No worries. Just reach us if you still have concerns. Thank you.
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Ok so as I expected.now I got a quote that I can't afford.$266. And to top it all off they say it was my fault.don't they check what whent on before they reply? All I use my drone is to take picture and some videos and advertise what I did them with on instagram.@DonJuanFernandez. DjiSpark..you can see I been doing it for a while now.why would I ever charged my drone so close to home point? Like I sayed before. Low battery warning at 30%,took one morw pic,lost signal and all whent blank on the screen,return home beep came on on the RC but no sign of Spark for 2 minutes.use find my drone.but nothing came up 20 minutes later naibor called me with found drone.one broken leg and motor battery was out of it but it still turned on well. I can't pay for no repair that was caused by a program glitch or something I cant understand. If I can't get help here I guess the have a spark to resell cause I can't not effort it . they just gaved me that same drone back after they repaired gimbal failure "dji" a few month back so it should still be covered some how...thanks in advance for anything that could be of help...
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Also they telling me the main board? It worked all except the motor after crash.
2018-10-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-10-9 11:22
Ok so as I expected.now I got a quote that I can't afford.$266. And to top it all off they say it was my fault.don't they check what whent on before they reply? All I use my drone is to take picture and some videos and advertise what I did them with on instagram.@DonJuanFernandez. DjiSpark..you can see I been doing it for a while now.why would I ever charged my drone so close to home point? Like I sayed before. Low battery warning at 30%,took one morw pic,lost signal and all whent blank on the screen,return home beep came on on the RC but no sign of Spark for 2 minutes.use find my drone.but nothing came up 20 minutes later naibor called me with found drone.one broken leg and motor battery was out of it but it still turned on well. I can't pay for no repair that was caused by a program glitch or something I cant understand. If I can't get help here I guess the have a spark to resell cause I can't not effort it . they just gaved me that same drone back after they repaired gimbal failure "dji" a few month back so it should still be covered some how...thanks in advance for anything that could be of help...

what firmware were you on... I am betting the latest .1000
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

I am not quite sure which one I was on as I always update as soon as they come up after the last one about 3 days prior to the accident or whatever they want to call it after that it started acting weird catching glitches and losing signal out of very short distance so I'm not sure that they had something to do with it and to top it all off my flight record indicates or it just don't show the warning signal like low battery and returning home they also shows like if I was left stick down but at the time I left my screen went completely blank like if it was frozen and I had no control all happened within visual distance this is kind of crazy but that's why you was happen I hope I could get some help with this also have a couple of or friends in Instagram they are having same kinds of issues with their Sparks all of a sudden hope they can help me here
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Yup i need your help.pls.
2018-10-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

Sound like you are on .1000. Looks like that firmware claimed another life. If one of these stray birds kills someone they are going to be held liable. Too many reports here that the firmware is flawed yet they don’t respond
2018-10-9
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Sounds like you average Spark FLY AWAY
2018-10-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

and when I say 'they' I mean DJI ... they have to know by now something is wrong... too many posts to ignore it at this point...
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Yup I see that I'm going to have to open a new column here to get an answer only reason I Sen it in was cause advised by one of the admins here. Now they not replying..
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 2018-10-9 21:49
Sounds like you average Spark FLY AWAY

Sad thing is they blaming me for it
2018-10-10
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for what happened with your aircraft. For us to be able to help you, kindly fill out the online repair request form and send in the aircraft for flight analysis and check what happened during that specific flight. We're here to help you. Thank you.

ok i need your help now pls
2018-10-10
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-4 02:58
No worries. Just reach us if you still have concerns. Thank you.

been trying so for the past 2 days. i did as you sugested and now i get a $266 Quote saying that it was my fault. im not new to flighting and all i ude my spark is really to free advertise dji spark everyday on instagram with its full capabilities ,mostly pictures so i take very good care and respect mu drone. most of what happened did not even come up on the flight recordlike take off,class b airspace,low battery warning or mainly returning home.all happened withing visual distance so is imposible that i will crash my drone on purpose im prety shore you can tell therte is no benefit in so.thing is i cant affort the request and less when it was not my fault.another thing i like you to know is that that particular drone was sent back to me from dji repairs after gimbal failure only about 2 or so month ago. so it should be still under warranty for the time i got it for .i trully love the drone and it never failed till after i updated the filmware that it started giving me lots of glidges and lost of signal at short distances also telling me im at no flight zone when the closest airport is about 7 miles away and the same place i flight from day one. pls see what can you do to help if not they will just have to keep it as i cant pay for uit...
2018-10-10
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Donjuan. Posted at 2018-10-10 10:01
been trying so for the past 2 days. i did as you sugested and now i get a $266 Quote saying that it was my fault. im not new to flighting and all i ude my spark is really to free advertise dji spark everyday on instagram with its full capabilities ,mostly pictures so i take very good care and respect mu drone. most of what happened did not even come up on the flight recordlike take off,class b airspace,low battery warning or mainly returning home.all happened withing visual distance so is imposible that i will crash my drone on purpose im prety shore you can tell therte is no benefit in so.thing is i cant affort the request and less when it was not my fault.another thing i like you to know is that that particular drone was sent back to me from dji repairs after gimbal failure only about 2 or so month ago. so it should be still under warranty for the time i got it for .i trully love the drone and it never failed till after i updated the filmware that it started giving me lots of glidges and lost of signal at short distances also telling me im at no flight zone when the closest airport is about 7 miles away and the same place i flight from day one. pls see what can you do to help if not they will just have to keep it as i cant pay for uit...

thanks in advance for anything you can do..
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Donjuan. Posted at 2018-10-10 10:02
thanks in advance for anything you can do..

Hi Juan, we are very sorry about the result of the analysis. I am writing this to inform you that we have checked the final result from the respective department and it appears to be that this will not be cover under warranty due to the following reasons:

1.       Unit was in Sport mode and was responsive to RC input.
2.       Obstacle avoidance is not active in Sport mode.
3.       At t=797s, relative height=5.8m unit recorded external impact, then fell.
4.       User commanded full roll right before impact.
5.       User did not allow enough time for the unit to brake before impact.

Force impact date:2018-09-28
Force impact GPS location:40.6933137, -73.9084183
Conclusion: No malfunction found. Non Warranty
2018-10-10
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3

Lol.really the drone lost full signal.screen whent blank and return home beep wad on, thete was nothing in the screen then in the flight record it don't even show that it was on return home mode or even take off I can show you all the crazy things I was doing the flight before that crash..like I sayed and you can see on there the drone was within visual distance and yhete is a school between drone and home point that is about 70'tall so according to you I crashed my drone in purpose for the fun of going try this now..lol. Pls check again to see what whent wrong why it dont even show the low battery warning at 30% on record or take off when it did on my controller at the time.I did not started flughting yesterday been doing it since hightshool 1990. What would I do that to my drone.I got well over 100 spark advertising pics on instagram that's what I do not crashing ..but anyhow if you just want to keep it keep it cause I cany pay for that.specially when it crashed the way I'm telling you.i am level 27 345 flights on my record those mistakes are maybe for first time flighters..common sence.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Donjuan. Posted at 2018-10-10 21:55
Lol.really the drone lost full signal.screen whent blank and return home beep wad on, thete was nothing in the screen then in the flight record it don't even show that it was on return home mode or even take off I can show you all the crazy things I was doing the flight before that crash..like I sayed and you can see on there the drone was within visual distance and yhete is a school between drone and home point that is about 70'tall so according to you I crashed my drone in purpose for the fun of going try this now..lol. Pls check again to see what whent wrong why it dont even show the low battery warning at 30% on record or take off when it did on my controller at the time.I did not started flughting yesterday been doing it since hightshool 1990. What would I do that to my drone.I got well over 100 spark advertising pics on instagram that's what I do not crashing ..but anyhow if you just want to keep it keep it cause I cany pay for that.specially when it crashed the way I'm telling you.i am level 27 345 flights on my record those mistakes are maybe for first time flighters..common sence.

We double checked the flight itself and can confirm that RTH wasn't triggered. The Low battery level warning will show up if the battery level is enough only for the drone to return to the recorded home point. Even it's less than 30%, since the drone is almost near the home point, it won't warn you to do RTH due to low battery. Also, the drone is flying normally under Sports mode when it hit something at 797s with full stick command and not by it's own. You may review the records itself using your DJI Go 4 to verify this explanation. You can refer on this link how to read the flight records from the app: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Tutorials+V1.0.pdf
2018-10-11
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3

I onow what the record indicates and also what came up on the screen.it is set to 30% low battery warning which I'm telling you came up on the screen also returning home but for some reason not on the record.it will always give a low battery warning even if is 2 feet away what it won't do is give you a 10 second option saying that if you dont land it will on its own. Check that! I understand you just trying to help and I greatly appreciate it but I'm shore others here are having similar problems with the screen going blank and just warnings not being recorded.I know you just can go by what you see on the record. But now I'm afraid of this happening again and the record don't show the warnings .something is terribly wrong with I'm not shore if is the firmware or what ever but now I know it can't be trusted.like I sayed before y'all nether believe me or keep it I can't go though this again.I'm going to show you the flight right before that one so someone can explain to me how come those warnings dont show on the crashed record being that I just changed battery and took off from the exact place but here you can see the warnings and crazy things happening like twisting around on straight flight.the screen whent blank here also but I guess you can't see that neither. I know what came up on the screen whether you believe me or not and won't change my version of what happened cause us the only explanation.I saw low batt warning took another pic,lost signal I heard returning home,beep came on the RC as usual I waited nothing came up.and surprisingly is not on the record.hope no one else goes through this cause is happening and the later you figure I was saying the truth.thanks for all your. Effort I know is not on your hands I really apresiate it.but it is what it is. Wish you can do more.I always categorized dji ad the best but I guess all got its flaws...content://media/external/file/290569
2018-10-11
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3

content://media/external/file/290569
2018-10-11
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Donjuan. Posted at 2018-10-11 17:11

Hi Donjuan, sorry that the link you provided above cannot be opened, we are so sorry for the crash accident, your concern has been escalated to the local team to double analyze, we will have someone to contact you after the further analysis, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-11
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-11 23:20
Hi Donjuan, sorry that the link you provided above cannot be opened, we are so sorry for the crash accident, your concern has been escalated to the local team to double analyze, we will have someone to contact you after the further analysis, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you Dji mindy. I remember you being of alot of help here before.thank you for what ever you can do to help me as a customer..
2018-10-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules