YouTube Live Streaming
11623 26 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoTuZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154134 ft
United States

All of a sudden every time I try to live stream on YouTube it says invalid password - cannot sign in.  I tried:

Rebooting all devices
Reinstalled YouTube
Changed password
Used a different YouTube ID
Reset firmware
Used a different phone
Used a tablet
Used 3g, 4g, wifi at home
Cleared cache/cookies

Anyone else run into this?

2018-9-29
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

Instead of trying to sign in to YouTube just click on the custom RTMP option in the "Live Streaming Platform" on DJI GO 4 and insert your YouTube Live stream name and key.
I know that its not the same thing as being able to log in, but I've seen a lot of people with this particular issue and most of them resolved it by using the RTMP Stream option.
All of that I've tried on my Crystal Sky as well and its all been updated to the most recent firmware and DJI GO 4 App.

2018-9-29
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
United States

cinnabun Posted at 2018-9-29 12:00
Instead of trying to sign in to YouTube just click on the custom RTMP option in the "Live Streaming Platform" on DJI GO 4 and insert your YouTube Live stream name and key.
I know that its not the same thing as being able to log in, but I've seen a lot of people with this particular issue and most of them resolved it by using the RTMP Stream option.
All of that I've tried on my Crystal Sky as well and its all been updated to the most recent firmware and DJI GO 4 App.

I will try that. I have never heard of that and I dont know hoe to find the youtube key and stuff but I will figure it out. Thank you!!
2018-9-29
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
United States

There is nowhere in the dji go app to enter the key
2018-9-29
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
United States

LoTuZ Posted at 2018-9-29 16:08
There is nowhere in the dji go app to enter the key

I thought the same thing. In the DJI GO4 app where it asks for your RTMP stream name you enter it and put your stream key after the name.

like so

rtmp://youtube.com/livestream/yourkey

you'll want to replace what I've typed above with your own youtube rtmp stream and key. I entered mine with the dashes and it worked was able to stream to YouTube.

Hope this helps
2018-9-29
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
United States

cinnabun Posted at 2018-9-29 21:29
I thought the same thing. In the DJI GO4 app where it asks for your RTMP stream name you enter it and put your stream key after the name.

like so

Omg. I would have never thought to do that. Thank you!
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to ask if you were able to fix your concern using the recommendation from one of our valued customers? Please let us know on the latest progress.
2018-9-30
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-30 10:31
Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to ask if you were able to fix your concern using the recommendation from one of our valued customers? Please let us know on the latest progress.

Hello Tony,

No, I still cannot login to youtube through DJI Go. It always says invalid password.

2018-9-30
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
United States

LoTuZ Posted at 2018-9-30 11:50
Hello Tony,

No, I still cannot login to youtube through DJI Go. It always says invalid password.

For the record I've never been able to log directly into YouTube through the DJI GO4 App either, but the RTMP method was an alternative that allowed me to do something very similar. I do understand that doesn't solve your OP but until there is a resolution that's the only thing that I've been able to find about the topic.

Some people have mentioned using a different user profile, I also might mention that I use 2 Factor Authentication which has been known to cause some issues when trying to sign into YouTube. I'll try adding an "App Password" through the Google Dashboard and see if that will let me log in directly to YouTube. I'll post my results.. stand by!
2018-9-30
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
United States

So I tried on my Galaxy S7 which has been updated to the latest version of DJI GO4 as of today I believe its 4.3.2 as well as the 5.5 DJI Crystal Sky monitor and I had the same results as discussed above. Both YouTube Live Stream login attempts failed after entering password.
2018-9-30
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
United States

cinnabun Posted at 2018-9-30 13:00
For the record I've never been able to log directly into YouTube through the DJI GO4 App either, but the RTMP method was an alternative that allowed me to do something very similar. I do understand that doesn't solve your OP but until there is a resolution that's the only thing that I've been able to find about the topic.

Some people have mentioned using a different user profile, I also might mention that I use 2 Factor Authentication which has been known to cause some issues when trying to sign into YouTube. I'll try adding an "App Password" through the Google Dashboard and see if that will let me log in directly to YouTube. I'll post my results.. stand by!

Thnks! FYI - I had no issues logging into uouyoutube and live streaming up until 3 days ago. I just streamed live 6 days ago with no issues. So I not sure what changed since then.  

Here is my stream. Enjoy!
2018-9-30
Use props
Axser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492270 ft
Poland

Hello everyone,

I'd like to refresh this topic, because i've problem with Youtube live stream from DJI GO 4 app, flying my Mavic Air.

I'm new to DJI drones so maybe i'm doing something wrong, and i hope you can help me I'll go throught my problem step by step with screenshoots just in case i miss something.

So, when i go throguth settings i enter Choose Live Streaming Platrofm, then i choose YouTube, and Basic Mode and immediatelypopup appears

I sellect OK, and this popup appear

I sellect Sign In, and i'm given choice, what browser do i want to use, i've tried opera and chrome, i've problem on both of them, for this screenshoot i choose opera,
i
This is my native langue, sorry, so the DJI GO is asking for permission to see my email, etc and connect to my youtube account, when i sellect Apply the popup appears saying

I've triend this on 3 diffrent phones, OnePlus Huaweii and HTC, and no i cant "JUST USE IPHONE" ;)
Any suggestions?
2018-10-19
Use props
Axser
lvl.1
Poland

Axser Posted at 2018-10-19 04:07
Hello everyone,

I'd like to refresh this topic, because i've problem with Youtube live stream from DJI GO 4 app, flying my Mavic Air.

I see first image didnt upload correctly, first popup that appear loosk like this
2018-10-19
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2

Axser Posted at 2018-10-19 04:07
Hello everyone,

I too still have the same problem. I even got a new mavic air because i crashed mine last week and still same problem. Maybe its a youtube issue woth something they changed? Mauh ne its DJI app? Its frustrating.
2018-10-19
Use props
Axser
lvl.1
Poland

I've contacted with DJI support, maybe they have solution to our problem.
2018-10-23
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

YouTube was down a few days ago although they are not telling the world about what happened   YT Crash
I got a message that trained monkeys were trying to fix the problem, so at least they tell the truth sometimes
2018-10-23
Use props
Passegua Mavic
lvl.2
Italy

Please explain exactly which address should I add ?

Thanks.
2018-11-10
Use props
Passegua Mavic
lvl.2
Italy

Axser Posted at 10-23 22:51
I've contacted with DJI support, maybe they have solution to our problem.

Did you get any answer / solution ?
I am getting the same error message.
Thanks
2018-11-10
Use props
Axser
lvl.1
Poland

Nope, no answer
2018-11-12
Use props
LoTuZ
lvl.2
United States

Axser Posted at 11-12 12:34
Nope, no answer

I also used a brand new phone, an iphone, and a brand new Mavic Air/controller andsymptom still exists. This is definitely related to the app or youtube.
2018-11-12
Use props
kdorlich
lvl.1
United States

like so

Nailed it! Had to try it twice when the keys changed on me for some reason but once the keys matched, all went well. Yes, use the hyphens. Hoping to see more platforms soon.  Thanks!
2019-4-28
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had the same issues but with my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller and I would really like to get to the bottom of this.

I originally posted about this back in January when I first purchased the drone and have never been able to logon. I get the same error screen as you and when I click on the presented link I get a page not found error.

DJI have totally ignored my thread where others who have the same issue have also posted that they too have the same problem.

It seems to me like it might be an OAuth login error of some sort?

Hope you get it sorted...

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-28
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

I am sure everyone is aware that if you have less then 1k subscribers you cannot live stream with a mobile device.  Just thought I'd add that.
2019-4-29
Use props
Passegua Mavic
lvl.2
Italy

Instead of trying to sign in to YouTube just click on the custom RTMP option in the "Live Streaming Platform" on DJI GO 4 and insert your YouTube Live stream name and key.
All of that I've tried on my Crystal Sky as well and its all been updated to the most recent firmware and DJI GO 4 App.

I tried using rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 but I do not know where to put my key.
Please explain.
Thanks.
2019-7-15
Use props
Andrix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2382815 ft
United States

For those still struggling with live-streaming, your URL for streaming to YouTube should be:

rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/ab0c-def1-ghi2-j3kl-4mno

Where ab0c-def1-ghi2-j3kl-4mno is your stream key from Stream Settings page on YouTube. You only get that on streams manually created on YouTube web site, not on streams auto-created by the app.
Choosing YouTube directly as streaming option from DJI App doesn't work, it just gets stuck in "starting stream" for me. YouTube via RTPM  works quite reliably for me.  
DJI App saves this stream address, so you can even power down the drone, swap the battery, and then resume the same stream.
2020-5-18
Use props
prorek
lvl.1

Serbia

like so

About this workaround method. everything goes smoothly and easy, but my video just doesn't go live.
No error message, no popups. It say "connecting" and nothing happens.
RC is online, everything looks ok...what am I missing here?

2021-4-23
Use props
antonello
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6893 ft
Italy

Instead of trying to sign in to YouTube just click on the custom RTMP option in the "Live Streaming Platform" on DJI GO 4 and insert your YouTube Live stream name and key.
All of that I've tried on my Crystal Sky as well and its all been updated to the most recent firmware and DJI GO 4 App.

I am trying to stream on restream's rtmp channel, but in the dji go 4 app there is only one field to enter the parameters, how can I enter the server and key, in what format? can you give me an example?
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules