Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Supports new FAA rules that restrict your ability to fly
3230 45 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atmos_7
lvl.2
United States

It will be interesting to see what happens once the first $10,000+ Inspire 2 gets "confiscated".
2019-2-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-5 19:25
If Military business is what DJI is after, DJI is going to have to open it's entire business up to close and detailed inspections and auditing.  I know from work that Government will have a few insiders, besides standard inspectors and auditors - verifying security and compliance.

i think DJi has backed out of the military desire more recently though, probably because they know they never get it while having a backdoor right into chinese government.

dji seems to have decided on doing what appears to be 2 things instead..

1. offering more enterprise solutions across broader product lines.

2. more consumer level artificial segmentations and further lack of feature parity. likely to force peopel who want a simple toggle to spend additional $1000 to get it

2019-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-5 19:19
(I can see a number of cases or drones being stolen in the field by folk pretending to be officials).

If they come onto my field, they better have a real badge and proof badge is their own.

Same here mate but I can see some teenagers flying their first drone getting ripped off with these new proposals by some clever crims.
2019-2-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-29 12:51
In one point you are wrong. The ones to ''thank'' for these new rules are the reckless idiots who have caused many dangerous incidents. Now you get the result of their actions.

I am in full agreement with you Watchberger, We have to pay for those idiots mistakes and responsibilities.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Pity for the US....
Luckily, there is still some free world out there with more reasonable laws.
However, it's shrinking rapidly.
2019-2-6
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

I think the current application works well to restrict areas of NFZ.... I do worry it will become more restrictive in time unfortunately.   When that happens, just like android phones, they'll be rooted options that will make things more of a problem than just letting the current rules stand.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules