Is DJIOfficialStore on eBay really DJI?
8331 18 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Would appreciate a response from DJI on this question.
I am interested in purchasing a battery from this store because they are listed as a DJI Official store (on eBay).
Can you tell me any details on this and whether or not this eBay store is safe to buy from?
2018-9-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's really DJI if you're referring to this eBay store:
https://www.ebay.com/str/djiofficialstore
2018-9-29
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

No, this one... it even is stated in their store write up "...what we do here at DJI"
If this isn't a real DJI store then is DJI ok with this?
2018-9-29
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

oh, maybe that is the same store... when I clicked on the Visit Store it went to that page you linked to.  Sound ok then to buy a battery from them
2018-9-29
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

Uggggh. I just ordered the battery from that store and I get an email invoice from Drone Nerds... should I be worried?

2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes eBay is one of our official online store. You can check it here for more information. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-9-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-29 16:43
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes eBay is one of our official online store. You can check it here for more information. Thank you.

Thanks Gamora.
I never knew DJI had an official store on eBay.
2018-9-29
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-29 17:21
Thanks Gamora.
I never knew DJI had an official store on eBay.

So if you buy something from the eBay store does it carry the same warranty, etc., as if you buy it directly from DJI?
2018-9-29
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-9-29 19:12
So if you buy something from the eBay store does it carry the same warranty, etc., as if you buy it directly from DJI?

if you got a invoice form drone nerds after checking out on dji store that doesnt seem right.. they do have an official store on ebay and i imagine they send you their own invoice not some other seller's.  drone nerds is a legit seller and reseller however i wouldn't distrust stuff from them directly, but i would be a little concerned about getting an invoice form them when purchased from another store.. seems weird.

as for warranty..  yes and no...  depends if it has already been activated/used or not. how much warranty may or may not be remaining.. you can always contact dji support directly via live chat and get them to look up the serial number of the part you purchased to see if it was already activated or if that is new...
2018-9-29
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
United States

That's actually a good point.  They claim to be an authorized DJI reseller but why put up an eBay store with one name and get a receipt with another?  I almost cancelled the order.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-29 17:21
Thanks Gamora.
I never knew DJI had an official store on eBay.

No worries B1houdini. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-9-29 19:12

Hi marklyn. Yes, it carries the same manufacturer's warranty.
2018-9-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-30 02:32
No worries B1houdini. Have a safe flight always.

Thanks again Gamora,
One question.
Since some of the batteries on DJI eBay store are refurbished. Will they carry the same warranty as a new battery?  (6months or 200 charges.)
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-30 07:41
Thanks again Gamora,
One question.
Since some of the batteries on DJI eBay store are refurbished. Will they carry the same warranty as a new battery?  (6months or 200 charges.)

Yes, absolutely B1houdini.
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_6aMGEVSWiQ7T
New

United States

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes eBay is one of our official online store. You can check it here for more information. Thank you.

Gamora, don't give misinformation. DJIOfficialStore on Ebay is a RESELLER! NOT DJI. If you buy from them you don't have the benefit of DJI SELECT . I don't say it's necessarily bad idea to buy from a reseller, especially if it's located closer to you but please don't state that this page is literally DJI when it's not.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_ss0ITomdXLii
New

India

I was thinking about ordering from DJIstoreoffical on eBay , is it safe and assured? Also can I get it delivered to India without having to worry about customs and stuff ? And what do I do if it gets seized in the custom will I get refund or will I loose all my money ?
2020-6-11
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes eBay is one of our official online store. You can check it here for more information. Thank you.

Is there any chance of DJI adding Paybright as a payment option?
That would be beyond awesome
2021-3-12
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-9-29 19:24
That's actually a good point.  They claim to be an authorized DJI reseller but why put up an eBay store with one name and get a receipt with another?  I almost cancelled the order.

I agree it does seem a bit odd
2021-3-13
Use props
fans147bbaa1
lvl.1

United States

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 2021-3-12 13:07
Is there any chance of DJI adding Paybright as a payment option?
That would be beyond awesome

Then why do all of their eBay listings for refurbs say : Refurbished by EBay?
I thought DJI did their own refurbs of returned units.
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules