2979 8 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Hi,

I flew this morning and prior to flying formatted my sd card (using Sandisk Extreme U3) and settings checked to save to sd card. Created a 3.5 min video, stopped the video, flew until low battery warning and landed.  plugged my air to my pc and says to format the card...was surprised.  so had to connect my phone and saw the cached video and transferred it to pc and was fine.  Can somebody kindly enlighten me why the video is not saved on the video card?  Is there any setting that I missed?

Thank you for your assistance.
2018-9-29
Use props
Jerry Seon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326457 ft

Maldives

Facorty reset the drone and try a new SD card
2018-9-29
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It may have actually recorded on the internal memory of the Air, rather than the SD card.  This is a setting in camera settings.
Connect the Air itself via USB and see if it's stored there.

Cheers
Ian

https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Do you have another SD card to try and see if it will be the same? Please double check also that under the settings of DJI Go 4 app, in camera settings, the files are saving in the SD card.
2018-9-30
Use props
Jay Compton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

I think you have to set up the path for the card?
2018-9-30
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

Changed sd card to a samsung EVO U3 64GB.  formatted SD card using DJI app.  took some videos.  Landed and everything still on an connected.  Clicked on the right bottom arrow and came up my videos.  it was set to sd card and when I clicked on sd card it showed cached or original.  click on original and played the video, no problem.  turned everything off.  connected my air to my pc and used a USB-C cable to connect to the back.  I showed 2 drives and complained that it needs to be formatted.  I guess this would be the internal storage since never used that.  clicked on the other drive icon and brought up DCIM and 2 other folders.  clicked on DCIM and it was empty.  So once again, I had to download from the phone cached video of my video recordings.  

Please advise and thank you.
2018-10-5
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

Hi to all,

I don't know if this has happened to anyone regarding the video on the SD card.  I tried using the video button on the RC and by magic, when I connected my Air to the PC, there it was all the video appeared which to me is normal.  However, in this initial post, I never used the video button, but rather on the video on the Note 4 and no files to be found and says to format the card.  Does it really matter where you push the video record - RC or phone?  
2018-10-10
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

georgieB Posted at 2018-10-10 23:53
Hi to all,

I don't know if this has happened to anyone regarding the video on the SD card.  I tried using the video button on the RC and by magic, when I connected my Air to the PC, there it was all the video appeared which to me is normal.  However, in this initial post, I never used the video button, but rather on the video on the Note 4 and no files to be found and says to format the card.  Does it really matter where you push the video record - RC or phone?

If you haven't already, rather than connecting the MA to your PC, pull the SD card out and connect straight to your PC and check if video files are there.
2018-10-11
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

I tried usinga 2 usb adapters when I had first encountered the problem and same message as when my air was plugged to the PC.  my only option then, was to get the cached videos from the phone.  Thanks for the info though.
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules