Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Original Ronin...
2771 28 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello!

With all the recent releases of the newer Ronins, is the original Ronin out of commission in terms of servicing and parts?

I'm still using the tried and true Ronin but am hoping that I can still get the things I need to keep it running!

Does anyone have any intel?

Best,
Gavin
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Gavin, we still provide support to the previous product, may I know if there is any problem with your Ronin?
2018-9-29
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-29 20:20
Hi Gavin, we still provide support to the previous product, may I know if there is any problem with your Ronin?

Hi Mindy!

I think the Ronin is fine, but I wanted to make sure the firmware was up-to-date.

I have the Gimbal Assistant on my computer and on my iPhone, but I'm having trouble connecting the Ronin to the computer using the Gimbal Assistant - meaning, it doesn't connect.

The phone app connects to the gimbal so I can make adjustments, however, it doesn't allow for any firmware updates or anything.

Please advise!

Best,
Gavin
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Morrisson Posted at 2018-9-30 07:29
Hi Mindy!

I think the Ronin is fine, but I wanted to make sure the firmware was up-to-date.

Hi Gavin, may I know which step are you stuck with when connected the Ronin with the PC? More details are appreciated.
2018-9-30
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-30 18:08
Hi Gavin, may I know which step are you stuck with when connected the Ronin with the PC? More details are appreciated.

Hi Susan,

I can't get any step to connect. I plugged in a cable and I got a warning message saying there's nothing for the laptop to install. Meaning, it seems like it's not recognizing the Ronin at all. I've plugged it directly in to no result. I've tried connecting via bluetooth and can't.

That being said, I'm just going off of how I would handle the drones I've worked with. Is there an exact procedure I should be following? Maybe I need to put the Ronin in to firmware update mode or something?

Best,
Gavin
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Morrisson Posted at 2018-9-30 18:59
Hi Susan,

I can't get any step to connect. I plugged in a cable and I got a warning message saying there's nothing for the laptop to install. Meaning, it seems like it's not recognizing the Ronin at all. I've plugged it directly in to no result. I've tried connecting via bluetooth and can't.

Thanks for getting back to us. What's the current OS of your PC? You may try to reinstall the PC Assistant to see whether it helps: https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads Alternatively, you may change to another PC or working cable to verify.
2018-10-1
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-1 00:35
Thanks for getting back to us. What's the current OS of your PC? You may try to reinstall the PC Assistant to see whether it helps: https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads Alternatively, you may change to another PC or working cable to verify.

Hi Susan,

I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-1 10:18
Hi Susan,

I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Hi Gavi, the DJI Ronin Assistant APP and the PC/MAC Assistant program cannot be launched  and connect at the same time, if running the PC/MAC Assistant, please make sure you have disconnected the Ronin and the APP, may I know if you also install the DJI WIN Driver Installer in your PC?
2018-10-2
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-2 02:07
Hi Gavi, the DJI Ronin Assistant APP and the PC/MAC Assistant program cannot be launched  and connect at the same time, if running the PC/MAC Assistant, please make sure you have disconnected the Ronin and the APP, may I know if you also install the DJI WIN Driver Installer in your PC?

Hi Minday,

I did not have the app open and the PC Assistant program open at the same time. I do not have the DJI Win Installer on this computer. Should I? If so, is there a particular link to the installer that works with the original Ronin?

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-2 06:46
Hi Minday,

I did not have the app open and the PC Assistant program open at the same time. I do not have the DJI Win Installer on this computer. Should I? If so, is there a particular link to the installer that works with the original Ronin?

Gavin, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National holiday, for the Windows PC, the DJI WIN Driver Installer (https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads) will also need to be installed, please check the screenshot below, thank you. GTScreenshot_20181006_112931.png
2018-10-5
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-5 19:31
Gavin, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National holiday, for the Windows PC, the DJI WIN Driver Installer (https://www.dji.com/ronin/info#downloads) will also need to be installed, please check the screenshot below, thank you.[view_image]

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for this! I do have the assistant installed on my computer.

Do you know why I am not able to download the firmware (IMU or GCU) from the page?

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-6 15:55
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for this! I do have the assistant installed on my computer.

Hi Gavin, the download link of Ronin Firmware IMU and Ronin Firmware GCU have been canceled, they are not valid anymore, do you have any problem with the IMU and GCU?
2018-10-6
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-6 18:55
Hi Gavin, the download link of Ronin Firmware IMU and Ronin Firmware GCU have been canceled, they are not valid anymore, do you have any problem with the IMU and GCU?

Hi Mindy,

Yes! That's what I was wondering about on the Firmware downloads.

My Ronin is not booting with a straight horizon 100% of the time. I can usually straight it out using the trim feature in the app, but it then doesn't always hold the horizon with my corrections.

I was reading someone's review where they stated that a specific firmware handled this issue.

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-7 15:22
Hi Mindy,

Yes! That's what I was wondering about on the Firmware downloads.

Can you connect to PC Assistant program now and are you running the latest firmware? May we have a short video of the issue for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-10-7
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-7 23:40
Can you connect to PC Assistant program now and are you running the latest firmware? May we have a short video of the issue for further support? Thank you in advance.

Hi Mindy,

Sorry for the major delay! I had a few shoot deadlines.

I am NOT able to connect the Ronin to my PC. I currently have it connected via cable but the computer does not recognize the Ronin. Is there a way to turn on linking mode?

I am able to connect the Ronin to the bluetooth app. The app says "GCU Firmware 1.0 and System Firmware 3.0" Are those up to date?

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-19
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Also, I now have two batteries - one works with the Ronin and one does not seem to work. I just bought one from B&H with these settings - 4350mAh 66Wh 15.2V. It does not seem to work. The app said "Not a DJI intelligent battery" and the Ronin does not work. The other battery I have is a - 3400 mAh, 50.32Wh, 14.8V. It DOES work with the Ronin. Can you please advise me of what to do or what the problem is?

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-19 13:33
Hi Mindy,

Sorry for the major delay! I had a few shoot deadlines.

Gavin, you may check the latest version here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
For the connecting issue, it will be better to upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks!

As for the battery issue, please kindly provide us with the error message, battery SN and purchase invoice, we'd like to check.
2018-10-20
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-20 00:09
Gavin, you may check the latest version here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ronin/20170712/Ronin+Release_Notes_en.pdf
For the connecting issue, it will be better to upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks!

Hi Susan,

I will try to do a video on the connection.

The serial number for the battery: 08NAF1C03100V9
The invoice number is: 147926722 from B&H Photo Video
The error message is: Please use DJI Smart Battery.

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-20 14:27
Hi Susan,

I will try to do a video on the connection.

Received with thanks! Please kindly refer to the below for troubleshooting:
1. Make sure the contacts are clean, check if the gimbal and battery are connected well.
2. Make sure the battery has been mounted tightly and the knob is locked.
3. Upgrade the firmware of both GCU and IMU to the latest.
If the issue remains, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the battery in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.
2018-10-21
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Susan! Here is a screen shot of my ronin from the app. Is it in need of an upgrade?
2CBA52B4-E9AF-492C-9F3C-6ACB1E1B112F.png
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-22 07:44
Hi Susan! Here is a screen shot of my ronin from the app. Is it in need of an upgrade?

Your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for further verification, we will keep you updated soon, thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Morrisson, thanks for your patience, 3.0 is the latest version, for the failure to connect Ronin Assistant Software, we will need the screenshot of your Ronin Assistant Software and the Device Manager on PC, thank you.
1. Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable;
2. Select the Start button on PC, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;
3. Expand one of the categories to find the name of Unknown device.
2018-10-26
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ronin 1.png Ronin 2.png Hi Mindy, I've attached the Ronin to the computer and these are the two errors I've gotten so far.

Best,
Gavin
Ronin 1.png
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-28 12:02
[view_image][view_image]Hi Mindy, I've attached the Ronin to the computer and these are the two errors I've gotten so far.

Best,

Thanks for the screenshot, it looks the PC Assistant was not installed properly, please delete it completely and install again or try another computer.
2018-10-29
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-29 19:50
Thanks for the screenshot, it looks the PC Assistant was not installed properly, please delete it completely and install again or try another computer.

Hi Mindy,

I just  uninstalled and tried to reinstall but failed. It's possible that this error occurred the last time I tried installing and I just do not remember. Can you please help me figure out what the error message means in the last screen shot?

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-30
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OMG!!!!!! Mindy, I figured it out!!!!!!

I now have CONNECTION!!!!!!!

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-30 08:45
OMG!!!!!! Mindy, I figured it out!!!!!!

I now have CONNECTION!!!!!!!

So glad to hear that, please update to the latest firmware and let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-10-30
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-30 18:56
So glad to hear that, please update to the latest firmware and let us know if there is any further issue.

Hi Mindy!

Yes, I was able to update everything with no issues.

Wow. Thank you for persisting!

Best,
Gavin
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Morrisson Posted at 2018-10-30 19:11
Hi Mindy!

Yes, I was able to update everything with no issues.

You are welcome, it is our pleasure to help you, please keep us any time if you need other assistance. We are always here to help.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules