Video editing software questions
1462 8 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft

I bought Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 last year for use with my Mavic Pro.  I've been slowly learning how to use it.  I chose Elements over Pro because I hate the subscription model of purchasing software.  I want to buy it and be done with it!  Now that I have a Mavic 2 Pro, I tried editing some H 265 footage that I'd taken.  I couldn't understand why it wouldn't allow me to open the files.  After Googling it, I realized that Elements doesn't support H 265.  Is there a work around for this?  It appears that there may be, but I didn't quite follow how.  If someone could explain it to me in simple terms, I'd appreciate it!

Also, I am not against buying another video editing software, but I'd prefer one that I can pay for once and not monthly.  Can anyone recommend a fairly user friendly program that supports H 265?  It's a shame to have a drone that can shoot in 10 bit and not be able to edit it.  I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop it has a7th Gen Intel Core i7, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, that was able to keep up with H 264. very well after installing a TB of additional memory.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

2018-9-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I use Cyberlink Power Director and find it very user friendly. It supports H.265. They offer a free test version which I would recommend you to play a bit with before purchase to find out if it suits you.
2018-9-30
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

"but I'd prefer one that I can pay for once and not monthly. "

Go for DaVinci Resolve Studio. One time fee. Works well with H.256
There is also a free version that you can try.
2018-9-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-30 00:13
I use Cyberlink Power Director and find it very user friendly. It supports H.265. They offer a free test version which I would recommend you to play a bit with before purchase to find out if it suits you.

Thank you.  I was reading reviews of several last night.  That one looked good,
2018-9-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Keule Posted at 2018-9-30 00:20
"but I'd prefer one that I can pay for once and not monthly. "

Go for DaVinci Resolve Studio. One time fee. Works well with H.256

Thank you, I'll check it out.
2018-9-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer

I also installed a free program called HandBrake.  It's supposed to convert H 265 to H264 for editing then switch back after.  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  It might be a little more labor intensive.
2018-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-30 05:32
I also installed a free program called HandBrake.  It's supposed to convert H 265 to H264 for editing then switch back after.  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  It might be a little more labor intensive.

Converting H.265 to H.264 is not a good solution I would say. While H.265 contains more image information, the files are more compact than with H.264.
2018-9-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I use both Davinci Resolve 16 and Cyberlink Power Director.
Both are excellent and worth the money.

I also use HandBrake, but when I tried to compress a video file from CyberLink it actually made the file bigger in some cases. Had to do with the Codec.
It was  recommended to me to use Xmedia Recode (free) and it does an excellent job compressing a file.  Compared to the original video there seem no difference in quality..
Both are easy to use.
2018-9-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-30 08:58
I use both Davinci Resolve 16 and Cyberlink Power Director.
Both are excellent and worth the money.

I ended up getting Cyberlink Director 16.  Thanks for the suggestions!
2018-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules