Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Time and Time Again
359 17 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todamgood4U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134209 ft

Hello,

So I'm new to flying.  Picked up my first drone a couple weeks ago and so far really enjoying it.  This is the second video I've created and the first time using Davinci to edit.  I have no idea what I'm doing but I think it turned out ok.

You may be wondering why this choice in music.  Well, the song is Papa Roach: Time and Time Again which they happened to create the music video for the song starting in Sacramento and ending on this bridge.  So I thought it was rather fitting.

You can see it here:

2018-9-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 12083287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work - enjoy the new drone   
2018-9-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4006470 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work, congrats on the new bird.
2018-9-30
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

nice vid, take care flying.
2018-9-30
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

That was a good video for an early effort. Thanks for sharing.

Sidd
2018-9-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 34614662 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-30
Use props
Carmenvail
First Officer
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Super cool video for your first couple of attempts. Love the fact that you had the nuts to fly under the bridge, but, please be careful with your new aircraft. Its like riding a motorcycle its not if you will go down its when, unfortunately.

So at some point you will crash it but try to do it where you can recover it so you can return it for the DJI care, ( provided you have that). Im on my 3rd spark each time it crashes its a learning experience.

With that said in the beginning I practiced close proximity flying near and around objects. trees, light poles, water, towers, etc. but not over water until i had the skills, confidence, and ability.  I fly over water much more now because i feel good about it and i became a good pilot but anything can happen.
2018-9-30
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.4

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-9-30 16:25
Super cool video for your first couple of attempts. Love the fact that you had the nuts to fly under the bridge, but, please be careful with your new aircraft. Its like riding a motorcycle its not if you will go down its when, unfortunately.

So at some point you will crash it but try to do it where you can recover it so you can return it for the DJI care, ( provided you have that). Im on my 3rd spark each time it crashes its a learning experience.

Thank you and ya, I totally get what you're saying.  There was a point when filming the cliff jumpers under that bridge I had an updraft where it rose up about 10' that I wasn't expecting.  That was scary but you can only keep the training wheels on for so long.    I don't know if I will be flying over water again any time soon but I was in the area and thought I would take it out.  However, this is my 2nd time flying over water lol.  The other video I made, which I can post I suppose, was a hike I went on and did do a short flight over a lake.  It was too pretty not to.

I do take every precaution though and have spent the last couple weeks flying it around a big open field.  I have also spent a couple weeks prior to purchase watching videos on the do's and don'ts.  I'm sure I'll crash and I do have the DJI Refresh for when it happens.

That's a great idea to fly around objects though!!  I'll have to add that in to my practice flights.
2018-9-30
Use props
Bender1031
Second Officer
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

I know where that is!!  That's where I live!  Do you live in Folsom too?  I love flying in that spot

I've been to many Papa Roach concerts back in the day in Vacaville!  Haha - good times!
2018-9-30
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.4

Bender1031 Posted at 2018-9-30 18:41
I know where that is!!  That's where I live!  Do you live in Folsom too?  I love flying in that spot [view_image]

I've been to many Papa Roach concerts back in the day in Vacaville!  Haha - good times!

Ha, that is awesome!!  Ya, I live in El Dorado Hills.  
2018-9-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 12083287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bender1031 Posted at 2018-9-30 18:41
I know where that is!!  That's where I live!  Do you live in Folsom too?  I love flying in that spot [view_image]

Cool shot      
2018-9-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 4017717 ft
Thailand

Nice one! No trouble flying between and under this steal and concrete bridges?
2018-9-30
Use props
Northwood
First Officer
Flight distance : 427717 ft
Canada

Nicely done.
2018-10-1
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 584944 ft
United States

Nice.

I'm not the only one who associated bridges with time.
2018-10-1
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.4

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-9-30 23:36
Nice one! No trouble flying between and under this steal and concrete bridges?

Thank you.  No, not really.  I flew all around the metal bridge doing a lot of over under stuff with no issues.  The concrete one was fine too but I did get some crazy updrafts while hovering that made it move +/- a good 10' or so, which I wasn't expecting and did get scary at one point.  
2018-10-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 4017717 ft
Thailand

Be prepared that it can even end in "switch to atti" (compass irritated b/c steal / no GPS under the  concrete)
Or that the VPS is having trouble with the water surface (if not to high anyway)
And, of course, it is a funnel for wind, which can even irritate the barometer, methinks.
Have you watched the flightlog, to find out why the bird started "dancing"?

2018-10-1
Use props
bornstar1713
lvl.1

India

Super cool video
2018-10-1
Use props
todamgood4U
lvl.4

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-10-1 19:13
Be prepared that it can even end in "switch to atti" (compass irritated b/c steal / no GPS under the  concrete)
Or that the VPS is having trouble with the water durface (if not to high anyway)
And, of course, it is a funnel for wind, which can even irritate the barometer, methinks.

No I haven't watched any logs.  I wasn't too worried about it after the fact.  I am pretty sure it was the air moving through the bridge as it was a pretty good distance off the water and was moving up and down in a slow controlled type action.
2018-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules