Desperately Need ND16-64 filter for P3SE, but nobody sell it!
715 5 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azrul
lvl.1

(Before we start, for those who don't know, DJI Phantom 3 Standard and Phantom 3SE.... DOESN'T have a filter thread in fornt of their lenses, so in order to attach any filters, you need a push in filters or an adapter that can provide a thread.)

I'm using Phantom 3 SE for professional tv shooting. I need to have those 'low' shutter speed so I need ND filter to block some light. Bought ND filter sets from China(Neewer brand) but the set only come with a 37mm adapter(as Phantom 3 SE doesn't have those filter thread, as mentioned above) and a sets of ND2, 4 and 8. This isn't enought for me, I need ND16, 32 and 64 to block more light. (bought the set simply for the adapter, I know ND 2,4 and 8 will not fit my need)

So I bought variable ND2-400 with diameter of 37mm (advertised as phone camera filter!) to match the 37mm adapter that i have bought(mentioned above). But it is too heavy! The gimbal can't calibrate, it keeps facing down.

• So i need a proper LIGHTWEIGHT ND 16,32 and 64 that fits my 37mm filter adapter, or any push in filter readily made for Phantom 3 SE or Standard.

• I saw an advertisement of ND filters for DJI Osmo+ camera. Did DJI Osmo+ have filter thread of 37mm?

For such a capable machine, it is frustrating we don't have enought product in the market for the filters

2018-9-30
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the ones for the Pro/Adv are bigger, but maybe could fit over the P3 camera and held in place somehow?
2018-9-30
Use props
Azrul
lvl.1

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-9-30 04:09
I think the ones for the Pro/Adv are bigger, but maybe could fit over the P3 camera and held in place somehow?

Thanks for commenting. I forgot to mention, I've mistakenly bought Pro/Adv filters too. It cannot fit because the back of the filter is smaller than the front of P3SE lenses, it become smaller because they 'grind' it to make a male thread. So there's no way I can push Pro/Adv filter even if using some sort of DIY to held it in place because it is smaller in the first place.
2018-9-30
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Azrul Posted at 2018-9-30 08:18
Thanks for commenting. I forgot to mention, I've mistakenly bought Pro/Adv filters too. It cannot fit because the back of the filter is smaller than the front of P3SE lenses, it become smaller because they 'grind' it to make a male thread. So there's no way I can push Pro/Adv filter even if using some sort of DIY to held it in place because it is smaller in the first place.

Kinda figured that.  Is this something you might be able to do with the picture in post production?
2018-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Screenshot_20181001-151230.png

Found these on wish.com
2018-9-30
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft

you need is those slot in type...i got for my SE is ND16 ... around 10 USD ..  there are a lot in the Chinese land...
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules