[SOLVED] [DIY] Sony NEX-6 (+other light cameras like NEX-7, a6000)
3455 11 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Turkey

Hi!

Sony NEX-6 is not in the compartibility list but it still can be mounted on DJI Ronin S and well-balanced, see the video how. I believe, same trick would help Sony NEX-7 and a6000 owners too -- camera bodies are so lightweight and lens mount shifted to the left, the counterweight on the arm is needed to be well-balanced.

Question to Sony a6000 owners: were you able to balance your camera so that balance test shows good-to-excellent results and arms not hitting each others?

Wishlist for DJI staff: It would be nice to have clip-on counterweight sets for those with ligher camera setups (like my monkey wrench but proper ones), the top couterweight bracket would be highly welcomed as well...

2018-9-30
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Poland

Here is a test of Ronin S with Samsung EX2F compact camera -- it works well. Additional step that may be required is to tune Stiffness and Strength settings from Configuration / Motor Parameter options of Ronin application to avoid gimbal/camera vibration which happens on gimbal self-calibration when it is powered-on.

2018-10-10
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

hi! good videos, thanks!

Can you please use the "samsung ex2f" to take some video footage with the ronin- and then upload "that" footage?
I.e., move left, right, up/down, etc - because I want to see how good the 'quality' is with a lightweight camera.

Thanks!
2018-10-27
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Poland

djiguy001 Posted at 10-27 16:16
hi! good videos, thanks!

Can you please use the "samsung ex2f" to take some video footage with the ronin- and then upload "that" footage?

Sure, here we are!

Please pay your attention that EX2F has quite limited video features like low profile codec and no video stabilizer...

2018-11-19
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

hi, okay, thanks, that's great!
2018-11-19
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

one last thing (if you don't mind) - if you could just take a 'steady' picture (i.e., no walking, etc) - but just of a regular scene (say a house) for 30 seconds - I just want to see if there is any 'jitter' (I don't think there would be - but couldn't quite tell from your video because you were walking/the boucne in your step/etc)... but thank-you!
2018-11-19
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Poland

djiguy001 Posted at 11-19 12:09
one last thing (if you don't mind) - if you could just take a 'steady' picture (i.e., no walking, etc) - but just of a regular scene (say a house) for 30 seconds - I just want to see if there is any 'jitter' (I don't think there would be - but couldn't quite tell from your video because you were walking/the boucne in your step/etc)... but thank-you!

It is steady. Whole thing is rock solid and motors keep the payload tight. You can play with settings to configure it's up to your preference -- there was a jitter with autofocus lenses but I've tweaked motor settings and its absolutely stable now
2018-11-19
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Aleksey F Posted at 11-19 13:38
It is steady. Whole thing is rock solid and motors keep the payload tight. You can play with settings to configure it's up to your preference -- there was a jitter with autofocus lenses but I've tweaked motor settings and its absolutely stable now

Okay, thanks. If you don't mind - could you just take a 30 second video of your dog (or whatever), just not moving, so I can see the output? (Because it will really help), thanks!
2018-11-19
Use props
thevisualg
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have successfully stabilized and mounted the a6000 on the Ronin-S. My configuration:
  Sony a6000
  Sony 35mm f/1.8   (SEL35F18)
  SmallRig cage for a6000
  Lens hood
  Lens support
  MCC-Multi Cable
2018-11-20
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Poland

thevisualg Posted at 11-20 03:10
I have successfully stabilized and mounted the a6000 on the Ronin-S. My configuration:
  Sony a6000
  Sony 35mm f/1.8   (SEL35F18)

BTW, I have to admit that counterweight from my original message doesn't work well at the end -- still there are dead angles where in spite of having physical space to rotate further, gimbal logic simply stops motors moving forward.

Anyways, thank you for sharing!

I'm upgrading my camera to Sony a7iii this holiday season so will see a difference in experience of handling it with Ronin S
2018-11-20
Use props
Aleksey F
lvl.2

Poland

djiguy001 Posted at 11-19 14:37
Okay, thanks. If you don't mind - could you just take a 30 second video of your dog (or whatever), just not moving, so I can see the output? (Because it will really help), thanks!

You welcome

Hey @DJI staff, should this guy buy Ronin S at the end, you owe me a fortune!
2018-11-20
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Okay, thanks! That's great, exactly what I needed to see!

So yes, I guess I can get it
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules