FAA new rules video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

This guy made a video on upcoming FAA rules and he seems pretty knowlegable.  At about point 6:29 he states the FAA will tell drone manufacturers what they MUST put on their drones to be in compliance with FAA regulations.  Ok what so what are they going to require?  Tracking devices perhaps? How much more expensive is it going to make drones.  They are already expensive as it is.  I don't know but I'm not liking this at all.

2018-9-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, the drone regs are starting to get a little serious now on both sides of the pond!
2018-9-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This was posted yesterday but I think it deserves its own thread.  

The thing that concerns me as mentioned in the vid is that the language of the bill seems to say that a LEO can confiscate anybody's drone at any time for any reason he deems is relevant to safety / security / etc.  And as mentioned in the OP, it seems that this is a violation of our 4th Amendment rights.  

Imagine you're driving along in your vehicle and a cop sees you and thinks you may have been speeding.  He doesn't know for sure you were speeding, he has no evidence you were speeding, it's just his opinion.  So he pulls you over and confiscates your car.  
2018-9-30
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-30 06:35
This was posted yesterday but I think it deserves its own thread.  

The thing that concerns me as mentioned in the vid is that the language of the bill seems to say that a LEO can confiscate anybody's drone at any time for any reason he deems is relevant to safety / security / etc.  And as mentioned in the OP, it seems that this is a violation of our 4th Amendment rights.  

I agree.  I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV but I think confiscation of person property just because a law enforcement personel opinion that it might be some kind of danger is a violation our right to due process.  
2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why do you continue to post this constant harangue of negative news?

Seems like your mind is set on doom and gloom...

You are in the wrong hobby, for yourself.  Find something that gives you happiness.

Obviously drones and RC hobbies were never meant for people like you, nay sayers, that bring datknesss into the light.

That’s my opinion, of these negatory posts, that you, continue to share. Hahaha

The Nun that cared. Hahaha
C10399E6-B319-4450-86B4-33D7F3730934.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-30 08:32
Why do you continue to post this constant harangue of negative news?

Seems like your mind is set on doom and gloom...

Well I guess I post because its a free country last I checked and as far as I know I'm not violating any forum rules.  Why are you so grumpy?  
2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-30 08:48
Well I guess I post because its a free country last I checked and as far as I know I'm not violating any forum rules.  Why are you so grumpy?

No disrespect to you, at all. But, Here’s why. We are attempting to, be proactive, to Promote drone use.
For positive reinforcement of the public at large too, not just us.

I ask you, to share your positive input, to brighten our hobby.
4AB8433D-80CF-4357-BC25-0FF78BCFD9F5.jpeg

What else, are we here for?

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

With the onerous notification requirements just to fly a toy RC recreationally, and this example below is over a rural area that is mostly farmland and residential, there won't be much left of the drone hobby except scofflaws. Who wants to make ten telephone calls before flying their toy in their back yard? How many would bother with compliance? The circles are so large that multiple airports overlap eachother. I can't imagine what living near a major city must be like!

2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Join an rc flying club, where these rules are mostly thrown out the window...

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-30 09:33
Join an rc flying club, where these rules are mostly thrown out the window...

You're always so naughty towards me.  
2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Christine96 Posted at 2018-9-30 11:25
You're always so naughty towards me.

Honestly I’m only down on negative posting.  

276D7921-0F76-48B1-B3E5-4606A69271DA.jpeg Please think positively, always.

Nothing to do with you personally. Have a nice day. ;-)

CD9FAB5E-90A0-4EE4-871B-91C767709998.jpeg
We could continue to go around on this topic, but
I prefer to look ahead, to brighter days, and nights. Ha

86AE3FCF-9F4D-4B3D-84DA-A01A91858A18.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, someday in the future, we'll have to have a Philadelphia lawyer with us when flying,  pushing a wheelbarrow load of paperwork.  Sounds like fun.
2018-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-30 13:24
So, someday in the future, we'll have to have a Philadelphia lawyer with us when flying,  pushing a wheelbarrow load of paperwork.  Sounds like fun.

Briefcase full, of loose currency... and plenty of suckers for the children.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules