424 4 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
United Kingdom

hi all

can somene help with focus issues on the mavic 2 zoom. I was out today filming a skeboarder using active track and it was perfect - pin sharp.
An hour later I filmed a car using active track. In my phone screen it looked fine - auto focus was on. However when I got it back and looked at the footage on the card... its all out of focus. The lens seems to have focussed on something really close

Can anyone think what I might have been doing wrong ? do i need to manually focus on the target before I go into active track mode ? i totally forgot to do this today and have about 20 mins of unuseable footage

Ideas ?

Q
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Quentyn. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you had some issues recently with the ActiveTrack feature of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. For optical performance, it is recommended to select a subject that is automatically recognized by the aircraft. To do so, select a subject that has been recognized onscreen and tap to confirm your selection. If the desired subject has not been recognized by the aircraft, drag a selection around it onscreen and tap to select it manually. When the subject is selected manually, however, the ability of the aircraft to track the subject may be affected. If the box turns red, the object cannot be identified and needs to be selected again. If the aircraft loses track on the subject because it is moving too fast of is obscured, re-select the subject to resume tracking. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens, we're here to help. Thank you.
2018-10-1
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-1 03:52
Hi Quentyn. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you had some issues recently with the ActiveTrack feature of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. For optical performance, it is recommended to select a subject that is automatically recognized by the aircraft. To do so, select a subject that has been recognized onscreen and tap to confirm your selection. If the desired subject has not been recognized by the aircraft, drag a selection around it onscreen and tap to select it manually. When the subject is selected manually, however, the ability of the aircraft to track the subject may be affected. If the box turns red, the object cannot be identified and needs to be selected again. If the aircraft loses track on the subject because it is moving too fast of is obscured, re-select the subject to resume tracking. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens, we're here to help. Thank you.

hi thanks for that the drone recognized the car and tracked it perfectly. The issue is that it didnt focus on the car... any tips for how my camera should be set up so it focuses on the object its tracking ? by focus i dont mean regognition i mean optical focus - no issues with locking on - i am having issues with auto focus
Q
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Quentyn Posted at 2018-10-1 13:26
hi thanks for that the drone recognized the car and tracked it perfectly. The issue is that it didnt focus on the car... any tips for how my camera should be set up so it focuses on the object its tracking ? by focus i dont mean regognition i mean optical focus - no issues with locking on - i am having issues with auto focus
Q

Hi Quentyn, does your aircraft has ND filters?
2018-10-4
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-4 03:04
Hi Quentyn, does your aircraft has ND filters?

HI not when I shot that footage ( they havent arrived yet)  so the mavic is stock

i have reset the camera settings and will try again. Strangely when I do a quick shot all was in focus but the AF doesnt seem to be working on things that are being active tracked unless i manually focus on them before i set up the active track lock on. In all cases active track recognized the car with a green dot so i didnt have to draw a box around it.

Surely it would make more sense in AF mode to focus on the thing being active tracked ? is there anything else I should check ?
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules