846 3 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the newb question. I am considering getting a S900 since it has a ground staion option and it is overall more of a "pro" setup.
I am interested in photogrammetry and mapping. I own an inspire but as I mentioned that lack for ground station is a bit of a pain as well as other limitations and lack of raplacement parts.

I have some specific questions:

1- I understand that the Gimble will allow me to trigger the shutter on the camera I put on-board to take pictures, and I also understand that I can use lightbridge to get the cameras feed back to a tablet on the ground etc. However, am I somehow able to control the camera expsure settings and shooting mode from the ground?  I find myself adjusting my cameras exposure (Inspire 1) after take off most of the time.

2-Can photos be geo-tagged like the ones taken by out cell phones and other DJI "consumer" products?

3-Unlike the inpire 1, are replacement parts readily available for this platform in case of a mishap?

Thank you very much.
2015-5-31
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am more then happy to read about it if someone can please point me in the right direction.
2015-6-1
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-6-2 04:45
I am more then happy to read about it if someone can please point me in the right direction.

I dont know of anyway you can change exposure rate or "mode" from the air....I'm assuming mode means I/A or MOV or P etc. But I run panasonic GH3 and 4 so cant really speak to the others...maybe someone else has done this....guys??
2015-6-4
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So if you get up in the air and things do not look right, you have to come back down, adjust and go up?
Id like to know since with my current craft I am able to change modes and shutter speed and aperture on the fly from the DJI app. I have an Inspire.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules