Controller is flashing red light and beeping none stop
22902 15 2018-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joachimb
lvl.3

Australia

Hi,

Have not used the drone for a while. Have been playing with the mavic instead.

I tried to update the both aircraft and controller. I now have the aitcraft on 02.00.0700 and the controller on 1.9.2.0 (not 1.9.3.0, which is the latest).

The aircraft and controller connect, I can see streaming video, and it does not suggest ant further updates.

But the Controller is continually beeping with the a flashing red light?  I do remember a message about "incompatible hardware" the first time I tried to update, I clicked ok it the update still went through.
I refreshed the aircraft with DJI Assistant, and reset the aircraft.

The remote will beep and flash red light even if it is turned on by itself. I am using an Ipad Mini4 for it.

Anybody have any ideas what I wrecked?? Many Thanks
2018-9-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hello joachimb !!  which model ?
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience you're having right now. May I know what specific model of drone do you have?
2018-10-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Try calibrating the RC that may work. As far as I remember RC V1.9.2 should work with 02.00.0700, the V1.9.3 release just added support for Goggles on the P4 if you had them.
2018-10-1
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I also find giving the sticks a good waggle and restarting the controller a time or two works for me.
2018-10-1
Use props
joachimb
lvl.3

Australia

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-10-1 00:59
hello joachimb !!  which model ?

Thanks Nebuchadnezzar and DJI Wanda,

It's a Phantom 4, the one that was released to replace the P3, quite old but has not had much use. Zero mishaps. The weird thing is that the Remote will do the loud beeping and red light flashing by itself without the aircraft powered up. The RC Model No is GL300C.

Thanks embayweather, weird, but that worked! Would have never thought of doing that.

I do not see any RC update for the controller - I am still on 1.9.2, on the screen of DJI Go 4 it checks firmware but does not find the newest version. In the "about" menu it does not find 1.9.3 either.

I do have the HDMI module installed and it was working with earlier googles (never tried the DJI Googles which I have) - could that be what is stopping further updates?
2018-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Glad you got it worked out.

Have fun. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

joachimb Posted at 2018-10-1 12:50

It's a Phantom 4, the one that was released to replace the P3, quite old but has not had much use. Zero mishaps. The weird thing is that the Remote will do the loud beeping and red light flashing by itself without the aircraft powered up. The RC Model No is GL300C.

If you want to update the P4 RC then follow these instructions :-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 (V4.2.6 and above) and tap 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show a red triangle if update of RC to V1.9.3 is available (this may take a minute or two to appear). When it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. This is all done via wifi to the display device running DJI Go 4, this pdates RC without any additional equipment or App's.
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

It's a Phantom 4, the one that was released to replace the P3, quite old but has not had much use. Zero mishaps. The weird thing is that the Remote will do the loud beeping and red light flashing by itself without the aircraft powered up. The RC Model No is GL300C.

I see. We highly suggest calibrating the remote controller to make the beeping stop.
2018-10-2
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I discovered it when I had stored the controller when the sticks were not in the neutral position becasue I had put some larger ends on the sticks for comfort. Works every time for me.
2018-10-2
Use props
Brozzah
New
Australia

I am experiencing a  similar issue. I have a p3 advanced.  When I turn the controller on it just constantly beeps and flashes a red led with the battery status white leds.
From reading many posts it appears to be a calibration issue.

I am unable to calibrate via the app as the app does not connect with the controller. I have tried on a Samsung note 8, S7 and iPhone 8. Which rules out cables, and devices as they all use different types of cables.
Tried a "FORCE" connect by pressing C1,C2, REC and control scroll , this will change the led from red to blue, when the reset button is pressed on the drone, the remote just goes back to beeping.

I cannot start the drone/motors but have limited control of the gimbal,

Drone has not been crashed it has spent most of the time in its box
any advice would be great!  
2018-10-6
Use props
Brozzah
New
Australia

I am experiencing a  similar issue. I have a p3 advanced.  When I turn the controller on it just constantly beeps and flashes a red led with the battery status white leds.

I am unable to calibrate via the app as the app does not connect with the controller. I have tried on a Samsung note 8, S7 and iPhone 8. Which rules out cables, and devices as they all use different types of cables.
Tried a "FORCE" connect by pressing C1,C2, REC and control scroll , this will change the led from red to blue, when the reset button is pressed on the drone, the remote just goes back to beeping.

I cannot start the drone/motors but have limited control of the gimbal,

Drone has not been crashed it has spent most of the time in its box
any advice would be great!  
TIA
2018-10-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Calibrate the RC ( Transmitter )

Randy
2018-10-16
Use props
Weecked
lvl.1
Canada

Brozzah Posted at 2018-10-6 01:49
I am experiencing a  similar issue. I have a p3 advanced.  When I turn the controller on it just constantly beeps and flashes a red led with the battery status white leds.

Hi, did you find the answer ? I have the same problem..
2020-6-19
Use props
fansa8192b9a
New

Curaçao

Hi, I have the same issue with my P3A as Brozzah and Weecked. Understood that the controller needs to be calibrated. But the app do not allow this. What is the solution??? TIA
2020-12-23
Use props
RedRenan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2270246 ft
Bolivia

My P4P V2 controller Keeps beeping every time I turn it on, then I calibrate it and it flies erratically, turn it of and on again and it beeps again. I have already calibrated it 7 times in a row, gets better sometimes but the problem does not go away. Does anybody know how to fix it?
2022-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules