M2 Pro Filter Recommendations - Especially UK based.
1049 9 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro and a Fly More Kit here in the UK a couple weeks back before the price rises, and I planned to grab some filters once my initial order arrived.  Unfortunately the Fly More Kit still hasn't arrived and it seems to be out of stock pretty much everywhere over in the United Kingdom.  And UK stock of filters seems to be an issue over here too!?

Other than DJI's ND only 4 filter offering for £99 I'm struggling to find any other ND filters at all.  Polar Pro's stuff doesn't seem available until the end of October at the earliest and I'm going away in just a couple weeks - the reason I bought the Mavic 2 Pro.

I keep reading about Freewell, Polar Pro, Skyreat and other filters but they're either unavailable here in the UK or I'm not doing a very good job of finding them.  Can anyone recommend any decent filter sets (ND/Polarised) that are actually in stock and available to buy in the UK right now please?

I know it's a bit specific asking about UK stock on a Global forum but hey... He who dares, right!?  

2018-10-1
Use props
fanse79161fe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My polarpro ones are arriving today, I ordered from the USA last week. Same price as over here even when you add quick postage.
2018-10-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

SKYREAT and Freewell are good options too. Both have been making high quality filters for a few years now. You can find a list of filters currently available here.
2018-10-1
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent, thanks guys.  That's a useful accessories guide msinger, which I've bookmarked.  It seems that most those filters aren't available from UK suppliers and I'm not sure on the delivery times, but it's really helpful to know the Polar Pro filters from the states turned up in a week.  Cheers fanse79161fe.  Hopefully just enough time to get some myself.

I was looking at the Skyreat ones and have heard that there's an updated version on the horizon, but I doubt they'll be ready in time for my holiday next weekend.  Thanks again.  
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Glad that you were able to look for you to purchase the ND filters that you need on your Mavic 2 Pro. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-1
Use props
travelswithlewi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241109 ft
United Kingdom

I would certainly look at the PolarPro range of filters. I've just ordered the 6x ND/PL set for the Mavic 2 Pro, they were shipped the next morning and should arrive within the week (shipment from USA to London, England). Most UK based sites (if not all) I looked at only offered pre-orders, unless you went with DJI directly (the DJI 4x ND set)...
2018-10-2
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd hold off until the DJI ones become available
2018-10-2
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thanks for the advice and responses guys.  And that's a really helpful list El Diablo - appreciate it.     I may hold off for the time being, or risk trying to predict late October UK weather and lighting conditions and buy a couple cheap ND filters (8 and 16 I guess) off of the bay, then invest in some better filters in a couple months time when there's more to choose from that are in stock in ol' Blighty.  I feel buyers (particularly outside of the U.S.) are kinda between and rock and hard place at the moment when it comes to DJI's Mavic 2 Pro and its accessories.  What with the sudden price hikes, really poor stock volumes of accessories, and with such a poor supply of quality accessories to choose from - that are pretty much needed to get the most out of the camera drone - it just feels like DJI dropped the ball with this launch.
2018-10-3
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Skyreat filters came back into stock at Amazon.co.uk so, for speed of delivery (as I needed some quickly) I ordered the standard ND and the Polarized versions of these.  This was a mistake.  I'd read some owners aren't very happy with the way DJI have designed their clip on/off standard filters for the Hassleblad camera.  Well if that's the opinion of the standard DJI protective filter they're going to hate the Skyreat ones which almost made my heart stop when I tried to get them off the camera.

In my experience the DJI cover is super simple to install and remove whereas the Skyreat ones had a number of issues.  Most of them didn't want to push home easily, needing much fiddling to get them into position in order to push down, turn and engage.  Then when they were engaged some were loose and rattled.  Some of the filter cases were wider than the camera body so the gimbal protector wouldn't fit, whereas others were the same width as the camera body and allowed the gimbal cover to slip on fine.  But the filters that were the 'correct' width were almost impossible to remove from the camera.  There's no grooves and ridiculously little grip area on the filter.  I'm pretty strong, but they wouldn't disengage without me wearing a rubber glove (!) to help grip the filter and putting in a ludicrous amount of pressure (whilst equally carefully holding the camera gimble) which was actually quite frightening.  Stuff doing that every time I want to change filter or put the gimbal cover on!

Before I ordered the Skyreat filters for my upcoming trip I had already ordered a set of Freewell All Day 8 Pack of filters (ND and Polarized versions) direct from the official supplier in China.  But they wouldn't arrive on time and the Skyreat ones are definitely going back, so I kept looking and managed to find a set of DJI ND only filters from a UK supplier with quick delivery.  I'm just hoping they fit as well as the standard DJI lens cover does.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules