2621 35 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dor4x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2320256 ft
Israel

Hi
I have been flying my AIR in the past few months and never had any issue.
Today I fly for the first time after updating the frimeware ver 0.5000

I had 2 issues today.
After flying for 3 min in altitude of 50 meters, I suddelny saw my camera view go crazy, shaking and rotating by it self of few sec. The aircraft had a speed of 2-3 km/ hour thou al sticks were centered. This could be from a wind gust, but I never saw this before and I fly a lot in the same area near my house.
From then I did not have the same issue and I was flying in the same area.

The second thing was in my last fligh. I got this warning in my APP
"propeller guard or extra payload detected"

I am not flying with gurad and I don't have any extra payload.

This is the first time I have ever see this warning, and the fact I had just updated the firmware, makes it looks suspicion

2018-10-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Did you record video when the first issue happened that you could share? It also would be interesting to see the flight record (located in a DJI subfolder on your mobile device) of that flight if you don't mind: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-10-1
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

Hi
Yes. I have the video file. Uploading now to YouTube.
Look between 1:15 - 1:20. Then the aircraft drifts for about 10 more sec, sticks are centered

I use IPAD 4 mini. Where can I located the log?
2018-10-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-1 08:30
Hi
Look between 1:15 - 1:20. Then the aircraft drifts for about 10 more sec, sticks are centered

I can't tell you for iOS devices. There is an instruction on how to do it on the phantomhelp website.
2018-10-1
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

video is ready on youtube
2018-10-1
Use props
enriquefc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1019301 ft
Venezuela

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-1 08:34
video is ready on youtube

Gimbal reset mid-flight? Maybe that's what it is... I saw the video and it sure looks like it. I've had a few of them on my MPP, never on my MA... I will test the update today, but your video looks as if the gimbal reset and the exposure and camera settings did too.
2018-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-1 08:34
video is ready on youtube

i agree, gimbal reset or something like that mid flight, weird.  i would downgrade if i was you since you are having issues with 0.500 update.. im having issues as well but mine are more related to my remote.  i just downgraded and im going to take a test flight on my way home..
2018-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-1 08:30
Hi

I’m not 100% sure if there is a setting on your app when flying with prop guards, there is with Mavic Pro , I wonder would you have this switched on, you would need to check your app.
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would advise restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone to see if the issue will persist. You can check the link below for you to download the application on your computer.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-1 14:21
I’m not 100% sure if there is a setting on your app when flying with prop guards, there is with Mavic Pro , I wonder would you have this switched on, you would need to check your app.

mavic air doesn't have this option in the app, however it supposed to auto detect the guards are installed at take off after a few seconds of hovering..   

my guess is that .500 wasnt ready for prime time just yet, it almost is there, but the chinese holiday put them on a bit of a rush i think.    here is to hoping dji releases a .501 or something soon!
2018-10-1
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

I just read to a local forum some one else with a strange behavior, so I guess for now I'll roll back to 0.4000 and some more tests before I'll try again the 0.5000
I guess I need to roll back my controller too, isn't it? What version do I need to the controller?

DJI Tony, Am I the only one reporting this?

Thanks

2018-10-1
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

This message can appear when you take off from high place or hot temperature. The thin air makes motor work harder and system confused with additional loading on aircraft.
2018-10-1
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

GDL Posted at 2018-10-1 21:02
This message can appear when you take off from high place or hot temperature. The thin air makes motor work harder and system confused with additional loading on aircraft.

Thanks.
This is not the case for me.
I am less then 100 meters above see level. The temperature wasn't higher then I fly most of the times.
2018-10-1
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

enriquefc Posted at 2018-10-1 13:56
Gimbal reset mid-flight? Maybe that's what it is... I saw the video and it sure looks like it. I've had a few of them on my MPP, never on my MA... I will test the update today, but your video looks as if the gimbal reset and the exposure and camera settings did too.

Hi
The expose was me.. trying the new option after taking again control of the aircraft
2018-10-1
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I mentioned the gimbal of my Air also going down to the middle position, reset in other words, after updating the firmware. Did post the question on the forum, with my views on the update, but got no reply.
I at first thought it was the gimbal extend limit, that would not be extended in AEB or any of the non one shot modes.
Tested it out with the extend gimbal limit off, and the same thing happen.

Also got the "extra payload detected" message, but only once, and it did not influence the flight at all.
My gimbal did not jump around like yours, it went down, re centred, while taking photos, as well as video, continuously.

Would re calibrating the IMU etc, even have anything to do with the gimbal?
2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-2 00:24
I mentioned the gimbal of my Air also going down to the middle position, reset in other words, after updating the firmware. Did post the question on the forum, with my views on the update, but got no reply.
I at first thought it was the gimbal extend limit, that would not be extended in AEB or any of the non one shot modes.

Hi
If we both got the same problems (gimbal + overload message), and we both updated to the 0.5000, I can guess it is connected.

I have rolled back to 0.4000 and will go to do some tests flights.
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-2 00:24
I mentioned the gimbal of my Air also going down to the middle position, reset in other words, after updating the firmware. Did post the question on the forum, with my views on the update, but got no reply.
I at first thought it was the gimbal extend limit, that would not be extended in AEB or any of the non one shot modes.

hard to say is IMU re-cal would fix it..  considering seems like new issue since .500 update for the air more than an actual issue with calibration.  maybe roll back to .400 see if the errors fix themselves with that.  

i haven't suffered gimbal resets or prop guard errors but i am suffering from significant signal degradation so it appears .500 is not ready for prime time between these issues.
2018-10-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-2 01:44
hard to say is IMU re-cal would fix it..  considering seems like new issue since .500 update for the air more than an actual issue with calibration.  maybe roll back to .400 see if the errors fix themselves with that.  

i haven't suffered gimbal resets or prop guard errors but i am suffering from significant signal degradation so it appears .500 is not ready for prime time between these issues.

That would suck, if I need to roll back. I have much longer range, less disconnects and yaw movements, since I upgraded.
Before, I had RC disconnections on every second flight, sometimes at only around 100 meters.
I really had fun flying with the Air after the upgrade, BUT the video and photos gave problems because of the gimbal recentre continuously..

I was going to say, it is like drinking beer, if you do it for the taste, you have your favourite brand, or two, and normally stick with it. If you drink it for the buzz however, anything goes.............
At the moment we are doing the buzz thing........winging it, and waiting.
2018-10-2
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-2 02:12
That would suck, if I need to roll back. I have much longer range, less disconnects and yaw movements, since I upgraded.
Before, I had RC disconnections on every second flight, sometimes at only around 100 meters.
I really had fun flying with the Air after the upgrade, BUT the video and photos gave problems because of the gimbal recentre continuously..

I will continue to hold off updating until they get these issues fixed.
2018-10-2
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated the new firmware 0500 and 0200 RC. Fly further than before without issue or video lag. Last night distance Test from my home toward the C.C.
VideoCapture_20181002-114442.jpg
2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

I have just finished flying with 3 batteries after rolling back to 0.4000 and had no issues at all.
2018-10-2
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-2 08:17
I have just finished flying with 3 batteries after rolling back to 0.4000 and had no issues at all.

Did you roll back the RC firmware as well?
2018-10-2
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

I've flown 6 full batteries with .500 firmware and haven't experienced any issues with either the gimbal or the aircraft. I have also noticed a slight increase on max distance flying on a habitual path.
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

so i managed to roll back to .400 on aircraft and .100 on RC and all of my issues vanished. re upgraded and then did a consecutive refresh right after, appears my issues have mostly fixed themselves
2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-2 10:18
Did you roll back the RC firmware as well?

yes. I rolled back the RC too
2018-10-2
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft

Please forgive the newbie question, but is there a guide for rolling back firmware for the aircraft and/or the remote control?

Larry
2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-2 11:05
so i managed to roll back to .400 on aircraft and .100 on RC and all of my issues vanished. re upgraded and then did a consecutive refresh right after, appears my issues have mostly fixed themselves

Hi
If you can, please report back after few more flights.
Thanks!
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-2 11:38
Hi
If you can, please report back after few more flights.
Thanks!

sure thing, today we are getting sporadic rain showers.  so i difficult to gauge when its good time for some test runs and explorings.. but i like flying so it isn't an issue
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-10-2 11:38
Please forgive the newbie question, but is there a guide for rolling back firmware for the aircraft and/or the remote control?

Larry

you can use the dji go 4 app for that yes.

with everything connected, and app open.. the equipment screen where you can pick aircraft.. there's 3 bars at top right corner.. press and hold this for about 5 seconds it should come up with grey/black screen with option to downgrade/refresh..  

if you missed the aircraft option tap the DJI logo in live view on top left corner it should kick you back to the equiptment screen...
2018-10-2
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-2 11:45
you can use the dji go 4 app for that yes.

with everything connected, and app open.. the equipment screen where you can pick aircraft.. there's 3 bars at top right corner.. press and hold this for about 5 seconds it should come up with grey/black screen with option to downgrade/refresh..  

Thanks for the tip. I seem to have a more serious problem than I'd expected.

First, when I open the app, the blue Version Check area says "Version Check: Collecting firmware version info...." Beside "Version Check", there was one of those spinning cursors indicating that the app was doing something, but after it hung like that for a couple of minutes, I gave up and tried the five-second press you recommended. That resulted in the dark screen you mentioned. I've kept it on that screen for the past ten minutes or so, and here's what it still says:

Equipment: N/A
Firmware Version: N/A
Downgrade firmware to: (Loading)

Below that is a box in outline; there's a down-arrow to the right, but pressing that does nothing. Below all of that is a sentence in red that says simply "No available firmware for this device."

I've gone through this process twice, shutting everything down and starting everything up again, with the same result.

I'm stuck.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Larry
2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

Larry,
You can you the DJI Assistant 2 to reinstall or downgrade your firmware.
Just connect you MA via USB to your computer and it will appear in the DJI Assistant 2. Then you can re flash the aircraft.
2018-10-2
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-2 12:29
Larry,
You can you the DJI Assistant 2 to reinstall or downgrade your firmware.
Just connect you MA via USB to your computer and it will appear in the DJI Assistant 2. Then you can re flash the aircraft.

Thanks, I'l keep that in mind in case I need to go that route.

After posting my cry for help, I tried two more times, and I made more progress. The DJI GO 4 app was finally able to read the firmware version; after that, I was able to get to that black screen and "downgrade" the remote control firmware (I actually refreshed the 1.00.0200 version, hoping that might clear up the problem). If that fails, I'll try actually downgrading to a previous version.

Thanks again for the assist!

Larry
2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-10-2 12:36
Thanks, I'l keep that in mind in case I need to go that route.

After posting my cry for help, I tried two more times, and I made more progress. The DJI GO 4 app was finally able to read the firmware version; after that, I was able to get to that black screen and "downgrade" the remote control firmware (I actually refreshed the 1.00.0200 version, hoping that might clear up the problem). If that fails, I'll try actually downgrading to a previous version.

I think that If you go back to 0.4000 you need to go back with the remote to 0.1000

2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-2 12:39
I think that If you go back to 0.4000 you need to go back with the remote to 0.1000

so i did another run, this time i picked a little trail and followed over the water of a creek which usually upsets my signal because of all the brush and trees between the parking lot and the creek but this time no issues.. even going under the bridge (was scary) the wifi remained solid and connected and minimal lag. no glitches with gimbal or yaw drift or anything either..  battery acted normal and i did a RTH using the button on the controller and it came back just fine.  

seems as if downgrade -> upgrade -> refresh method cleared up my issues.

i didn't take it on another range run because the wind isn't ideal today :/ gusting around 20+ mph at top of the trees where i would be flying. so wouldn't be a fair comparison.

2018-10-2
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Israel

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-2 12:48
so i did another run, this time i picked a little trail and followed over the water of a creek which usually upsets my signal because of all the brush and trees between the parking lot and the creek but this time no issues.. even going under the bridge (was scary) the wifi remained solid and connected and minimal lag. no glitches with gimbal or yaw drift or anything either..  battery acted normal and i did a RTH using hte button on the controller and it came back just fine.

i didn't take it on another range run because the wind isn't ideal today :/ gusting around 20+ mph at top of the trees where i would be flying. so wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Thanks for the info!

I am not sure what I am going to do. 0.4000 works great for me since day 1, and soon as I upgraded I got problems.

Maybe I'll just wait to hear more feedbacks

Thanks!
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dor4x Posted at 2018-10-2 12:54
Thanks for the info!

I am not sure what I am going to do. 0.4000 works great for me since day 1, and soon as I upgraded I got problems.

no problems hopefully dji releases a .501 update soon to fix these bugs and things..
2018-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules