Carry-on Cases or Backpacks?!
3753 15 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

Whats going on?! Hope everyone had a great weekend, back to the grind tomorrow.... meh.
Anywho, I would like to bring my P3Pro with me on vacations, but don't want to have to check it in.  What cases or backpacks would you recommend that I can carry-on to the plane, but still have it somewhat protected from accidental bumps or drops?

Thanks!
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using a Recardo rolling backpack.  The P3 fits nicely and i have room for some clothes to cushion it along with my laptop and other stuff.  My wife bought it for me a few years ago and i have enjoyed it ever sense.  It easily fits in the overhead bins.
2015-5-31
Use props
mike
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

djricaric, there are a few backpacks here that are small enough to carry on:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CasesP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-1
Use props
ditzlerphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37470 ft
  • >>>
United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-6-1 18:47
djricaric, there are a few backpacks here that are small enough to carry on:
http://www.PhantomHelp. ...

I got a cheap backpack from Amazon and I like it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P37ZRM6

With my whole rig (charger, Nexus 7 tablet, controller and one flight battery) it is less than 9 pounds loaded. Not the highest quality but for easy travel it works great.

It is designed for the Phantom 3 so you have to make a cutout to fit the controller. I used an electric carving knife with a little up and down motion, remember only one blade moves under power, it cut through the foam easily.

I store the extra DJI propellers in their case in the outside side pocket of the backpack. My flight props I take off to fit it in the backpack and they are stored on the large outside zippered pocket on the lid of the backpack. Keep the cardboard box it ships in, in the case that you want to ship it.

I also bought a hard case with wheels on Amazon but it is too big for a carry on.   
Seahorse SE-920F Protective Wheeled Carry-on Case With Foam

I also saw this cheaper hard case (no foam) for $60 too but have not ordered that.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/pr ... -22-24160-/22-24160

cheers
-david

2015-6-1
Use props
Hornet22
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I looked at many options and the best bag I found for my money was the Fancier King Kong 40 back pack. It comes in at approx £50 and is amazing value. There are a few available on eBay.

Was also looking at the GoProfessional backpack but could not wait for them to finally release their P3 version. I had been lugging the quad around in the original box and this prevented me from getting to interesting locations. Plus I don't like advertising that I have an expensive quad on my person.
2015-6-1
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-1
Use props
mcrs
lvl.1
Canada

I have the ThinkTank Airport Helipak and it's amazing - great storage, very well built, and infinitely customizable dividers inside. It also will fit a 15" laptop in a separate exterior pocket, along with lots of other pockets to store tablets, batteries, propellers, charger, etc - not the least expensive option, but sure makes it easy to cary the P3P around!
2015-6-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

salota8550 Posted at 2015-6-2 01:01
Can you please share a photo for it?

Thanks in advance

I checked and unfortunately they no longer produce the model that I have.  Sorry.
2015-6-1
Use props
tou_thor10
lvl.2

United States

if you're like me and need to carry dslr camera with accessories watch this video. This is the backpack i use, it's perfect works great and i'm able to fit all my camera gear inside, even a 15'' laptop !!
2015-6-1
Use props
dperlmutter
lvl.2

United States

tou_thor10@hotm Posted at 2015-6-2 08:12

if you're like me and need to carry dslr camera with ac ...

Nice! Been looking for something like that
2015-6-1
Use props
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

Thanks yall!!  I've been thinking about that ThinkTank Airport Helipad, but that thing is a bit spendy.  Looking at the possibility of getting a hard case if not a Backpack.  Been watching a lot of IrixGuy and he is always advertising the Seahorse Case.... I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.
2015-6-2
Use props
Aricb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
United States

djricaric Posted at 2015-6-3 10:36
Thanks yall!!  I've been thinking about that ThinkTank Airport Helipad, but that thing is a bit spen ...

The Think Tank bag is worth every penny!!!
2015-6-2
Use props
GPC
lvl.1

United States

GPC Phantom 3 Backpack will be available soon for pre-order!  Carry on size, lifetime warranty, legendary GPC quality.  Keep an eye on our website for photos and updates.   
2015-6-3
Use props
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

Hmmm... a GPC Backpack huh.  Piqued my interest.  My first choice still is a hard case, as I'd like to take my P3Pro with my when I travel, but I don't want to check it.  For that reason, the backpack sounds like a good deal because I can use it as a carry-on.

What do you guys think?
2015-6-6
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

I have the Thinktank Airport Helipak,  and liking it.
2015-6-6
Use props
nfrancisco
New

United States

djricaric Posted at 2015-6-6 19:57
Hmmm... a GPC Backpack huh.  Piqued my interest.  My first choice still is a hard case, as I'd like  ...

CasePro offers hard cases that are small enough to fit carry-on requirements.  These cases are spcifically designed to fit all three Phantom 3 models (standard, advanced, and pro) without having to take the propellers off.

This is the carry-on one that you can take with you on any airplane: http://www.casesbysource.com/pro ... d-case-cpe-phan3-co

It features our new RecoCell foam for added cushion and protection. Like memory foam, RecoCell foam shapes itself around your Phantom 3, creating an ultra-snug fit without damaging the drone or its propellers at all.  

Our carry on size also comes without RecoCell foam here: http://www.casesbysource.com/pro ... rd-case-cp-phan3-co

If you want a wheeled case for ease of movement, we offer that here: http://www.casesbysource.com/pro ... ard-case-cp-phan3-w

If you decide on the wheeled version, it will have to be checked into the baggage compartment of a plane, but don't worry! The heavy-duty exterior and high density foam interior will keep your Phantom 3 protected no matter how roughly it is handled.

You can also customize the foam interiors on these cases to custom-fit any other accessories (including iPads or other tablets) you want to carry in the case as well. No need to knife through foam that isn't right for you! Just click the orange "Add Custom Foam" button on the pages above and use our online customization tool to build a foam interior that is perfect for your needs.
2015-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules