Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problematic upgrade to latest fly safe database on DJI GO
2923 13 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
strixaluco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463461 ft
United Kingdom

I have the P3 Pro and use DJI Go app. Both latest versions of software. Since the last "Fly safe database" update of a couple of days ago, I continuously get the pop-up to check the box and confirm responsibility for the flight. I've been flying in places that this was never a problem. It is far from airports. It's now almost impossible to fly and it's definitely not enjoyable. This on-going warning makes flying dangerous as I cannot see the screen and I cannot concentrate. Before you'd get a warning once just at the beginning of the flight, you'd check 2 boxes saying you accept responsibility and enjoy yourself.

Please offer any suggestions or insights about how to get rid of the pop-up issue. May I ask DJI engineers to look into this glitch and restore things as they were on the previous fly safe database version? Why is there a glitch with every update?
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot of this message so that we can check it for you? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-1
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

On last Sunday i had an update too but by me the app did not say anything about the place was dangerous for fly UAS.
2018-10-2
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-1 16:13
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot of this message so that we can check it for you? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

Hi, this is the kind of pop-up I keep getting all the time (not exactly that). I check the 2 boxes, I click "Confirm" and it disappears only to show up again after a few moments. This is what makes the flight dangerous, not the place where I fly because it is far away from any air field. My device is a Nexus 7 2013 II
running on Android latest version.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

strixaluco Posted at 2018-10-2 12:44
[view_image]

Hi, this is the kind of pop-up I keep getting all the time (not exactly that). I check the 2 boxes, I click "Confirm" and it disappears only to show up again after a few moments. This is what makes the flight dangerous, not the place where I fly because it is far away from any air field. My device is a Nexus 7 2013 II

Hi, Thanks for your response. Did you check the blue circle then hit the "YES" message? Please see the image for your reference.

Warning.png
2018-10-2
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-2 13:11
Hi, Thanks for your response. Did you check the blue circle then hit the "YES" message? Please see the image for your reference.

Yes of course. The blue circles to be checked are 2 then "Confirm" instead of "yes" in the version I've got, like I have done basically always in the last year or so, but until the last upgrade of the "Fly safe database" (not of DJI Go App) after I pressed "Confirm" the pop-up would disappear for the whole flight., not pop up every moment like it happens now. Btw, P3P flies brilliantly without problems, responds to all commands etc.., it is just annoying seeing the safety notification coming back all the time on the device screen after I have checked it.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

strixaluco Posted at 2018-10-2 13:21
Yes of course. The blue circles to be checked are 2 then "Confirm" instead of "yes" in the version I've got, like I have done basically always in the last year or so, but until the last upgrade of the "Fly safe database" (not of DJI Go App) after I pressed "Confirm" the pop-up would disappear for the whole flight., not pop up every moment like it happens now. Btw, P3P flies brilliantly without problems, responds to all commands etc.., it is just annoying seeing the safety notification coming back all the time on the device screen after I have checked it.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to clarify that although we manage to agree and confirm this error message it will not disappear? Did you try to uninstall and re-install the application to see if the issue will persist? Please sync your flight records and save your important files in any case that you'll be deleting the application.
2018-10-2
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-2 13:50
Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to clarify that although we manage to agree and confirm this error message it will not disappear? Did you try to uninstall and re-install the application to see if the issue will persist? Please sync your flight records and save your important files in any case that you'll be deleting the application.

Hi Tony, the safety notification will disappear when I press "Confirm" but just for 5-10 seconds, then it will pop up again. This will happen over and over again in each flight. I will delete the app and reinstall it again, I will let you know what happens when I fly the P3P again (probably in the week-end). Thanks for your help.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

strixaluco Posted at 2018-10-2 14:15
Hi Tony, the safety notification will disappear when I press "Confirm" but just for 5-10 seconds, then it will pop up again. This will happen over and over again in each flight. I will delete the app and reinstall it again, I will let you know what happens when I fly the P3P again (probably in the week-end). Thanks for your help.

Sure! Please keep us posted on the latest progress so that we could be able to coordinate it with our engineers as well in any case that it will persist. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI_112
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79606 ft

One reason, I never update the fly database
2018-10-2
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-2 16:08
Sure! Please keep us posted on the latest progress so that we could be able to coordinate it with our engineers as well in any case that it will persist. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony, I reinstalled the DJI Go app on the Nexus 7 2013, flew the P3P 2 days ago and the safety pop-up window appeared just once, I checked it and it disappeared. So this problem has been solved. However I noticed there was a black screen in the bottom left corner, so I could not see where the drone was heading when far from me as there was no arrow. This is new, before reinstalling the app I never had this problem.
Then I flew the P3P with Iphone SE latest IOS and I had no problem whatsoever, all working well, therefore I think it is just a problem of the Nexus 7 2013 running on Android. It's a pity because so far it did a great job and I only use it to fly the drone.
2018-10-8
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft

That irritating "Safe to fly" popup is exactly the reason I rolled back to 3.1.11 on my rooted Nexus 7 II. And having Google maps back is the icing on the cake.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

strixaluco Posted at 2018-10-8 16:08
Hi Tony, I reinstalled the DJI Go app on the Nexus 7 2013, flew the P3P 2 days ago and the safety pop-up window appeared just once, I checked it and it disappeared. So this problem has been solved. However I noticed there was a black screen in the bottom left corner, so I could not see where the drone was heading when far from me as there was no arrow. This is new, before reinstalling the app I never had this problem.
Then I flew the P3P with Iphone SE latest IOS and I had no problem whatsoever, all working well, therefore I think it is just a problem of the Nexus 7 2013 running on Android. It's a pity because so far it did a great job and I only use it to fly the drone.

Hi, Thank you for your updates. Glad that somehow it sorted the initial issue. Based on our compatible devices, the Nexus 6P is only compatible with our DJI GO app. You can check the image below for your reference on the compatible devices. Thank you for understanding the situation.

2018-10-9
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-9 08:25
Hi, Thank you for your updates. Glad that somehow it sorted the initial issue. Based on our compatible devices, the Nexus 6P is only compatible with our DJI GO app. You can check the image below for your reference on the compatible devices. Thank you for understanding the situation.

[view_image]

Hi Tony, thank you for the list of compatible devices. The eldest ones are being phased out one by one as the software becomes more developed. It's a pity because until shortly ago Nexus 7 II 2013 was working well both with Spark and P3P, then little by little glitches appeared with Spark, then also with P3P, and now it is simply too dangerous to fly on it no matter what drone you've got.
Btw, I noticed on the official support page for P3P they list all devices compatible

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads (see mid-page on the right - P3P Specs) still includes Nexus 7 II and many others which should definitely be updated as it is obsolete. Thank you for your support
2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules