Buying and selling used drones
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cutaway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

I am selling my used Mavic Pro and buying a used P4P V2.0.   Is the DJI Care available for used drones?   And do I need to "update" any records anywhere to reflect that the MP is no longer mine and P4P V2.0 is mine?   I guess I'd need to do that for the FAA drone registration.   

I am asking because of warranty as well as reliease of liability.   Thanks in advance!
2018-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You have removed your personal ID from the drone you are selling?

You aren’t going to be responsible anymore, once you sell your property.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

- Your DJI Care policy will be usable by the new owner as long as the new owner has a copy of your DJI Care policy receipt.

- There are no records to update on your end.

- You only need to de-register your drone with the FAA if you registered with the drone serial number (Part 107).  If you registered under Section 336, then you just need to remove your registration number from the drone before you sell it.
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cutaway, for the used P4P V2.0 you are buying, if it is never bound to the DJI Care Refresh, you can purchase it, please check the DJI Care Refresh status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage But you will need to take the video to verify the drone is still in the good condition: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
For the Mavic Pro you are selling, please transfer the proof of purchase of the product and the DJI Care Refresh to the new owner, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-10-1
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-1 18:05
Hi Cutaway, for the used P4P V2.0 you are buying, if it is never bound to the DJI Care Refresh, you can purchase it, please check the DJI Care Refresh status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage But you will need to take the video to verify the drone is still in the good condition: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
For the Mavic Pro you are selling, please transfer the proof of purchase of the product and the DJI Care Refresh to the new owner, please let us know if you have any further concern.

Thank you @DJI Mindy.  Good news is that the P4P V2.0 doesn't have any care.  BUT...

...ugh...what's the difference between DJI Care, DJI Care Refresh, and DJI Care Refresh+?  
2018-10-1
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-1 17:00
You have removed your personal ID from the drone you are selling?

You aren’t going to be responsible anymore, once you sell your property.

RedHotPoker...when you say personal ID....do you mean the FAA Reg. Number, My Name, and Phone Number sticker that I placed on the Mavic?   Or are you saying something more in the software (i.e. digital form)?
2018-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cutaway Posted at 2018-10-1 20:01
RedHotPoker...when you say personal ID....do you mean the FAA Reg. Number, My Name, and Phone Number sticker that I placed on the Mavic?   Or are you saying something more in the software (i.e. digital form)?

Yes, just your regular identification.  Name, phone number & home address.

It wouldn’t be a positive outcome, if anything were to ever go awry for the new owner.
Ah, if they didn’t take full responsibility, for their drones actions, or liability.

RedHotPoker
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cutaway Posted at 2018-10-1 20:00
Thank you @DJI Mindy.  Good news is that the P4P V2.0 doesn't have any care.  BUT...

...ugh...what's the difference between DJI Care, DJI Care Refresh, and DJI Care Refresh+?

Hi Cutaway, the drones that DJI Care supports differs from DJI Care Refresh.
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 supports DJI Care Refresh, DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use.
DJI Care Refresh + is the renewal of the DJI Care Refresh by extending its coverage for one more year as well as providing one more opportunity to replace your DJI product within 12 months. Furthermore, the warranty period of your product will be extended by at least 12 months. And a free repair service will be provided if your product has a manufacturing defect.
I had added hyperlinks above, you can click the specific link for more details. Thank you for your attention.

2018-10-2
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-2 20:26
Hi Cutaway, the drones that DJI Care supports differs from DJI Care Refresh.
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 supports DJI Care Refresh, DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use.
DJI Care Refresh + is the renewal of the DJI Care Refresh by extending its coverage for one more year as well as providing one more opportunity to replace your DJI product within 12 months. Furthermore, the warranty period of your product will be extended by at least 12 months. And a free repair service will be provided if your product has a manufacturing defect.

Thanks DJI Thor for your response.   So...

I should buy both DJI Care and the DJI Care Refresh.  And after 1 year, I buy the DJI Care Refresh+, right?

Thanks for being patient with my noob questions.
2018-10-3
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cutaway Posted at 2018-10-3 08:27
I should buy both DJI Care and the DJI Care Refresh.  And after 1 year, I buy the DJI Care Refresh+, right?

You can only buy DJI Care Refresh for the Mavic.

DJI Care Refresh + can be purchased at any time as long as your DJI Care Refresh policy is still active (meaning it's less than one year old) and there is at least one replacement left.
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cutaway Posted at 2018-10-3 08:27
Thanks DJI Thor for your response.   So...

Hi Cutaway, you can refer to msinger's reply above, you can buy DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh + for your Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, once you purchase the DJI Care Refresh successfully, you can buy DJI Care Refresh +, as DJI Care Refresh + can't be purchased if the original DJI Care Refresh expired and has less than 1 remaining balance.
DJI Care doesn't support Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, please don't buy it. Hope it provides you with more info.
2018-10-3
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-3 18:56
Hi Cutaway, you can refer to msinger's reply above, you can buy DJI Care Refresh and DJI Care Refresh + for your Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, once you purchase the DJI Care Refresh successfully, you can buy DJI Care Refresh +, as DJI Care Refresh + can't be purchased if the original DJI Care Refresh expired and has less than 1 remaining balance.
DJI Care doesn't support Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, please don't buy it. Hope it provides you with more info.

DJI Thor, thank you.

So I am not crazy being confused...right?  ;-)
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cutaway Posted at 2018-10-4 06:59
DJI Thor, thank you.

So I am not crazy being confused...right?  ;-)

No problems, Cutaway. It's normal being confused by this, if I am new to this service plans I may also get confused, too. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me or our support at any time, we're glad to help.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules