Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all!
I was recently thinking about some good accessories to get for my upcoming Mavic Pro Platinum, and when I thought on the topic of skins, I thought that a reflective or glow in the dark Mavic (or any other DJI Drone) skin would be very useful in the case of night flying and or if you lost your drone (you could shine a flashlight near the last known GPS coordinates and your drone would reflect the light, giving up it's hiding place). I know that a glow in the dark skin would be very cool, and a great alternative from LED props (which you have to charge, and I've never trusted after-market props anyway) and Lume Cubes (which add extra weight to your drone and you have to recharge frequently).

After doing some research however, I couldn't find any reflective OR glow in the dark skins for any DJI drones on the market. I could see how a glow in the dark skin might not be extremely practical, as the glow in the dark would eventually ware out of the skin from excessive exposure to sun, however I don't see the issue with a reflective skin. Is there some big thing that I'm missing which warrants the unavailability of these certain skins? Or has no manufacturer thought to make them?
I would love you hear your guys' thoughts on this topic, and if you'd be interested in some skins of this nature as well.
(if I am in fact missing something and this thread is pointless, please let me know as well)

I'm looking forward to hearing your personal opinions/thoughts!

(Side note: Thank you all for being such a supportive community. I browse the forum every day and see people constantly taking the time to help other strangers with their technical difficulties and complimenting work. :-)
2018-10-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I've looked at a few skin manufacturers, I don't remember seeing any glow in the dark or reflective skins.  That doesn't mean there isn't any.  It sounds like a good idea!
2018-10-1
Use props
kp131
lvl.1
United States

sounds great! but then you get rid of the factor trying to be not seen and i wouldnt fly my drone at night
2018-10-1
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-10-1 19:48
I've looked at a few skin manufacturers, I don't remember seeing any glow in the dark or reflective skins.  That doesn't mean there isn't any.  It sounds like a good idea!

I've searched far and wide. I'm going to contact DecalGirl and PGYTECH to see if they're interested in manufacturing them.
Thanks for your input!
2018-10-2
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kp131 Posted at 2018-10-1 23:09
sounds great! but then you get rid of the factor trying to be not seen and i wouldnt fly my drone at night

It depends on what you're looking to do. With the Mavic 2's having better low-light capability and the new automatic hyperlapse feature, night flying has many more possibilities. Being able to keep a visual line of sight at night by not just relying on the lights would be really cool & nice to have.
Thanks for your input!
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your sharing your thoughts here. Hope you'll get the best recommendations where you can purchase the accessory that you need. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PGY tech offer some good skins
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now