Next RC firmware release
1428 8 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

ADMINS: There are TWO question here. Please respond to BOTH.

First question:
When does DJI plan to release the next RC firmware update?

I am currently running version 01.00.0400. Since there have been so many reports of the RC being bricked by the 01.00.0600 update I will not install it.

Next question:
When does DJI plan to release a DJI Assistant 2 version that will update the RC?

2018-10-2
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Very good questions, thanks for asking, it is good to plan ahead!
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and troubles you're having right now with your Spark. As of now, we don't have any confirmed or exact dates as to when will the next firmware for Spark will release. You may visit our website from time to time for updates.
2018-10-2
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-10-2 06:10
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and troubles you're having right now with your Spark. As of now, we don't have any confirmed or exact dates as to when will the next firmware for Spark will release. You may visit our website from time to time for updates.

You need to pay better attention to what was posted.

1. I am not having any inconvenience or troubles with my Spark. This request had nothing whatsoever to do with the Spark.

2. You failed to address the RC request.

3. You failed to address the DJI Assitant 2 request.

Watching the DJI Release notes isn't of much help. Last thing they post was on 7/19/18. It shows Go4 at version 4.2.22. Too bad we cannot obtain accurate, reliable information.

Now a new question:
Why is it so difficult to get knowledgeable, pertinent answers from the DJI Administrators?

2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-10-2 06:17
You need to pay better attention to what was posted.

1. I am not having any inconvenience or troubles with my Spark. This request had nothing whatsoever to do with the Spark.

Hi, We do apologize for the miss interpretation. The latest firmware of the RC is for the Android devices to be compatible while using OTG cable, however, it should not remove the Wi-Fi of your RC or brick. We highly suggest reporting the issue to us in any case that you'll encounter problems with the latest firmware. As of the moment, we don't have any information when will be the next update for the Spark. No worries, we will forward your suggestion in regards to DJI Assistant 2 that would be compatible with the RC to R&D engineers, for our team to determine what we can do to make it possible. Thank you for your support.
2018-10-2
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-2 16:45
Hi, We do apologize for the miss interpretation. The latest firmware of the RC is for the Android devices to be compatible while using OTG cable, however, it should not remove the Wi-Fi of your RC or brick. We highly suggest reporting the issue to us in any case that you'll encounter problems with the latest firmware. As of the moment, we don't have any information when will be the next update for the Spark. No worries, we will forward your suggestion in regards to DJI Assistant 2 that would be compatible with the RC to R&D engineers, for our team to determine what we can do to make it possible. Thank you for your support.

Thank you, DJI Tony.

I know the RC update is not supposed to "brick" the RC but there have been too many reports of that happening for me to risk it. Plus there has been no explanation as to why this was happening.

I purchased my combo 1st week in July. So far I have been able to fly it about 3 weeks. I have had two warranty replacements for hardware failure and just got back the third one from repair. That is another issue.

Anyway I am not going to update anything without knowing what changes are in an update and if people are running into problems with the update. For now I think I will fly. DJI has kept me out of the sky long enough.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-10-2 18:50
Thank you, DJI Tony.

I know the RC update is not supposed to "brick" the RC but there have been too many reports of that happening for me to risk it. Plus there has been no explanation as to why this was happening.

Hi, Thanks for your response. I will coordinate your concern with our engineers so that we could be able to provide an appropriate solution for this. Thank you for understanding.
2018-10-3
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-3 09:02
Hi, Thanks for your response. I will coordinate your concern with our engineers so that we could able provide an appropriate solution about this. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks, Tony.
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're welcome. I'll inform you in any case that there will be updates on this scenario. We highly appreciated your feedback.
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules