RONIN S .. returned FOR REPAIR.. have you ?
1773 15 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

would like to know how many so far have had to return for failure out the box issues.? Bad yaw . goes in to autotune on its own every few minutes . even after current update. no matter how perfect the gimbal was balanced.. ..how was your experience with dji on getting your gimbal back?... mine is set for delivery monday to them in California.. hope its fixed properly tested and sent back with all items I sent in box.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm really sorry to hear that you need to send your Ronin S to us. We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-2
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-2 07:27
I'm really sorry to hear that you need to send your Ronin S to us. We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.

CAS2295928-C1R8S1 .  hoping to get a product back that works. fingers crossed.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-10-2 07:38
CAS2295928-C1R8S1 .  hoping to get a product back that works. fingers crossed.

Thank you for that information. We will give you an update as soon as possible and hopefully everything goes smoothly.
2018-10-2
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-2 07:57
Thank you for that information. We will give you an update as soon as possible and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

thanks love to be able to put out a solid review to my youtube followers with my EVA1..
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-10-2 08:20
thanks love to be able to put out a solid review to my youtube followers with my EVA1..

Hi Brain, we understand, as the Ronin-S is on the way back, the local team will help when they receive the package, we will also help to keep an eye on it, if any assistance needed during the process, please feel free to contact us, we'd be glad to help.
2018-10-2
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-2 20:15
Hi Brain, we understand, as the Ronin-S is on the way back, the local team will help when they receive the package, we will also help to keep an eye on it, if any assistance needed during the process, please feel free to contact us, we'd be glad to help.

hoping for monday to be delivered
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-10-5 07:57
hoping for monday to be delivered

We also hope so Brain, please keep us updated any time if you need any assistance during this process, we are always here to help.
2018-10-7
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

was delivered tech Lopez this morning...  9 days on mail in...fingers crossed for a timely solution. not good Experience for my company so fare.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-10-8 09:50
was delivered tech Lopez this morning...  9 days on mail in...fingers crossed for a timely solution. not good Experience for my company so fare.

Sorry for the long shipping time, we will inform the repair center to get it fixed as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon.
2018-10-9
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-9 02:29
Sorry for the long shipping time, we will inform the repair center to get it fixed as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon.

ok. thank you 2 day of having unit at repair center.. hope to hear some thing tomorrow
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-10-9 04:44
ok. thank you 2 day of having unit at repair center.. hope to hear some thing tomorrow

I see the device has been swapped and shipped out, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-10-11
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

me to.. hope one shipped was tested before sent.. hope to get product that works correctly.. ready to use investment
2018-10-12
Use props
Stanley James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I am returning mine as well. It will not center after panning or tilting. I opened a request with DJI Request #1415313 but their steps were not able to resolve the issue. I want to buy another one but BestBuy and everywhere online is now sold out. Looks like I will be waiting until Nov or Dec to try again. Can anyone at least confirm that after panning or tilting the Ronin-S is supposed to return to center? For every other gimbal I have owned or used ( Ronin-M, Ronin-MX, P2, P3, P4, and I1) they all return to center after a tilt or pan unless the joystick is used.

Double tapping the trigger returns it to center, so the Ronin S knows where center is, so I think this is a firmware bug more than it is a hardware problem. Also, the Bluetooth is unreliable, if it drops the only way to get the connection back is to restart the gimbal. Once I had to restart the gimbal and restart the app, and turn on and off Bluetooth on my phone before it connected again. This is with an iPhone6 S, the latest version of firmware, and the latest version of the app.
2018-10-14
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.2
United States

Stanley James Posted at 2018-10-14 15:29
I am returning mine as well. It will not center after panning or tilting. I opened a request with DJI Request #1415313 but their steps were not able to resolve the issue. I want to buy another one but BestBuy and everywhere online is now sold out. Looks like I will be waiting until Nov or Dec to try again. Can anyone at least confirm that after panning or tilting the Ronin-S is supposed to return to center? For every other gimbal I have owned or used ( Ronin-M, Ronin-MX, P2, P3, P4, and I1) they all return to center after a tilt or pan unless the joystick is used.

Double tapping the trigger returns it to center, so the Ronin S knows where center is, so I think this is a firmware bug more than it is a hardware problem. Also, the Bluetooth is unreliable, if it drops the only way to get the connection back is to restart the gimbal. Once I had to restart the gimbal and restart the app, and turn on and off Bluetooth on my phone before it connected again. This is with an iPhone6 S, the latest version of firmware, and the latest version of the app.

i should know by tm what they did for me .. swap out for new one or fix.  Expected delivery. and if it works.. if this one is still bugged thats it for me on the ronin. will return for full refund and wait for better product solution... NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH experience
2018-10-15
Use props
Stanley James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-10-15 03:27
i should know by tm what they did for me .. swap out for new one or fix.  Expected delivery. and if it works.. if this one is still bugged thats it for me on the ronin. will return for full refund and wait for better product solution... NOT BEEN HAPPY WITH experience

I'm just going to return mine and wait a year or so for all of the bugs to be worked out. It's unfortunate because I would love to replace my Crane v2 with a bigger gimbal but paying clients will not understand when I cannot get the footage they need so I don't have time to be DJI's test bed. I skipped the P1 for the same reason. I only have 13 days left before I cannot return it for a full refund so if I send it in for repair my return window will pass and I'll be stuck with a gimbal that probably has other bugs that have not been found yet.
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules