Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor follow up from Polarpro
123Next >
7386 93 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I paid over 200$ and express shipping to get them in time.
The last time i heard from them was over a week ago, then not a word, despite dozens if mails asking for an update. And there are many more reporting the same on their facebook page.
Still the guy sit and post stuff on his facebook page everyday prentending were not here. Buy from Dji instead, and boikot this kind of monkey business...

0401F61E-B8AB-443E-A25A-C3223079EC9A.png
2018-10-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's not good - they have reps on this forum - perhaps one will step in to provide some support for your situation.
2018-10-2
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Not sure about your side of the pond, but I ordered the premium controller sticks for Mavic 2 last week and they got here in 4 days, no problems at all...
2018-10-2
Use props
TommyJeep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50423 ft
  • >>>
United States

I could not disagree more.  I've bought a few items from PolarPro over the years and they have always been honest and straightforward.  I just recently received my M2P filters and case from them after a back-order where they told me up-front when they expect to ship.  The case I bought from them for my M1 broke a latch a while back.  After I contacted them they immediately sent me 2 replacement latches for free and they paid shipping.  I couldn't be happier with them!  Sorry your experience isn't the same.
2018-10-2
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

CineView Media - how many business days  has it been ?  5 ?
2018-10-2
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Maybe a Europe thing? I ordered a Mavic Pro phone controller mount and received it in 3 days using the cheapest shipping. As mentioned there is a rep here.
2018-10-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kingram Posted at 2018-10-2 12:13
CineView Media - how many business days  has it been ?  5 ?

This is ridiculous, yes your right about 5 working days which is their policy for express delivery, so if their one day over it’s fair to call them scammers on a drone forum, only an idiot would post such rubbish.
The fact is PP have been an exceptional company supplying filters since phantom 1, to call them scammers on this forum because they might be 1 or 2 days late is quite honestly ridiculous.
2018-10-2
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What does "boikot" mean? Wikipedia says it's a Spanish left-wing punk rock band
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

If anyone bothered to read the screenshot i posted, you will see that they assured me it would be picked up later that day, one week ago, if not i shouldnt hesitate to contact them again.

So, after emailing them every single day after asking for an update, with no word from them, while they keep posting stuff on facebook every single day, i reserve my right to call them scammers regardless of their previous history.
I paid 50$ extra for express delivery, to make sure they arrived in time for a couple of jobs, that means i paid for express for nothing. That the express package STILL havent been picked up after over a week, a package that were suppose to be delivered 2 days after shipment, is no excuse at all, especially when they on top of that just hit the ignore button and threat their customers like air.
And to mention it again, im not the only one.

For those of you who chose support ripoff like this, i can only say that you are just contributing by making business around worse and worse by saying "hey, i dont mind"
Which is obviously why we see more and more companies doing whatever pleases them with no consequences at all...
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-2 12:20
This is ridiculous, yes your right about 5 working days which is their policy for express delivery, so if their one day over it’s fair to call them scammers on a drone forum, only an idiot would post such rubbish.
The fact is PP have been an exceptional company supplying filters since phantom 1, to call them scammers on this forum because they might be 1 or 2 days late is quite honestly ridiculous.

You obviously dont know what you are talking about.
DHL express is 3 days, but it wont help if its never being shipped by the dispatcher.
Hard to understand?
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is why i turned to amazon business prime... get free 1 day shipping on such items here in the US.   they extremely good at making sure you get your product or getting a refund if you are unhappy.
2018-10-2
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Have you tried calling them?
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Maybe this makes it easier for some of you to understand.
Problem is not that DHL is slow, but that DHL more than one week later, STILL havent received the package from Polarpro, and that Polar pro stopped responding to my emails a week ago.
That is not acceptable and highly unprofessional.

This status is the current one, and still unchanged a week after
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DownUnderDrones Posted at 2018-10-2 12:58
What does "boikot" mean? Wikipedia says it's a Spanish left-wing punk rock band

Thats correct, Sir!
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-2 13:13
Have you tried calling them?

No, im overseas, and have been communicating trough email earlier without any problems, so i dont see any reasons to waste money on long distance calls for this.
2018-10-2
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I've never heard of poor service from Polarpro previously. That is not to say you have not caught them on a bad day. My experience has been prompt resolution regarding a problem with their product. Hope you get it sorted.
2018-10-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 2018-10-2 13:06
You obviously dont know what you are talking about.
DHL express is 3 days, but it wont help if its never being shipped by the dispatcher.
Hard to understand?

Read their shipping policy on their site, it clearly says 5 days DHL express 14/21 days snail mail , nothing about 3 days. This is all a little bit unfair to a company that has an exemplary track record , yes by all means have a little whinge if they are 3/4 days late, but to call them Scammers is someone just being hysterical.
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-2 13:21
Read their shipping policy on their site, it clearly says 5 days DHL express 14/21 days snail mail , nothing about 3 days. This is all a little bit unfair to a company that has an exemplary track record , yes by all means have a little whinge if they are 3/4 days late, but to call them Scammers is someone just being hysterical.

You still dont get it, its not about DHL shipping time, its about PP not delivering the package to DHL as promised...
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Celsus Posted at 2018-10-2 13:17
I've never heard of poor service from Polarpro previously. That is not to say you have not caught them on a bad day. My experience has been prompt resolution regarding a problem with their product. Hope you get it sorted.

Its not only me, unfortunately. I guess their in over their head this time, and with no attempt to solve it in a professional way, at least not in my eyes when they spend their time on facebook promoting their stuff, instead of responding to concerned customers.

2018-10-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 2018-10-2 13:14
Maybe this makes it easier for some of you to understand.
Problem is not that DHL is slow, but that DHL more than one week later, STILL havent received the package from Polarpro, and that Polar pro stopped responding to my emails a week ago.
That is not acceptable and highly unprofessional.

I’m not to sure how DHL works in Norway , but in my country you book DHL and come and collect the package, I don’t have to go anywhere bring it anywhere, they collect and deliver, and as far as I know there is a similar process in most countries, yours shows that it was booked in for collection.
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-2 13:30
I’m not to sure how DHL works in Norway , but in my country you book DHL and come and collect the package, I don’t have to go anywhere bring it anywhere, they collect and deliver, and as far as I know there is a similar process in most countries, yours shows that it was booked in for collection.

That is correct!
And if they after a week still havent picked up anything, would you blame DHL or PP, also considering PP havent responded to 5-6 emails the past week?
I know youre trying to defend them, but im not sure what you are actually defending here, DHL for not picking up an express parcel for more than a week, or PP for not responding to any emails for the same amount of time?
2018-10-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 2018-10-2 13:41
That is correct!
And if they after a week still havent picked up anything, would you blame DHL or PP, also considering PP havent responded to 5-6 emails the past week?
I know youre trying to defend them, but im not sure what you are actually defending here, DHL for not picking up an express parcel for more than a week, or PP for not responding to any emails for the same amount of time?

I wouldn’t call any company Scammers if my delivery was a couple of days late, I would expect DHL to collect if that’s what they are supposed to do.

Scammer.
One who does everything in his/her power to steal from another, usually by means of trickery, deceit, and force. With the accesibility and anonymousity that the internet provides, scammers have become increasingly prevalent in modern times. Usually driven by personal greed or even outright amusement, they are unhindered by sympathy or morals and are the very face of human corruption.

Do you not think this is a bit to harsh, considering the reputation of this company.
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-10-2 13:41
That is correct!

sounds like internal issue at polar pro from all the various complaints about delayed shipping or not being picked up for delivery.

in this situation, even if polar pro isn't at fault here and its shipping companies faults, they are going to lose customers for life at this rate.  they need to refund everyone their shipping charges, and get everything out the door even if it costs them money as a company out of pocket.... they need to do it, because this type of business relies on repeat customers, most camera related businesses rely mostly on repeat customers. specially in such a niche field as drones and with competition offering similar products for half or less the cost.  they need to prove yourselves why you are worth 100's of $  happy customers = great recommendations and reviews.. upset customers = by far most vocal people that can and do turn away potential customers.
2018-10-2
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 479045 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-2 13:21
Read their shipping policy on their site, it clearly says 5 days DHL express 14/21 days snail mail , nothing about 3 days. This is all a little bit unfair to a company that has an exemplary track record , yes by all means have a little whinge if they are 3/4 days late, but to call them Scammers is someone just being hysterical.

I believe it a little harsh to call them scammers.

But I to have a very similar issue right here in the US. I ordered my lenses almost 3 weeks ago, and I also paid for expedited shipping to Miami Florida. I ordered way before there first ship date of 22Sept, and 2 weeks before there ship date of 29Sept. Yet all I have gotten is a USPS tracking number from 2 weeks ago that clearly says it has not been dropped off yet. But others that ordered after me in another country are getting theirs. I am not upset with those that are receiving theirs. In fact I am happy for them. All I want is for Polarpro to tell me why I am not getting mine.

For the comment of have you called, I have called "MANY" times, there is only and answering machine.

Now I honestly get the posters concerns, but I still will not call them scammers. Actually, as long as they tell me what is up with my shipment and ship it, I will continue to do business with them. But that is only because in the past they have been a great stand up company.

In the past I have ordered well over $1000 of there products. Mostly from best buy, and for the most part it has all been good quality. This time I ordered $260 worth of filters, and I see that some of these filters are already shipping on Amazon. Actually I even ordered a set (small set) on Amazon today to see if I get them before the ones I ordered from Polarpro.

Also please understand that the poster is correct, this is not a DHL problem. DHL cannot deliver something to you if they don't have it in there hands to deliver it. I mean I don't think they have a "Star Trek (replicator) matter generator" or a special 3d printer that prints Polarpro filters and packaging. But maybe they do.
This is straight from USPS:
Tracking Number: 9405-------------------------------32

Your package is on its way to a USPS facility. Sign up to get updates, and we'll send you a delivery date and time when available.

StatusPre-Shipment
September 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
COSTA MESA, CA 92627

2018-10-2
Use props
fans30a1230a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tracked down the owners email and got an almost immediate response...it was cut and paste and addressed to someone else but it was a response...

No help on getting my order straightened out but did get it cancelled and the PayPal refund hit my account not too long after...

try it: jeff overall <Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com>
2018-10-2
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3
United States

fans30a1230a Posted at 2018-10-2 14:13
I tracked down the owners email and got an almost immediate response...it was cut and paste and addressed to someone else but it was a response...

No help on getting my order straightened out but did get it cancelled and the PayPal refund hit my account not too long after...

Thanks for the information. And I am very upset with them right now. But I don't think we should be posting the owners personal email address just yet. I mean we are just talking about filters.
2018-10-2
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-2 14:11
sounds like internal issue at polar pro from all the various complaints about delayed shipping or not being picked up for delivery.

They just did refund me my shipping charges. I didn't even ask. But they still haven't answered my emails. So they are trying to do something. But I really just want straight forward answers and I would most likely be happy for a minute at least.
2018-10-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I can't help but to conclude that a few people on here are overly nervous and show a repeated behavior of unnecessarily dramatising things, just my honest observation.
2018-10-2
Use props
Stan1915
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered on Sunday, the package shipped on Monday, and it shows that it will be delivered on Thursday.
2018-10-2
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Yeah definitely DJI direct or Best Buy local buy.  
2018-10-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Richdon Posted at 2018-10-2 14:12
I believe it a little harsh to call them scammers.

But I to have a very similar issue right here in the US. I ordered my lenses almost 3 weeks ago, and I also paid for expedited shipping to Miami Florida. I ordered way before there first ship date of 22Sept, and 2 weeks before there ship date of 29Sept. Yet all I have gotten is a USPS tracking number from 2 weeks ago that clearly says it has not been dropped off yet. But others that ordered after me in another country are getting theirs. I am not upset with those that are receiving theirs. In fact I am happy for them. All I want is for Polarpro to tell me why I am not getting mine.

I’ll take your last point first, DHL can’t deliver the product if they don’t have it. If I book DHL which is the only way I can organize them , then I expect them to call that’s what they do.
Yes PP is responsible for the delivery , but you will also see OP was responded toon 25th by PP, what the situation is I don’t know, but also a bit early to call others Scammers.

I also have ordered on day of Mavic release, but was told shipping would not take place until 22/09, if I was not happy with this they would refund straight away, not the actions of someone preparing a scam.

The title is as of now totally misleading and hysterical to say the least, by all means post that it looks like Filters might arrive late and CS has been slow, I have just emailed PP to see if they have a response to this and will report back if I do or don’t get a reply .

I also read both here and other forums that many are starting to receive their filters, another good sign that we are not being scammed.

Yes we are all entitled to complain but to try to tarnish the reputation of a company, that has a really good reputation, just because you can is not right.
2018-10-2
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I have ordered from them at least three times with no issues. Got the M2P filters three days after the shipping date. Good luck.
2018-10-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-2 14:35
I’ll take your last point first, DHL can’t deliver the product if they don’t have it. If I book DHL which is the only way I can organize them , then I expect them to call that’s what they do.
Yes PP is responsible for the delivery , but you will also see OP was responded toon 25th by PP, what the situation is I don’t know, but also a bit early to call others Scammers.

Thank you for this dear friend and OP should really consider more carefully titles and contents of threads he chooses to open or comment on, this is by far not the first misleading one.
2018-10-2
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-10-2 14:11

Exactly, my point. More and more companies today are getting arrogant and think they can threat their customers whatever way they like.
Regardless of why the package still havent been shipped, there is still no excuse about the fact that they refuse to respond to any of the many emails sent the past week.

Scammers per defintion is something else, but i felt the right to use the term for this kind of customer service, to manipulate and increase sales.
2018-10-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-10-2 14:29
I can't help but to conclude that a few people on here are overly nervous and show a repeated behavior of unnecessarily dramatising things, just my honest observation.

they are having issues lately it seems though, so cant blame people for being nervous especially the OP who spent a pretty penny.   

if you can order from amazon warehouse, or can pickup at a local store, this is by far the best method to ensure you get your items timely or a refund if all else fails.

2018-10-2
Use props
fans30a1230a
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Richdon Posted at 2018-10-2 14:18
Thanks for the information. And I am very upset with them right now. But I don't think we should be posting the owners personal email address just yet. I mean we are just talking about filters.

Note that that is his business email...

a business owner needs to know what's happening with his company and his customer base...with his people not answering email or voicemails do you really think that the full picture is getting to him?

as a business owner for many years I know I'd appreciate knowing that my customer base was not being taken care of...
2018-10-2
Use props
jffry7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

OP: What did you purchase from PP, does it include a Gradient Filter for M2P? The reason I asked I was in the same boat previously (cant remember which thread it was here). My preorder was way back in Aug 31 and it suppose to ship Sept 22 but never got any feedback so I contact them and also got a pre-shipment notice but item was nowhere to be found. I contacted Dan again and apparently there was a big delay in the gradient filter being pushed back due to large amount of preorder. Now thats not our fault and Dan admitted that they should have informed all the customer earlier. But to compensate for my lose, he refunded the shipping and and sent my order (without the gradient filter) via Express DHL shipping. He then added that they will ship the Gradient as soon as it arrives, tho that wont be earlier than Oct 12 which is the new tentative ETA.

I know PP is not without fault but to calling them monkey business when they provide excellent product and try to provide better customer service is totally uncalled for. I cant comment on him posting FB and not updating us but I think there is a more serious reason behind it all. My point is they are not without fault like any company (DJI ahem) but lets not make this into another 1" sensor drama.
2018-10-2
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I feel sure they will expedite the shipping when they have product to ship. Seems like they have some supply issues that were not expected. My order has been on pre-shipment for a week too.
2018-10-2
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-2 14:35

Please go back and look at "MY" post. I also said I WOULD NOT call them scammers.

I also stated that I like them as a company.

So I am not really sure where you are going with this.

What I did say is that I understand his frustration because something similar has happened to me with polar pro. (just because I understand his frustration does not mean I agree with everything he is saying)

Also I am the Operation Manager for a very successful company, and  I work with DHL, USPS, FEDEX, and UPS and numerous trucking companies everyday. They DO NOT "CALL YOU" to pickup a package. (They do not have ESP, They do not know you need a package picked up). You either call them to schedule a pickup, or you have a daily pickup already scheduled. The only time they will call you is if they cannot find you or something of that nature. But I am going to assume that they know where polarpro is located. Most likely they have been there numerous times so they can find them quite easily.

Sorry Rant Coming....... Let me say never did I mention that I believe they are scamming. No to the contrary I think they have to much going on and they got caught up because the demand is much higher than they ever anticipated.

NO where did "I" tarnish this companies reputation. I have only spoken facts. In "FACT" I have been defending them. Even in this thread I have defended. I want to treat them fairly just as I want to be treated fairly. Still as far as filters they are my first choice and I can promise even after this they will remain my first choice. Just in the future I will most like order from Bestbuy or Amazon.

I have said numerous times in numerous places that polarpro is a great company. I have sent them emails stating just that. And I still feel that way.

PS. If you haven't already seen it, I believe Polarpro as a whole is a great company. I've been buying from them for 2+years. Never bought a drone or gopro filter from any other company until earlier today. I personally think they are currently just a victim of there overall great business, model. But me saying this now, I need you to understand I do not want them to loose any new customers because of the way I a seasoned customer is getting handled. Me I'm willing to give Polarpro another chance. I like them and there business model. But I can promise you that someone new to Polarpro that gets handled the way I currently am will never do business with them again. So in that since I am helping them, and I honestly hope for nothing but the best for this awesome company.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HEAVILY EDITED Everything above this statement: This Post has been heavily Edited: the reason being Polarpro has shipped out part of my order. They contacted me last night via email to explain what the original issue was. You can call me a sucker but based on their previous track record of trustworthyness I will trust them this time as well. And as I have always said Polarpro still has my business, and that is simply because as far as I can tell; even with this current slip up they are the best at what they do.

Semper Fidelis
Richdon

2018-10-2
Use props
Richdon
lvl.3

fans30a1230a Posted at 2018-10-2 15:24
Note that that is his business email...

a business owner needs to know what's happening with his company and his customer base...with his people not answering email or voicemails do you really think that the full picture is getting to him?

I agree with you, and you are right about what you said. COMPLETELY. But

Now that you have given all of us "NUTCASES" his personal business email it will most likely get bombarded by SPAM which is not going to help. Trust me I am Operation Manager for one company and CEO/founder of numerous companies. SPAM in my work email is perhaps one of the most annoying parts of my day. It cuts production drastically.

So I guess what I am saying is that you found the email, and for you to send him an email and inform him is fine. That is one person. But for all of us nutcases to do the same, that could be a problem.
2018-10-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules