Mavic 2 Prop Cage?
4166 20 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Hennesey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114350 ft
United States

I may be flying in a tight space soon and was researching the prop cages - neat idea.  Does anyone know if they fit the Mavic 2 Pro?  Are they still order-able?

Thanks in advance,
John
2018-10-2
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

That accessory is not compatible with the Mavic 2.
2018-10-2
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

Frankly I'll be a little surprised if you see them for the Mavic 2 any time soon. The propeller cages weren't a big hit because besides being expensive, they cut flight time in half and greatly increase the drone's noise due to the extra weight and slightly smaller propellers that necessitate higher motor RPMs.
2018-10-2
Use props
Pequodd
lvl.2
Australia

There's always the Mavic 2 Prop Guards on DJI's Store. Flight time is still going to take a hit.
2018-10-2
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I never had prop cages for my MP1 because I didn't like the idea of having to carry around extra bulk, but I've come to realize that they have their purpose and I will be getting some for the M2P if available.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi John, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Unfortunately, the propeller guards from the previous Mavic is not compatible to Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.
2018-10-4
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-4 07:23
Hi John, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Unfortunately, the propeller guards from the previous Mavic is not compatible to Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I see the prop guards are currently out of stock - is there an expected back in stock date?  I would love to purchase them from DJI directly, but would like to get an idea how long the wait is.

John
2018-10-4
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I see the prop guards are currently out of stock - is there an expected back in stock date?  I would love to purchase them from DJI directly, but would like to get an idea how long the wait is.

John
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Hennesey Posted at 2018-10-4 09:13

John

Hi John, I strongly suggest clicking the 'IN STOCK REMINDER" for you to be notified. Thank you for your continued support.

2018-10-4
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ve used prop cages on the mavic and trust me, you don’t want or need them...
2018-10-4
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-10-4 11:47
I’ve used prop cages on the mavic and trust me, you don’t want or need them...

What is bad about them? I haven't owned any yet.  I wouldn't use them on a long flight, but I thought they'd be perfect to put on when taking a picture while flying dangerously close to something. Ive been in a situation where I need to back up a few feet to fit my subject into frame, but backing up meant flying about a foot from a building.
2018-10-4
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2018-10-4 19:22
What is bad about them? I haven't owned any yet.  I wouldn't use them on a long flight, but I thought they'd be perfect to put on when taking a picture while flying dangerously close to something. Ive been in a situation where I need to back up a few feet to fit my subject into frame, but backing up meant flying about a foot from a building.

Are you talking about prop guards? If so then they work ok, if you are talking about the cages then I do not recommend them...
2018-10-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Different props and arms so will not be compatible
2018-10-5
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-10-5 02:55
Are you talking about prop guards? If so then they work ok, if you are talking about the cages then I do not recommend them...

Oh okay. I didn't know there were two different types. Thank you.
2018-10-5
Use props
fans5eb7b6ae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2221 ft
United States

The original poster asked about the propeller 'cage' not the propeller 'guard'
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans5eb7b6ae Posted at 2018-10-10 09:52
The original poster asked about the propeller 'cage' not the propeller 'guard'

Hi, propeller guards and cage are not compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Hennesey Posted at 2018-10-4 09:13

John

Hi John, kindly click the In Stock Reminder for you to be notified on your email. Thank you for your continued support.
2018-10-11
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly WHEN will the prop guards be in stock?  I have had a standing order for more than two months and have had no notice as to when they will be in stock.  I don't believe they have ever made it to market yet.
2018-10-11
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-11 02:23
Hi John, kindly click the In Stock Reminder for you to be notified on your email. Thank you for your continued support.

Do you have an estimate as to when they will be available for purchase?
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Hennesey Posted at 2018-10-11 04:47
Do you have an estimate as to when they will be available for purchase?

Hi John, you may try to reach online sales support for more information. Thank you.

2018-10-11
Use props
fansdceb5c97
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2640577 ft
United States

I think DJI is going to need to come up with some sort of NEW propeller cages with the new FAA "Flight Over People : Category 2" ruling. It will allow flight over people for this small of a drone as long as there are no potential issues with "lacerations" from the props upon impact.
Hopefully if DJI does not rush to market with it...maybe someone like PolarPro will. Fingers crossed that they get something to market before the rule gets passed.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules