1536 5 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leotreks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351982 ft
Germany

Hello!
Prior the buying of the Osmo mobile 2 I knew that Android users would have significantly less features available in comparison to IOS users. I still bought it even knowing that I would not be able to use (at least now) several features like Slow Motion, manual adjustments, burst mode etc.

However, as my phone was listed as a compatible device (GALAXY S8) I thought that everything else would run smoothly, but it doesn't.

Bluetooth disconnection does happen sometimes, but the most annoying thing is the black lines on Long Exposure mode. This apparently happens in several models and not just "a few" as said before. I have tested this problem also with the S7, S5 and a Huaweii from a friend which I'm not sure the model, but imo this is already a lot!
If any Android user is considering to buy it, be aware of this instability. It is unbelievable how this problems still haven't been properly addressed.
Any updates from the DJI on when can we get what we actually paid for?
Any more Android users experiencing issues as well?

Thanks in advance.

Long Exposure shot on brand new Galaxy s8

Long Exposure shot on brand new Galaxy s8
2018-10-3
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I face the same issue, make me think of getting one iOs device just for DJI products. Seems iOS not only DJI being supported more than Android out there
2018-10-4
Use props
leotreks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351982 ft
Germany

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-10-4 07:25
I face the same issue, make me think of getting one iOs device just for DJI products. Seems iOS not only DJI being supported more than Android out there

Hey @Optimus_Prime, can you let us know the model of your phone?

I have absolutely no problems whatsoever using Android with any other products of DJI, just this one but honestly, I do think it's sort of unacceptable a company this big release a product with so many flaws in the Android system. Although it is understandable that the range of devices of Android is huge, which makes portability and development harder for different phones.. but I expect that newer models with the latest Android should work! I do feel tricked.
But the piece itself, hardware-wise, is fantastic. Truly an amazing device, I'm impressed and that's why I won't return but really would appreciate an answer from DJI regarding fixing those issues.
2018-10-4
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

leotreks Posted at 2018-10-4 19:10
Hey @Optimus_Prime, can you let us know the model of your phone?

I have absolutely no problems whatsoever using Android with any other products of DJI, just this one but honestly, I do think it's sort of unacceptable a company this big release a product with so many flaws in the Android system. Although it is understandable that the range of devices of Android is huge, which makes portability and development harder for different phones.. but I expect that newer models with the latest Android should work! I do feel tricked.

I mainly use my Galaxy S7 G930FD and Galaxy Note FE N935F which are running 8.0.0. I did not know why there is not slow motion or burst shot on them. DJI on Twitter told me due to limitation of manufacturers themselves about camera apis or something so they can't give fully support. I use it for my Mavic Air too.
2018-10-4
Use props
Marko Cvetković
New
Flight distance : 10725 ft
Serbia

I have the same problem, lines are annoying and long exposure is useless...  I use samsung s9plus...  for slowmo I use samsung cam and it's ok. I hope lines will disappear soon with new update... but I can always buy new gimbal
2019-1-10
Use props
Henning78
lvl.1

Germany

Hi

are there any solution for this problem.
Because i have a Huawei P20 pro with the same problem.
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules