MAVIC 2 POOR RADIO CHANNEL QUALITY
6325 34 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raiderfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>

To all mavic 2 pilots.............open your AIRCRAFT STATUS SCREEN scroll down to RADIO CANNEL QUALITY tell us is you have a GOOD or POOR signal.  This is an issue that needs to be addresses ASAP.  
DJI ...............HELP............Please dont ask what device are we useing.

2018-10-3
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

don't understand the problem. Is that your mavic 2?
2018-10-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same POOR status on mine. and yes it is on the Mavic 2 pro.
2018-10-4
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

Same here.  GOOD/POOR status seems to just depend on which way the wind blows.  I'm testing mine under pretty consistent conditions I believe........
I've had RC disconnects in DUAL channel mode and single 2.4 Ghz........haven't tried 5.8 by itself yet.........
Have yet to have mine disconnect with just the RC connected only but I understand others have........
2018-10-4
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

It's been like that on mine and yet I reach almost 5.4 miles lol
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we have the screenshot of your concern? What is the current firmware of your aircraft and RC? Are you using a dual remote controller? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-4
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-4 12:07
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we have the screenshot of your concern? What is the current firmware of your aircraft and RC? Are you using a dual remote controller? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

DJI Tony everything is updated  and current why would i have two remote controllers?.......Are you a robot AI ..........Administrator.  All the administrators questions seem to be the same.......
2018-10-4
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this line of sight or with trees and cables and electrical interfearence? I'm troubleshooting same issue now, can only get 1000 feet or less line of sight but I am supplying DJI with whatever information they ask for. Not telling them to ask what device I am using.
2018-10-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2018-10-4 18:43
Is this line of sight or with trees and cables and electrical interfearence? I'm troubleshooting same issue now, can only get 1000 feet or less line of sight but I am supplying DJI with whatever information they ask for. Not telling them to ask what device I am using.

Just sitting there before take off, I get Poor reception.  which is better to 2.4 or 5.8?
and I am using an iphone, ipad and ipad mini which all have updated software and M2 firmware is also updated to the latest and greatest.

2018-10-4
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-10-4 18:59
Just sitting there before take off, I get Poor reception.  which is better to 2.4 or 5.8?
and I am using an iphone, ipad and ipad mini which all have updated software and M2 firmware is also updated to the latest and greatest.

I happens on both 2.4 and 5.8 and dual channel.  
2018-10-4
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2018-10-4 18:43

Line of site.  I start loosing video signal at about 1200 -1500 feet.  I have sent my mavic zoom in for service for this very reason.  
2018-10-4
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Had POOR yesterday indoors, but since i went outside - airplane mode on smartphone - the status was GOOD.
2018-10-5
Use props
scumface
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123412 ft
  • >>>
United States

yup, have the same problem. it always seems to go away. have had success by turning AC on first that RC.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-4 18:33
DJI Tony everything is updated  and current why would i have two remote controllers?.......Are you a robot AI ..........Administrator.  All the administrators questions seem to be the same.......

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. We may need the details, in order for us to clarify the scenario and coordinate it to the right department for us to help you as well. Please provide your app version and firmware for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-4 19:23
Line of site.  I start loosing video signal at about 1200 -1500 feet.  I have sent my mavic zoom in for service for this very reason.

Which device are you using to fly the drone?
It depends A LOT on the device that you are using!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-5
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So, what would be my next plan of action/test to get more then 1000+ feet without disconnects of video? I took several screen shots of the signal, but don't see where it says POOR anywhere. Hey, I just wanna fly my brand new drone to maybe at least HALF the advertised distance. Is that so hard?

2018-10-6
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2018-10-6 18:11
So, what would be my next plan of action/test to get more then 1000+ feet without disconnects of video? I took several screen shots of the signal, but don't see where it says POOR anywhere. Hey, I just wanna fly my brand new drone to maybe at least HALF the advertised distance. Is that so hard?

[view_image]

Did another line of site and put it on 5.8ghz and was able for the first time go over 1000 feet. I got up to 5400 feet then the video started to drop out. A bird that advertises miles in distance and only getting 5400 feet is still pretty lousy. Add some trees and buildings and video distance crunches down to less then a mile. How the heck did DJI get their specs out of this at 7Km? No way. So if I can’t even get 1 mile with a prestine line of sight no choice but to open ticket and send it to DJI to have a look. Reading on here users getting 3 - 4 miles is upsetting since I can’t even get a solid 1 mile over perfect conditions. Damn.
Can users that get miles distance and good video connection please post a screen shot and your settings of the bird?
2018-10-10
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 'POOR' / 'GOOD' radio status is under the main menu that you reach by pressing on the aircraft signal status (top left of the Go4 app screen) where it says something like: Ready to Go (GPS).  Mine seems to switch randomly between strengths though it doesn't appear to obviously affect the flight range distance or make it noticeably worse (I'll keep an eye on that).

Purely for interest, if you live and fly in the UK the signal strength is legally limited anyway (it's really bad compared to the United States, for example).  The UK is currently forced to adopt the European CE transmitter strength power output for hobby model aircraft, which is 25mW compared to the U.S. FCC strength of 200mW.  DJI use different tech for their Lightbridge/Ocusync signal parameters, but the UK and Europe still get a weaker signal strength compared to most other locations. For example, I'm pretty lucky if I can fly a single mile without the transmitter loosing connection when flying at 300ft / 92m height over a small village (small trees, small houses and open fields) whilst I'm stood out in the open.  It's been that way with my Phantom, the Mavic Pro and now the Mavic 2 Pro.  To fly to 2-3 miles in the UK you generally have to be in an area with absolutely zero interference and usually over water.
2018-10-10
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I was over water, complete line of site and tried different altitudes. Went through 6 fully charged batteries that day for testing since it was a real nice quiet day. The lake I was at went on for about 3-4 miles, I could only reach about a mile of it and %100 of the time video would drop. I've tried iPad Air2. Iphone7, Android Galaxy, different cables, refreshed firmware on all devices. Calibrated the IMU and compass couple of times. Made sure my antenna sticks were in the right positions. Maybe when DJI comes out with new birds they spec out the distances in REAL LIFE conditions. Where in the world did they get 7Km or 5 miles spec out of this one? I'd love to see that test being performed. Maybe they flew the bird with no video and used telepathy?
2018-10-12
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

I have similar issues on mine. I fix it by restarting both AC and RC. I usually power one off and then back on, then the other one. And so on until it eventually gets there
2018-10-13
Use props
AwesomerDean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1379898 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hay
Are you using goggles when your flying?
2018-10-14
Use props
fans5ee05601
lvl.1

United States

Exact same problem with my M2 Zoom....switches to poor signal strength within a minute of turning on and stays there no matter how close or far the AC is to the RC.....very frustrating....have tried everything but no improvement....even out in the country where there are no obstructions or possibility of interference..... have you got yours resolved yet?   I also own a Mavic Pro and never had these issues before.
2018-10-18
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 10-4 06:39
It's been like that on mine and yet I reach almost 5.4 miles lol

Almost 5.4 miles? I can barely hit 1 mile. How are you doing this? Can you show us a screen shot or proof of this? I've seen lots of videos, but never seen one that far out.                                                           

Thanks!
2018-11-11
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

I too have the same poor status on a Mavic 2 factory replacement that was just sent to me.
2018-11-17
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

airplane mode on ipad / smartphone and still getting Weak signal, adjust antenna to avoid signal block. only 400m away and 90m height !!!
2018-11-18
Use props
Grey bird
New
Flight distance : 15318 ft
United States

Hi DJI.  I'm having the same issue.  I lose signal with my Mavic 2 pro in about 1000 feet with no obstruction.  I get a much longer range with my first Mavic.  All firmware is updated and my drone has only had 4 flights, so practically brand new.  Please advise.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans44f4998d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mavic 2 pro with smart controller, having poor signal and drop out issue with signal loss at similar distance as other users are reporting. The original Mavic pro did not have these issues.
2019-3-1
Use props
fans44f4998d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

signal loss at 1000 feet distance. loses video feed and loses signal. aircraft disconnects from contorller and returns to home. Dji please respond
2019-3-1
Use props
fans44f4998d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm also having an issue with the camera shifting during flight on the mavic 2 pro.
The gimbal shifts the camera from the horizon and it tilts down on it's own during flight.
It happens often and is very annoying as each time you have to correct the gimbal position and it interupt's filming and ruins shots.
Dji please respond, this is an unacceptable error and needs to be corrected
2019-3-1
Use props
fans3912223b
lvl.1
United States

if i check my channel status it says not available. I can fly my mavic 2 pro but i get no picture. my drone is linked but i get no video. It was working and just stopped in mid-flight
2019-5-11
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Pretty much everyone who operates in CE mode has this problem. I upgraded my antennae to the titan switch 3 watt boosted system and I get 10 kilometer flights with no problem, even at 5 km distant I still have 5 bars of video and rc signal. If you want distance, I would urge you to upgrade to a boosted system, it will burn through any background interference.

2019-5-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just like to stick to up to 700m from where I fly w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom and less than 200m w/ the Spark.

I've gone as far out to 1700m w/ the Spark towards the ocean but in neighborhoods w/ buildings in the way it will cut out at 300-500m facing it.

I haven't experienced an RTH due to signal loss w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom but I went 2000m out where the Spark cut out at 1000m.  At 2000m w/ the Zoom I stopped because I felt it was already mega far along the beach area.

I also had some cut outs w/ the Spark even not too far out which sucks.
2019-5-13
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 5-13 06:21
I just like to stick to up to 700m from where I fly w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom and less than 200m w/ the Spark.

I've gone as far out to 1700m w/ the Spark towards the ocean but in neighborhoods w/ buildings in the way it will cut out at 300-500m facing it.

Being in the USA you get FCC mode, our european CE mode gives a lot less transmission power.
2019-5-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 5-14 07:17
Being in the USA you get FCC mode, our european CE mode gives a lot less transmission power.

damn, that sux
2019-5-14
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Max transmission distance in FCC mode for the RC is 8000 meters, 5000 meters in CE mode, but that is if there is an unobstructed line of site and no electromagnetic interference. In CE mode at 5.8 ghz the transmission power is 14 dbm, that is 25 milliwatts. At 2.4ghz CE mode is 20dbm which is 100 milliwatts or a tenth of a watt. FCC mode at 2.4 ghz is 26dbm which is 398 milliwatts , four times the transmission power of CE mode.
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules