Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Don't buy batteries (for Mavic) unless you plan on using them soon.
1073 9 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wxperson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 788973 ft
United States

I purchased a couple of extra batteries while they were on sale (DJI via amazon) last fall. I did not use them until recently and both of them "died" within a month or so... with different problems. Only 6 uses on one of them.

Since the warranty on the battery is only 6 months I am not able to replace them under warranty.

So.. my advise is in the subject of this post. Don't buy extra batteries unless you need them soon.
2018-10-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

All DJI batteries need to be maintained even when you're not actively using them. If you follow the tips in the guide below, your batteries should last a long time.

HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI drone batteries
2018-10-4
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

msinger Posted at 2018-10-4 09:04
All DJI batteries need to be maintained even when you're not actively using them. If you follow the tips in the guide below, your batteries should last a long time.

Good advice. Thank you.
2018-10-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-4 09:04

Wonder whether sellers of DJI batteries un-box them every month to check batteries' power levels, as described in HOW TO?
2018-10-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-4 09:35
Wonder whether sellers of DJI batteries un-box them every month to check batteries' power levels, as described in HOW TO?

They are most likely rotating them and selling through them. Some stock certainly could be getting stale though. That's most likely why people sometimes complain about new DOA batteries.
2018-10-4
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

This is the only RC hobby where it seems the majority of people do not bother to learn about Lipo batteries and how to care for then. It's not the same as the AA batteries in your Xbox controller
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Regarding your concern, all batteries should need to be maintained and it needs to be discharged. You may check the link from post #2 for more guidelines. If you have any concern, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-4
Use props
wxperson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 788973 ft
United States

SO... I guess make sure you don't buy Mavic batteries that have been on the shelf "boxed" for a while.  I purchased them late in 2017 and they stayed in the box until the mid summer.  shortly after taking them out of the box.
2018-10-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

wxperson Posted at 2018-10-4 12:28
SO... I guess make sure you don't buy Mavic batteries that have been on the shelf "boxed" for a while.  I purchased them late in 2017 and they stayed in the box until the mid summer.  shortly after taking them out of the box.

One of few times you may want an "opened" box?
If box is dusty, batteries may be crusty.  
2018-10-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-4 11:58
This is the only RC hobby where it seems the majority of people do not bother to learn about Lipo batteries and how to care for then. It's not the same as the AA batteries in your Xbox controller

Possibly chalk it up to confusion between Lithium batteries, rechargeable Li-Ion, and rechargeable Li-Po used in Mavic.
Similar confusion seen with old Nickle Cadmium rechargeables and Nickle Hydride rechargeables.  People charging them incorrectly and attempting to use wrong chargers.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules