Battery Issue
12Next >
3997 61 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

I am a new owner of a Phantom 2 Vision...I have flown my bird 4 times.  On two of those flights, I have received a bettery error which ends up showing that I have no time left to fly...anyone else experiencing this?
2015-6-1
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

How much time did you get out of the battery. Have you plunged into the assistant to see what the info on the battery shows?
2015-6-1
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

What is the error message?
2015-6-1
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-2 04:28
How much time did you get out of the battery. Have you plunged into the assistant to see what the in ...

I have not plugged in to the assistant, I will do that this evening...I still got approximately 25 minutes of flight time even though the dji app said that I had 1 minute of time remaining...
2015-6-3
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-6-2 05:12
What is the error message?

Connection error...I will get more info this evening.
2015-6-3
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

wow!!  25 minutes!!

I just used a new-ish fully charged batt and it started complaining 30% left and I landed -  after 13 minutes!!!
2015-6-3
Use props
Stone
New

United States

This happened to me a couple flights ago. I got a current discharge warning and the status bar had a blank where the number should have been. I had been working normally up until then and had since returned to normal. Still, it's disconcerting.
2015-6-3
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

Stone Posted at 2015-6-4 10:34
This happened to me a couple flights ago. I got a current discharge warning and the status bar had a ...

really disconcerting...the last thing that I want is to have the quad fall from the sky, or worse yet, take off to points unknown, never to be seen again...
2015-6-4
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

yorlik Posted at 2015-6-4 07:09
wow!!  25 minutes!!

I just used a new-ish fully charged batt and it started complaining 30% left an ...

it was very odd...I received the error only about 2 minutes into the flight...at that point I brought it in closer and continued to fly it very close to my current vicinity at a low altitude and the battery lasted approximately 25 minutes even though it said that I had 1 minute remaining...scary, I just don't want to lose this quad...my wife would wring my neck.  :-)
2015-6-4
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-2 04:28
How much time did you get out of the battery. Have you plunged into the assistant to see what the in ...

OK, so I have plugged into the quad, there are no error messages that I can see and the battery checks out OK...running at 99% after 5 uses.  I haven't had another failure during the last couple of flights...if I have another failure, I will report the error message here.
2015-6-8
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

greensurvivorwa Posted at 2015-6-9 08:44
OK, so I have plugged into the quad, there are no error messages that I can see and the battery ch ...

Green,

You may want to take a look at the spring loaded pins on the bird and the little square gold plates on the battery. Make sure they're clean. You can use an electronics cleaner and a q-tip to clean them off. A lot of people think this is where many problems occur, if contact is lost between the pins and the plates. Just a suggestion.

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-10 22:48
Green,

You may want to take a look at the spring loaded pins on the bird and the little square go ...

Thanks Jerry.
2015-6-15
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue and I have contact cleaner and i bought Deoxit Gold and still battery error. firmware is up to date also...    ?dl=0
2015-6-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RickyD15 Posted at 2015-6-16 06:20
I'm having the same issue and I have contact cleaner and i bought Deoxit Gold and still battery erro ...

What error message are you getting?
2015-6-15
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-16 08:55

I get the Invalid Battery alarm also on my Phantom2 Vision+ Ver. 3 with all of the latest firmware updates, I have 2 batteries that came with the Phantom (purchased in March or April) from B&H and 2 new batteries from B&H I just received.
The original batteries have 10 charges on them and the new batteries have 2 charges. I see this warning sometimes when connected to the Assistant software and sometimes during flight. Not all the time though. MC DATA ERROR! MCU INVALID BATTERY ERROR! This is what I got last night doing a 360 Deg. yaw. Is this something to be concerned about. It just pops up and disappears.
Has anyone figured this out yet. I clean the terminals and contacts with a q-tip and contact cleaner often.
2015-6-16
Use props
lucass34
lvl.2
Spain

I have battery problems too! During the flight it shows on my app, ex: 73% battery left, but the digits turn red,  I get the battery low alarm, and it auto lands.
2015-6-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

greensurvivorwa Posted at 2015-6-5 01:49
really disconcerting...the last thing that I want is to have the quad fall from the sky, or worse  ...

I agree on falling out of sky,

I would not fly that long again unless you are willing to see it do just that.

after 20 to 30% battery level anything can happen, sudden power drops to low levels etc.

I would say most fly 13 to 18 minutes to be safe.
2015-6-16
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-16 08:55

Invalid battery
2015-6-16
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

I wonder how many other people are getting this error and don't notice it, I always record my Android screen using Mobizen and review the flights later. Usually just pops up then disappears.
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-6-16 18:58
I get the Invalid Battery alarm also on my Phantom2 Vision+ Ver. 3 with all of the latest firmware ...

I will look into it more.

What are you cleaning with? Maybe you are cleaning too much and doing a bit of damage?
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lucass34 Posted at 2015-6-16 20:34
I have battery problems too! During the flight it shows on my app, ex: 73% battery left, but the dig ...

Have you very cycled it? ..... Bring it down to 8% and then recharge.
2015-6-16
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-17 02:07
I will look into it more.

What are you cleaning with? Maybe you are cleaning too much and doing  ...

I clean the contact pins and pads with CRC electronic contact cleaner using a q-tip. I spray a small amount on the q-tip and rub the end of the contact tips and do the same with the contact pads on the battery using another q-tip. I also clean the main battery connections in the Phantom using the same process.
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-6-17 02:24
I clean the contact pins and pads with CRC electronic contact cleaner using a q-tip. I spray a sma ...

That is the correct way to clean them.
I asked because I have seen guys using a pencil eraser.
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I am not exactly sure why this is happening to you. Something with the way the battery is contacting the power terminal i would guess. I would keep an eye on it and if it keeps happing you should send it in for us to look at it.
2015-6-16
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wexyp ... AHMinJebnLJVTmoAiua

Battery only has been used 10 times, has 97% battery life expectancy

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q6o1s ... VpfUvcIZjgJUS0f7KIa
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RickyD15 Posted at 2015-6-17 07:25
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wexyp ... AHMinJebnLJVTmoAiua

Battery only has been used 10 times, has 9 ...

Looks like you need to call support and get a RMA number.
2015-6-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-17 04:48
I am not exactly sure why this is happening to you. Something with the way the battery is contacting ...

dave

been flying 3 phantoms for a bit now.  I have had the 73%ish battery error as well with different batteries.

mine was ' not enough battery to return home' or close.  73% and 6 minutes into flight.

all 3 batteries have about 25 cycle's, and yes I have done the 8% reset on each at appropriate time.

seriously I am afraid of the batteries.
I have confidence in my quad but am concerned about stop and drop from "smart" battery shutting itself off!
also It does seem to be software/firmware related.  look at timing of various comment patterns to firmware release dates,,

to solve this would help all of us regain confidence in our Phantoms
2015-6-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-17 21:33
dave

been flying 3 phantoms for a bit now.  I have had the 73%ish battery error as well with diff ...

It is something we are looking into, but I will bring it up again (with emphasis) at our next team meeting this week.

I know it can be frustrating for you guys. I am not just support, I am a user of DJI products also.
2015-6-17
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-17 12:04
Looks like you need to call support and get a RMA number.

So I got in contact with DJI, They gave me list of ways to kinda do a hard reset on the Wi-Fi range extender and after that i was suppose to "bind it", seems like I'm having a problem with that part, says "DJI vision was explicitly denied access to the camera", I have no idea what that means
2015-6-17
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

RickyD15 Posted at 2015-6-18 08:31
So I got in contact with DJI, They gave me list of ways to kinda do a hard reset on the Wi-Fi rang ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/up1dr1kueynxhis/IMG_3783.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8pbhid6bsz1sw1/IMG_3784.jpg?dl=0
2015-6-17
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-18 02:35
It is something we are looking into, but I will bring it up again (with emphasis) at our next team  ...

thanks

every little bit can help!
2015-6-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-18 12:03
thanks

every little bit can help!

I agree, thanks.
2015-6-18
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

Having this problem now....
?dl=0
2015-6-18
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

I'm having a problem binding my wifi extender, tried a bunch of ways, still nothing. now i also have a problem connecting to my phantom wifi after i reset it.
2015-6-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RickyD15 Posted at 2015-6-19 10:00
I'm having a problem binding my wifi extender, tried a bunch of ways, still nothing. now i also have ...

Make sure you are following the instructions on Page 21 and 22 in the user manual. If that is not working you probably have something wrong with your range extender and you will need to send it in.
2015-6-19
Use props
lucass34
lvl.2
Spain

I think my battery wasn't correctly introduced that's why i got errors! I noticed that there was a little space between the battery and drone (2 mm) so i had to push it harder , since then i had no battery problems. maybe it was a contact problem.
2015-7-11
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

DJI=Dave
Any new info on the battery issue yet?
I'm still getting the error warnings but not on every flight. They just pop up and go away.
It only happens once per flight. Does not  matter which battery (of the 4) I'm using.
I continue flying with no ill effects.
2015-7-11
Use props
wkeithk
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-18 02:35
It is something we are looking into, but I will bring it up again (with emphasis) at our next team  ...

I have just begun to have the same pop up warning.  It started after I upgraded to 3.14.  Seriously, I think 3.08 has been the most stable for me.
2015-8-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lucass34 Posted at 2015-7-11 18:12
I think my battery wasn't correctly introduced that's why i got errors! I noticed that there was a l ...

Yes that can cause it.
2015-8-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules