Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-7-12 01:47
DJI=Dave
Any new info on the battery issue yet?
I'm still getting the error warnings but not on eve ...

No new info yet. Sorry!
2015-8-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

wkeithk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-10 23:17
I have just begun to have the same pop up warning.  It started after I upgraded to 3.14.  Seriousl ...

We are still checking into it.
2015-8-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

wkeithk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-10 23:17
I have just begun to have the same pop up warning.  It started after I upgraded to 3.14.  Seriousl ...

2015-8-10
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-11 07:32

Keep us informed.
2015-8-26
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

I am still having the battery issue...get a quick error during flight, lights all turn to red for a second or two then back to the normal red and green.  After this occurs, I no longer have minutes of flying time remaining that shows up but the graphic is still there...I just don't want it to return to home if I have 15 minutes of time left to fly...
2015-10-12
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

This have worked for me.
Solder just a bit of communication contacts.
010058lt1akagzdk48tg8d.jpg
2015-10-12
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

jonnybgood.olss Posted at 2015-10-13 02:26
This have worked for me.
Solder just a bit of communication contacts.

This still working?
2015-10-13
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

Last time yes :-)
But in Sweden we have bad weather al the time now.
So iam waiting for right time to fly again.
I want to test it on higher altitude to :-)

Be back ;-)
2015-10-13
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

Hello.
i have now make a couple of flight with zero problems.
Test to stress my drone but the battery problem never shows :-)
So test u to if u have battery com. problem. only solder a little on the communications pin.
I do not know if this error also explains the disturbances I had sometimes the image that sometimes disappeared.
But that problem has also disappeared after this action.
I expect to have to add a little solder after a number of flights again.
Remains to be seen.
2015-10-18
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

jonnybgood.olss Posted at 2015-10-18 11:46
Hello.
i have now make a couple of flight with zero problems.
Test to stress my drone but the batter ...

I need to take a closer look at these pads to see if they can be spread out toward the pins some. I suspect pin contact pressure is the problem we are having.
2015-10-24
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

Still work :-)
Today i was flying fast and hard turn without any problems :-)

So my tips maby help other if you hav the same issue ;-)
2015-10-25
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

Hi, new to the forum and my Phantom 2 vision. Was flying a bit today to get a hang of it and got a couple of scares with battery warning on batt 1, but nothing more. Got a "normal" batt warning at 30% and went back and landed.. Changed battery and off I went again, didn't think that much of it. At around 49% I got a "battery error. Cell voltage protection error. Damaged cell warning" ?????? Sounds seriuos so I started heading back when suddenly the green lights turned red, flashing fast. 2nd level batt warning? Hurried home and the lights turned back to a calming slow flashing green again. Puh, I thought and before you knew it, it started flashing red again. Got a low batt warning from the transmitter and the battnumbers had turned red, don't remeber how low but 20% had vanished just like that. All the way home the lights went from green to red and back. Landed with 1,5 green bars on the battery left. What the heck just happened? I had maybe 10 flights total, 5 charges per battery. I have a hard time thinking that both batteries have gone bad. Is there an issue with DJI batteries or is this a software related problem?
Going to try it again tomorrow, darkness has arrived here in Sweden so there isn't that many hours per day to fly.  I'll be back tomorrow....
2015-10-26
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

benke.bona@gmai Posted at 2015-10-26 18:26
Hi, new to the forum and my Phantom 2 vision. Was flying a bit today to get a hang of it and got  ...

Thats sounds scarry :-(
Many problems can be caused by bad connections, looseness of communication pins.
Test my tips to solder a little on the battery side.
2015-10-26
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

Hi, thanks, Ill try that. Have cleaned the "plates" and I will see what happens tomorrow..... Is there any way of checking to see if the batteries are going dead?  I charge alot of LiPo batteries and you can easily check the individual cells if they are ok or not. But is there a way with DJI's batteries?
2015-10-26
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

I think that u can check that in the program u use when u connect the drone to your computer.
Only cleaning the plates didnt help me .
Therefor i solder it.
2015-10-27
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

Made a couple of flights today. Battery 1 that behaved kind of normal yesterday was behaving the same today, a couple of temp warnings (both high and low?) but nothing else. Flew for around 20 min with takeoff's and landing's and flying around in general, staying close in the event of something. Landed with 15% left. Battery warnings as described in the manual. Time for battery 2. Everything went ok until around 40% left when the red flashes occurred again. Still 40% in blue on the tx. Went green again and continued flying in close and the next time the red flashes appeared it went into RTH-mode and landed real smooth where it took off. So no worries there. Powered down and then on again. Everything in the green and off we go again. Recieved the normal battery warning att 30% and went back for landing. Everything ok.
Checked the batteries now as you said using the computer and they are just perfect! All the cells are very well balanced and nothing appears out of the ordinary. However, there was an update to a PC33 something and that update should improve the communication between the battery and the Phantom. Maybe the solution? I will try again tomorrow and if it doesn't turn out right then I might have to solder the damn things..... Any tips on how to solder the small plates? I 'm not used to soldering but I know how to do it.
2015-10-27
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

ok. u must use a smal tip to solder it. u may melt the plastiq oround it otherway. For me its easy , i work with service on electronics. were in sweden do u live?
2015-10-27
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

Hi again. I made one battery flight today, didn't have the time to try out both batteris but it went great! As I mentioned yesterday I updated something that should make the communication better between battery and Phantom. Today everything went perfect with battery 1. Not one single "warning" (except the normal low batt) all the way down to 17% when I touched down. It was a bit wind so I decidede to cut the day short and not try the other battery today. Battery 2 was the one that acted up alot yesterday and I will hopefully try it tomorow if the weather holds up. Hopefully this update solved my problems.
@jonnybgood: Hej, jag bor i Ronneby eller rättare sagt Listerby, en liten håla sydost om Ronneby. Var bor du själv? Kände igen filmen du gjort från RC-båthamnen i Bromölla (?).
2015-10-28
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

Flew with battery 2 today and sorry to say but the problem came back at around 40%. Flashing red lights a couple of seconds and then green again. The battery checks out in perfect condition. So I might have to try solder these plates after all.....
2015-10-29
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

ok.  I live i Bromölla so if u want help to solder it, i will help u.  mail me . could u se my email here??
2015-10-29
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

Thanks, I would really appreciate the help. Yepp, i have your email. I'll be in touch.
2015-10-29
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

benke.bona@gmai Posted at 2015-10-28 13:04
Hi again. I made one battery flight today, didn't have the time to try out both batteris but it went ...

Was the update requested by the Phantom software on the PC. Did you get a notification when you connected to the Phantom with your PC?
2015-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules