2109 15 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szacs93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4143743 ft
  • >>>

Hi,
I'm being interested if you guys are facing issues like me with the controller.
For me sometimes it happens during midflight: my controller vibrates, and the aircraft stops there, then it reconnects in less than half a second, but it is really anoying.
Maybe if we see how many of us has the same issue, DJI will do something.

Fly safe
Single SelectVote, Total 26 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It doesn’t sound right, maybe you need to get this checked out, or maybe it’s something can be sorted with FW, although it sounds like HW, it’s the vibrating thing haven’t heard of this before.
2018-10-4
Use props
Parme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508615 ft
Italy

Are you sure you have a connection loss?
Sometimes it happened to me that the drone thought there was an obstacle when there was absolutely nothing. Probably a glitch due to a lens flare on the vision sensors
2018-10-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

My thoughts exactly.

It happens from the glare of the sun , when flying from shade to sunlight.

Happens to all of us. I think its a way to make sure you are aware and alert
2018-10-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch off OA
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_qfskWmltWEAz
New
Australia

I happened to me as well, i flyed it a couple of time. But now qhen i started, the controller keep connect and disconnect to the mavic 2. I tried to reseat the usb cable , press all buttons in the controller, close all apps in the phone. However it still happnened. After a few tried, it connect then disconnect after 5 mins. Yesterday, controller connected to the mavic and disconnect midflight, i was scare as the mavic stay still in the air luckyly i was just right at my place when it happen so i manage to land it by hand. Any suggestion to return/exchange as I has it only for 2 weeks. Attachment for the screen shot when remote disconnect or failed to connect to the drone.
2018-10-4
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have noticed it a couple times it doesn't like disconnect though just a weird quick vibration and looks like the controller reconnected. Kinda strange. I maintain control of the aircraft though.
2018-10-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does it do it also on sport mode?
2018-10-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Could it be that your SmartDevice (aka iPhone / Android phone) is what is vibrating, and making it feel like your Remote Controller is vibrating?

For example: With iPhone various types of messages, alerts, and alarms can be setup to emit different tones and/or different vibrations for type.

2018-10-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Only had it happen a couple of times and I think it was the cable, not the controller
2018-10-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_qfskWmltWEAz Posted at 2018-10-4 14:09
I happened to me as well, i flyed it a couple of time. But now qhen i started, the controller keep connect and disconnect to the mavic 2. I tried to reseat the usb cable , press all buttons in the controller, close all apps in the phone. However it still happnened. After a few tried, it connect then disconnect after 5 mins. Yesterday, controller connected to the mavic and disconnect midflight, i was scare as the mavic stay still in the air luckyly i was just right at my place when it happen so i manage to land it by hand. Any suggestion to return/exchange as I has it only for 2 weeks. Attachment for the screen shot when remote disconnect or failed to connect to the drone.

How have you connected the controller? Via the little USB cable that goes in on the left side/at the charging port?
I have heard of people having cable (or rather port)  problems and DJI suggested to use the USB port at the bottom of the remote instead.
2018-10-4
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

For me at least it is doing it in every mode... I will try it this weekend, and try to capture the disconnect, because last time I saw a message on the controller some kind of controller error, but this was the first time I saw this message.
Always I recognize only the vibrations.

Back to the reactions: It happened in sport mode also, so I don't think it has anything to do with the OA, anyway, I will try to capture it on video.
2018-10-4
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-4 20:10
Could it be that your SmartDevice (aka iPhone / Android phone) is what is vibrating, and making it feel like your Remote Controller is vibrating?

For example: With iPhone various types of messages, alerts, and alarms can be setup to emit different tones and/or different vibrations for type.

yeah its the smartphone. I always fly in airplane mode and thought the RC vibrates but its DJI Go4 which triggers vibrations with upcoming alerts nowadays.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Did you receive other error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot so that I can check it on my end. May I know what mobile device, ios/android version and DJI Go 4 app you are using? If you are using Mavic 2 Pro, kindly restore the settings to factory defaults and update  firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic  : (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads). If you are referring to Mavic Air, please use this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads).  You can also follow the video tutorial below. You can provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
Mavic 2 using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic

Mavic Air using DJI Assistant

2018-10-5
Use props
szacs93
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-5 06:32
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Did you receive other error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot so that I can check it on my end. May I know what mobile device, ios/android version and DJI Go 4 app you are using? If you are using Mavic 2 Pro, kindly restore the settings to factory defaults and update  firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic  : (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads). If you are referring to Mavic Air, please use this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads).  You can also follow the video tutorial below. You can provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
Mavic 2 using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

Hey Paladin,
I faced the issue again today, but I'm not sure, if it was the same as last time. One thing I forgot to mention, It happens to me a lot of times, that the controller vibrates, and then on the phone it displays "Sport mode activated". I was in sport mode all the time.

And back to the questions: I'm speaking about the Mavic 2 Pro, and I'm using an android device (Samsung Note8).

It would be great, if you can tell me what happens if I see the below error (controller restart solved the problem).

Thanks in advance
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

szacs93 Posted at 2018-10-6 03:03
Hey Paladin,
I faced the issue again today, but I'm not sure, if it was the same as last time. One thing I forgot to mention, It happens to me a lot of times, that the controller vibrates, and then on the phone it displays "Sport mode activated". I was in sport mode all the time.

Thanks for the response. We will forward it to our engineers for further information.  Please wait for our response for further details. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules