Ronin-S Firmware V01.05.00.43 (2018.09.30)
1937 9 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>

With my Sony A6300 & E PZ 18-105 and Camera Control Cable MCC Multi: (camera and lens latest FW)
1. Zoom Speed through the controller wheel seems to be lens maximum zoom speed only (both directions).The lens is capable of different zoom speeds allowing for smooth (stepless) zooms via a controller, but this doesn't seem to be happening with this firmware.
Currently, the control seems to engage at the slightest movement of the control wheel, and also seem to be lagging behind, leading to zooming even after the control input has finished, thus causing over-zooming and the need for compensation.
But with the current control setting, small changes are hard to do as you tend to overshoot..
However,
Half-button press focus works fine.
Record (movie) works fine. Thank you.

App 1.1.4 (113)

2. Does not communicate Ronin-S firmware: 'N/A'.
Would be nice to enable gimbal firmware upgrade via app in future releases.
3. Create / Track Module:
Still no ability to push/pull camera location control points (as there is in motion timelapse), or select control points and adjust location via gimbal joystick.
This makes the whole module currently somewhat un-useable when precise motion programming is needed (core purpose).
add / edit:
4. Firmware Resease Notes:
Not sure if these are being updated lately...seem to contain old / previous information?

2018-10-4
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.3
Netherlands

Please, give us release notes.
2018-10-5
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Jesaul Posted at 2018-10-5 03:07
Please, give us release notes.

You'll find those in your DJI Assistant software where you upgrade your firmware @Jesaul!
2018-10-5
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didn't know there was a new firmware - I guess DJI not announced it yet?
2018-10-5
Use props
__.HW.__
lvl.2
Netherlands

No new firmware here.....
2018-10-5
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I was on vacation for a month and assuming / downloaded this was a normal release Version.
This might be a beta and perhaps not public release yet (sorry I cannot tell from my end and I don't have any further information..)
However, this doesn't change the content of the observations..
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AVsupport Posted at 2018-10-5 13:59
I was on vacation for a month and assuming / downloaded this was a normal release Version.
This might be a beta and perhaps not public release yet (sorry I cannot tell from my end and I don't have any further information..)
However, this doesn't change the content of the observations..

Hi AVsupport, currently, the latest firmware is v 1.5.0.40 which was released on 2018.09.20, may I know where did you get  v01.05.00.43?
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, currently, the latest firmware is v 1.5.0.40 which was released on 2018.09.20, for the future update, please note our website and we will also post an announcement in Forum, thanks for your attention.
2018-10-7
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-7 20:17
Hi AVsupport, currently, the latest firmware is v 1.5.0.40 which was released on 2018.09.20, may I know where did you get  v01.05.00.43?

Hi @DJI Mindi, it's in my downloads..as I am part of the Sony Beta tester crew, but it wasn't labelled as such hence I thought it was a normal release version..it's hard to tell because it doesn't say anywhere..
Sorry about the confusion..
(It would be nice to have a Beta section on the forum, this would help a lot..)
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AVsupport Posted at 2018-10-7 21:59
Hi @DJI Mindi, it's in my downloads..as I am part of the Sony Beta tester crew, but it wasn't labelled as such hence I thought it was a normal release version..it's hard to tell because it doesn't say anywhere..
Sorry about the confusion..
(It would be nice to have a Beta section on the forum, this would help a lot..)

Thanks for your clarification and suggestion, for the test result of the beta, please send email to RoninSBeta@dji.com, thank you.
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules