Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CinemaDNG damaged files
2101 13 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul_24M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 848369 ft
Poland

Hi.

I have a problem with my Inspire 2 with X7 camera. Some of the DNG files (almost whole one drive) have a damaged DNG pictures as shown on attachement below.

It takes one time last week, when trying to capture a sunrise in the city. There is 10 videos on the drive and all looks the same - most of the frames are damaged.

The MP4 files based on SD cards looks fine.

Take a look on video:
That day i also made some more shoots on other location (the same drive) without any problems.

Obviously i need to return to location next day and shoot it again. And then almost all files are fine, except two (2) frames only which are damaged same way.

I can also note a little flickering of the image (in highlights). Next day video: (between 16-17 second)

The MP4 files are great with no damage to any frame and no flickering.

The service needs my drone to be send for checking, but i need to make another shots before it and wondering if anyone has similar problem and know why that happened and what can i take care of to avoid it.

Thank you
Paul

vlcsnap-2018-09-29-10h46m54s392.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-09-29-10h46m56s388.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-10-02-10h25m19s284.jpg
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Paul, we are terribly sorry for what happened and the inconvenience caused to your work, may I know if you have other SSD for a test? How about formatting it and try again? If the issue persists, we will need the original footage and pictures for further analysis, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here? Besides, what is the current firmware version? Thank you in advance.
2018-10-5
Use props
Paul_24M
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-5 18:32
Paul, we are terribly sorry for what happened and the inconvenience caused to your work, may I know if you have other SSD for a test? How about formatting it and try again? If the issue persists, we will need the original footage and pictures for further analysis, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here? Besides, what is the current firmware version? Thank you in advance.

Hi Mindy
Thank you for your answer
I do not have other SSD, but i am testing that one i have and since last week with success.
But i am flying outside the city if it means (the problem was caused only when flying in the city centre)
I have the last firmware version. Here`s the link to the footage sequence (first hundred frames)
Damaged CNG sequence
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Paul_24M Posted at 2018-10-6 02:44
Hi Mindy
Thank you for your answer
I do not have other SSD, but i am testing that one i have and since last week with success.

Paul, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you by chance close to TV broadcast antenna?
2018-10-9
Use props
Paul_24M
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-8 19:02
Paul, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hello Mindy.
I`ve made some tests and i`ve got weird results. The issue is happening when offloading dng files to the harddrive. But the dng files on the Cinessd drive are correct. If i change the damaged frame with the original one it is repaired.
I decided to buy another cinessd and another ssd reader, as i thought that the problem is caused by those. But not, the problem is the same with new ones.
I am really distressed as i cannot be sure of anything if i wouldn`t do two backup at least.
And i have no idea what is going on. If the problem is caused when offloading it should point that the drone is ok. But at the moment i am not sure that. I am not sure of anything.
Regarding computer i have checked the offloading on workstation and also on laptop. The problems are the same. Is it possible that the problem is coming from usb port, i mean powering the reader from it?
2018-10-29
Use props
Paul_24M
lvl.1
Poland

mixchief Posted at 2018-10-9 08:44
Are you by chance close to TV broadcast antenna?

Hi mixchief

I think that it is not caused when flying, but when offloading material only. Take a look on my explanation below
2018-10-29
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Paul_24M Posted at 2018-10-29 10:58
Hi mixchief

I think that it is not caused when flying, but when offloading material only. Take a look on my explanation below

Hi, I had this issue after an upgrade of the software without formatting the card after. After I reformatted the card I haven't seen the problem. I use X7 with 16mm lens most of the time.
2018-10-30
Use props
Paul_24M
lvl.1
Poland

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-10-30 02:00
Hi, I had this issue after an upgrade of the software without formatting the card after. After I reformatted the card I haven't seen the problem. I use X7 with 16mm lens most of the time.

Hi Alex

Do you mean just a formatting in dji go app?
If so i am aware it not works in my case. I`ve done many formats until now.
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Paul_24M Posted at 2018-10-29 10:55
Hello Mindy.
I`ve made some tests and i`ve got weird results. The issue is happening when offloading dng files to the harddrive. But the dng files on the Cinessd drive are correct. If i change the damaged frame with the original one it is repaired.
I decided to buy another cinessd and another ssd reader, as i thought that the problem is caused by those. But not, the problem is the same with new ones.

Paul, your footage is still under analyzing, I have pushed our engineers and will keep you posted immediately once I get any update, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-30
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Paul_24M Posted at 2018-10-30 02:37
Hi Alex

Do you mean just a formatting in dji go app?

Yes, Im formatting in the Go app, there is no other way that I know of that DJI recommends.

I think the problem also could have occurred while putting in an SD card or cineSSD card that was formated in a previous version of the I2.

Then there is a slight possibility that when you attach a lens that the lens hasn't clicked in 100% correctly to the X7. But I don't think this is the issue. But I have experienced exactly what you have on stills.

kind regards // Alex
2018-10-30
Use props
Paul_24M
lvl.1
Poland

Finally, i`ve found what caused the problem. Just bad memory in PC workstation makes errors during offloading.
2019-8-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Paul_24M Posted at 8-31 04:23
Finally, i`ve found what caused the problem. Just bad memory in PC workstation makes errors during offloading.

Thank you for posting the answer for this puzzle, we'll benefit from that knowledge ...
2019-8-31
Use props
_koptercam_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2864557 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Paul_24M Posted at 2019-8-31 04:23

Hey Paul,
Just curious if you have had this issue again? how did you come to the conclusion that it was bad memory in the PC?

Thanks!
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules