Mavic Zoom & Google Photos
468 9 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

Something very interesting happen today I was flying I noticed that my photos were being uploaded to Google photos. I do have my tablet set to do backups. But what I do not understand is as I was taking the picture with the mavic within a couple of minutes I was getting another fication on my tablet that a picture was uploaded. I think that's great I just don't know how I did it
2018-10-5
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

Info on one of the photos uploaded to Google photos
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. May I know if your mobile data is enabled? I believed your photos are being synced automatically to Google Photos because you're connected to an internet connection.
2018-10-5
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

Yes my date is enable
2018-10-5
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

what I would like to know is if the photos taken are still in the drones SD card how are they managing to make it to Google photos? I have not downloaded the photos to the tablet
2018-10-5
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>

There's a setting in the Go4 App to automatically download the photos to your device, I believe its 'ON' as default. Im pretty sure Google Photos is backing up the folder where those pictures are being downloaded to.
2018-10-5
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

this I know the photos are not being downloaded into my tablet cuz I've looked there's nothing downloaded or saved unless it's saving somewhere else and I am not aware
2018-10-5
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

They have to be getting saved to your tablet. Google Photos does not communicate directly with the drone lol
2018-10-5
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

To me is a game changer to be able to upload to a cloud. Would you know where in the DJI 4 app the setting 4 downloading the photos automatically is. I have to look for it and I cannot find it in the app
2018-10-5
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

Okay I think I found it I have IOS and it's under photos and one of the albums but if I wanted to turn that feature off where would I have to go
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules