9937 63 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am getting extremely upset with this drone. There have been many complaints about the Phantom Pro v2.0 having an issue with a slow yaw / rotation. v1.0.15 was supposed to fix the issues and it hasn't. My drone, remote, and app are fully updated, please don't ask for more screenshots, I provided some in another post when I had to downgrade my Goggles firmware just to get it to connect to the P4Pv2 (BTW, was told the Goggles were defective) . All calibrations have been done ten times.

The drone is absolutely unuasble to get great footage. Long exposure pictures come out as a blurry mess.

When will there be a new firmware. I have had this issue since May. Sorry if I sound upset, but a new firmware is coming just does not cut it. When can I expect one. I saw someone post somewhere else they were told the middle of August. Nothing.

Just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

Two sample videos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/G1sLgwjHbABFDueU6
EDIT: I posted the wrong videos somehow, but you can still see the yaw rotation if you look closely.

Better examples - https://photos.app.goo.gl/vgF8yFyBauJT2TaPA

On the softball field you can clearly see the rotation, with no input on the sticks (the remote has been calibrated).  The boat dock for about the first 7 seconds it rotates counter-clockwise, then begins rotating clockwise. Finally the festival is really noticeable.

2018-10-5
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

I have the same problem and many of my friends complain about it. DJI ask for a new frimware or if there is a possibility for beta FW then I would also like to try it because it is so bad. In the rear sensors if the daylight (up to 300 meters high) stops the drone in the air. The previous P4P V1 never he did not do that. We get help as soon as possible.
2018-10-5
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Exactly, there has been no comment on the issue. My friend got a new P4Pv2 last month and he has the slow rotation problem too.

I would return it, but I am out of the return window. I had no issues at all with my original P4P.

Please just address your customers and let us know when. Its coming is not good enough. I have an absolutely unusable drone for photography.
2018-10-6
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bulcsú Posted at 2018-10-5 22:25
I have the same problem and many of my friends complain about it. DJI ask for a new frimware or if there is a possibility for beta FW then I would also like to try it because it is so bad. In the rear sensors if the daylight (up to 300 meters high) stops the drone in the air. The previous P4P V1 never he did not do that. We get help as soon as possible.

My very first P4P V1 was affected by the sun to the point that it was in RTH mode and it stopped so many times the battery drained to 10% and started to land over 1000 ft. away. It was over a pond so I tried to bring it back manually but it got to 0% a dropped from 163 ft. high. Well like I said it WAS my first drone. The sun will mess with the sensors, now that I am aware of it I keep a close watch when flying into the sun. I don't think I have ever had it stop because of the back sensors at least flying forward.
2018-10-6
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I looked at your videos in your link. I'm not seeing what your talking about. It looked like it was flying straight so I didn't see any yaw or is that the point you were trying to yaw and it wasn't doing it?
2018-10-6
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Edward J Smith Posted at 2018-10-6 07:42
I looked at your videos in your link. I'm not seeing what your talking about. It looked like it was flying straight so I didn't see any yaw or is that the point you were trying to yaw and it wasn't doing it?

Apparently, I posted the wrong videos, but if you look closely at them you can see it in the ones it posted.

Of the softball field, right before I start moving you can see it yaw right. On the one with the ferris wheel you can see the camera pointing straight forward, but me flying crooked then compensating. My gimbal has been calibrated.

I posted 3 new videos and will update my original post - https://photos.app.goo.gl/vgF8yFyBauJT2TaPA

On the softball field you can clearly see the rotation, with no input on the sticks (the remote has been calibrated).  The boat dock for about the first 7 seconds it rotates counter-clockwise, then begins rotating clockwise. Finally the festival is really noticeable.

Keep in mind, I witnessed this first hand on a friends brand new P4P v2.0 as well. This is a DJI problem, that I would hope they would address. Also this is my second DJI drone, I had an original P4P and never experienced the issue once.

Thanks for looking at my post.
2018-10-6
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 2018-10-6 08:13
Apparently, I posted the wrong videos, but if you look closely at them you can see it in the ones it posted.

Of the softball field, right before I start moving you can see it yaw right. On the one with the ferris wheel you can see the camera pointing straight forward, but me flying crooked then compensating. My gimbal has been calibrated.

I understand what you are taking about now, sometimes I'm a little slow LOL. You know that's a problem we've been complaining for a while now. My P4P does it too but not every flight. tried to do many sunsets but it kept drifting.  I haven't noticed it so much lately, since the march update but I don't have a ver 2. DJI can be slow with fixes, but since it was (is) a on going problem you'd think it would have been addressed by now huh? I know I was no help but I feel you frustration.
2018-10-6
Use props
fanseacc58a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

Same here, new P4P V2, slow yaw drift in hover and worse in flight. Ruins a lot of video. Level IMU Cal, compass cal, controller cal is of no use. I own a P2 P2V P2V+ P3P and none of them do this...

Need this fixed please DJI!!!!

I can send logs, video, etc. etc. etc. Whatever your team needs to fix it.

Thanks

www.opspeculate:com
2018-10-7
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just updated to the new v1.00.20.00 firmware and the issue is still present. Recalibrated everything.

Example after FW upgrade, hands off the controller: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bek8qVtiUi8wHBWGA
2018-10-9
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Appears to be a problem with many of the P4 Pro Vr 2.0's, easy enough to just google it.  However DJI seems unable to either replicate the problem or admit there is a problem or both.  It's been almost 6 months since the launch.  Some pilots with recent purchases are reporting no problems with the rotation in hover so problem may have been fixed with a EC (engineering change), which means hardware.  Thus firmware can't fix this.  Without a recall, not sure how to get a remedy on this.  A couple of others have returned to DJI their Vr 2.0's and they were returned still with the problem.  

Assuming it has something do with the IMU design, or a flaw in the IMU.

Paul C
2018-10-9
Use props
Cliff_622
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512005 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add me to this yaw drift issue. No matter how many times I calibrate the gimblal, compass and IMU, the yaw still drifts a few degrees.

When hovering still, it will yaw to the left slowly.
When flying straight, it will yaw left or right slowly.
When orbiting around an object, yaw will suddenly reset itself and "slash" left or right...completely ruining the shot.

This is my SECOND P4P+V2.0. I sent my last one in for DJI to repair. They actually sent me a 100% new P4P+v2.0 and this new one STILL does the exact same thing! I just installed the new firmware and will fly tomorrow to test it.

btw,...I even tried vertical gimbal calibration and still did not help. It almost seems to me the the IMU and compass just dont have the data resolution to determine they that are drifting. It's almost as though teh drone is completely unaware that it's compass is moving in small increments.

This is really bad! My Mavic Air, Mavic-2 Zoom and Mavic-2 Pro do NOT do this in ANY way ate all. This is strictly a P4P apparent defect.

DJJ. What are you doing about this?

CT
2018-10-13
Use props
Cliff_622
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512005 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew the new firmware. STILL has bad yaw drift. Even after vertical gimblal calibrate, my P4P+v2.0 will sway left and right during orbits and will not fly straight. This mornings winds were very very light too.

I don't know what is going on with the resolution of this compass and how it interacts with the yaw on this drone. I'm really getting tired of this and I want DJI to address this in some kind of announcement. I love the P4P image quality. It really IS fantastic but what good is it when even orbit shot has strong yaw corrections in it that ruin your shot? I'm literally flying my Mavic Air, Mavic-2 Zoom and Mavic-2 Pro with 100% PERFECT success. My TWO Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0's literally cant even do what ANY of the Mavics can do in terms of yaw stability.
2018-10-14
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did my first flight today on the updated firmware (I only calibrated the compass as it complained about that). I also sometimes was getting the slow yaw movement prior to this with my P4PV2 (my Mavic Air also does it sometimes).

Anyway, while playing back today's first flight I noticed that the gimbal was slowing panning the right even before the propellers started. I guess that should not happen

I will of course before my next flight re-calibrate the IMU's and gimbal to see if it helps.
2018-10-15
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These two photos were taken during today's flight while the drone was stationary (well I did not touch either joystick). You will see that the two images are not the same...

2018-10-15
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Guys how i can simulate this issue? just hover in some altitude? Becouse im not sure if i have some issue. My dron sometimes drift yes and need some time for steady shot, but i have some sharp 8 secs. when dron is super stable.

2018-10-15
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft
United States

Hell go nolimitsdronez. Com fix all your problem good software
2018-10-16
Use props
jacksond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50991 ft
Australia

COPILOT VATER Posted at 2018-10-16 13:24

NOT IF YOU OWN A P4P V2.0...
2018-10-17
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This morning I did the IMU and camera calibration on a perfectly level table (checked in both directions with spirit level). Note: Most of the videos on IMU calibration on YouTube seem to be out of date with step 1 with the drone in normal orientation takes quite some time to complete.

Anyway, did it help you ask?

No, after taking off and heading outwards and up to 390ft and then releasing the joysticks the craft yawed to the left also loosing the horizon level. I just left it to stop moving, the horizon seem to recover and for the rest of the flight it worked perfectly.

2018-10-17
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft

COPILOT VATER Posted at 2018-10-16 13:24

at least i can turn on a dime
2018-10-17
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Copilot cool story bro....
2018-10-17
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Kosovo

My question:
Why is no moderator answering?!
They must be aware of this massive issue and prefer to remain silent.

Just saying...

Really annoyed.
Maybe it's something for my lawyer!
2018-10-18
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Two/Three flights today. 1st one I had my first CrystalSky issue with the screen updating but other functions not. Anyway, after a RTH from the controller and restarting everything all was well.

However, on flight 3 back to the Yaw issue again after a precision takeoff. Today, it was also clear that it was the gimbal rotating left which hopefully this still will show (camera pointing to left).

I had to put the controller down, get my stills camera out to take this picture of the drone hovering while looking to the left.

As per usual, once I started to move the drone it recovered and for the rest of the flight it seemed fine with the camera pointing forward again.
2018-10-19
Use props
Drone Coach
lvl.2

Add me to the list. Slow yaw to the left every flight since "updating" firmware two times ago; can't remember the exact one; I believe around July.  I purchased the P4P v2.0 in May, updated to a new firmware immediately and then again after a couple of months. That's when I started seeing the problem. However, it does seem to correct itself after a few times during flight. I think it's actually the camera as IM35461 shows in his shot of the drone. Either way, it's IMPOSSIBLE to take good slow shutter night shots now. Love the drone, but this is annoying.
2018-10-19
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dovivan Posted at 2018-10-15 23:43
Guys how i can simulate this issue? just hover in some altitude? Becouse im not sure if i have some issue. My dron sometimes drift yes and need some time for steady shot, but i have some sharp 8 secs. when dron is super stable.

[view_image]

Not sure how exactly to replicate it, mine just does it all of the time. Easiest way to see it is hover and either take a long exposure of something like a single light and see how the light trail goes or shoot a video with you hands off of the sticks.
2018-10-20
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 2018-10-20 10:40
Not sure how exactly to replicate it, mine just does it all of the time. Easiest way to see it is hover and either take a long exposure of something like a single light and see how the light trail goes or shoot a video with you hands off of the sticks.

hey.  i did quick test only. (becouse i needed battery for seriosly footage ).  i agree, dron slow turn to left. but.. sometime dont!   i dont know what is reason, but very often dron was stable.  I make deep test this week and i,ll see.
2018-10-24
Use props
GottliebPins
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue, among others. I have two 4s, a 4 pro v1 and 4 pro v2. The Pro's are unusable. They each have a slew of problems, rotation, blurry videos, wobbly camera, signal breaking up. I have resorted to using only my old drones. They work better and shoot better video. What a waste of money.
2018-10-24
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

GottliebPins Posted at 10-24 14:17
I have the same issue, among others. I have two 4s, a 4 pro v1 and 4 pro v2. The Pro's are unusable. They each have a slew of problems, rotation, blurry videos, wobbly camera, signal breaking up. I have resorted to using only my old drones. They work better and shoot better video. What a waste of money.

What older Drones are you using now because your P4P's are unusable?
2018-11-1
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1371919 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

So I sent in my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 due to the annoying yaw drift issue. I haven’t got it back but I was notified by DJI that a Ultrasonic Sensor will be replaced. I am a bit scpetical that this will fix the issue but one can hope.
2018-11-5
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Deleted due to double posting
2018-11-5
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

So I sent in my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 due to the annoying yaw drift issue. I haven’t got it back but I was notified by DJI that a Ultrasonic Sensor will be replaced. I am a bit scpetical that this will fix the issue but one can hope.
2018-11-5
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Dude in DB Posted at 11-5 03:38
So I sent in my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 due to the annoying yaw drift issue. I haven’t got it back but I was notified by DJI that a Ultrasonic Sensor will be replaced. I am a bit scpetical that this will fix the issue but one can hope.

Sent mine in too. I will have it back on Thursday (11/8/2018). Probably won't be able to fly until the weekend to test it out though.

DJI replaced the yaw-axis motor for the camera.

So for the same issue, they replaced your ultrasonic sensor, seems odd. I thought that turned off after you were so far off the ground or not using RTH, but I could be mistaken.

I will post back as soon as I have a second to test it out.
2018-11-5
Use props
The Dude in DB
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DiamondKing1976 Posted at 11-5 16:57
Sent mine in too. I will have it back on Thursday (11/8/2018). Probably won't be able to fly until the weekend to test it out though.

DJI replaced the yaw-axis motor for the camera.
I thought the same about the Ultrasonic Sensor. So I wouldn’t be surprised if 10 min after the test flight an angrier version of myself will be heading to DJI to slam a still misbehaving P4 onto their desk. But one thing I am quite sure about: that the yaw issue wasn’t caused by a faulty yaw axis motor of the camera, as the whole Phantom was yawing, not the camera. So be prepared for disappointment.
2018-11-6
Use props
digsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1085404 ft
Australia

I just received mine back from DJI to fix issues of slow rotation/yaw and a gimbal that was frozen in one position.

Just got it back from DJI and the slow rotation/yaw is still there and the gimbal now has the most insane horizon tilt that cannot be corrected with all 3 calibrations.

Haven't flown the bird for almost a month now, and who knows how long this current issue will take to resolve once i send it back.

Feeling a little sour after splashing  AUD $2800 on this thing.
2018-11-6
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Dude in DB Posted at 11-6 15:31
I thought the same about the Ultrasonic Sensor. So I wouldn’t be surprised if 10 min after the test flight an angrier version of myself will be heading to DJI to slam a still misbehaving P4 onto their desk. But one thing I am quite sure about: that the yaw issue wasn’t caused by a faulty yaw axis motor of the camera, as the whole Phantom was yawing, not the camera. So be prepared for disappointment.

I hear you. I was all set up for disappointment already, I knew them replacing the camera yaw motor would not fix the issue. The aircraft is yawing not the camera.

Here is a new example video flew less than a minute after being repaired - https://photos.app.goo.gl/UJEV2fGAqzfdYnvu9

Back in the box, new repair ticket filled out, off to DJI, and a complaint issued to my credit card company.

I got it back Wednesday and it has been snowing here since. It finally stopped today, so I took it up. Had it up in the air for no less than a minute and the issue started again. This is beginning to get to be ridiculous that DJI Support has not addressed the issue. In earlier posts, I stated I got my drone in May and fresh out of the box it had the yaw issue on v1.0.0 of the firmware. My friend bought one in August and his has the same issue out of the box. This is a larger issue they need to inform us about.

I have not been able to use this drone as it has been intended since I purchased it. Very aggravating.
2018-11-11
Use props
Deepak Gupta0
New

India

Probably, you would need to reset it!
2018-11-11
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Deepak Gupta0 Posted at 11-11 08:34
Probably, you would need to reset it!

Sure thing. Reset number 58 coming right up.
2018-11-11
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13216588 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, I am just joining in here after doing a search for yaw drift issues. I am on P4P v2.0 NUMBER 3. First one plummeted from the sky at 103 feet due to esc failure. Received refurb from DJI at their expense (crash occurred only 45 days after purchase but best buy would only accept return up to 30 days). Had the refurb and on day 30 IT TOO FELL FROM THE SKY. Then they tried to say pilot error. Went back and forth and since it was clearly hardware issue, they eventually admitted fault and sent me a NEW P4P v2.0. Took it up today and all seems well...except yaw drift. Long exposures are worthless. hoping new FW can be of some help. We need to be sure and voice that these problems are persisting and a fix or recall needs to happen SOON. THanks for reading.
2018-12-23
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13216588 ft
  • >>>
United States

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-12-23 22:30
Hey, I am just joining in here after doing a search for yaw drift issues. I am on P4P v2.0 NUMBER 3. First one plummeted from the sky at 103 feet due to esc failure. Received refurb from DJI at their expense (crash occurred only 45 days after purchase but best buy would only accept return up to 30 days). Had the refurb and on day 30 IT TOO FELL FROM THE SKY. Then they tried to say pilot error. Went back and forth and since it was clearly hardware issue, they eventually admitted fault and sent me a NEW P4P v2.0. Took it up today and all seems well...except yaw drift. Long exposures are worthless. hoping new FW can be of some help. We need to be sure and voice that these problems are persisting and a fix or recall needs to happen SOON. THanks for reading.

Update - yaw drift still awful and now simply flying the drone is effected. My fingers input a smooth, gentle yaw one way or another but the drone will not respond. So I give even more input. Drone still just flies sideways. Finally I push the stick even more to yaw and then there is a dramatic twitch yaw. Pathetic. The P4P was so good, I thought the 2.0 would be a step up. DJI, where is the fix? Seems intentional because you want people to buy the mavic 2 pro or phantom 5. So you abandon all the 2.0 owners. Pretty terrible.
2019-2-3
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hey Pilots.

I have similar problem. My V2 slov rotation too, BUT.... If I turn on tripod mode, use  low smooth move stick corection and give some time to drone for stabilization, I can make photo with 8s shutter time like this. Photo from yesterday.

2019-2-6
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

SO.. I try it again today and again success. This photo was captured with 8 second long shutter and is shupersharp.

2019-2-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules