HD photos stopped auto synching on Android
1539 17 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeithLa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653927 ft

HD photos have stopped auto synching/downloading to the DJI\dji.go.v4\DJI Album folder on my Android phone, possibly since I upgraded remote, aircraft, and goggles firmware to .0500 around Sept 25, 2018. This was working well for over 100 flights since I bought this Mavic Pro Platinum in June.
I still see very low resolution images (thumb_xxx) in the CACHE_IMAGE folder, but these seem to be very delayed, i.e. not there immediately after flights.

Video is caching properly to my DJI_RECORD folder on my external SD card.

My Android device storage is not full, and I have video cache set for 12GB (7473MB remaining), with "Adaptively reduce cache resolution" and "Auto Video Cache Cleanup" both enabled. Auto Synch HD Photo is also enabled in camera settings.

DJI, please advise? I've read other threads on this forum and MavicPilots.com reporting this similar behavior, but with no resolutions.

2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Please provide your DJI Go 4 app and the firmware version of your unit for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-7
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2
United States

Hello, this is with the currently available DJI Go 4 Android app 4.3.0, and latest Mavic firmware .0500 (as I mentioned in my original post).
2018-10-7
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-7 13:16
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. Please provide your DJI Go 4 app and the firmware version of your unit for further assistance. Thank you for the support.

Hi DJI Tony, did you see my reply? I'd love to get some support on this. Thanks.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KeithLa Posted at 2018-10-9 09:45
Hi DJI Tony, did you see my reply? I'd love to get some support on this. Thanks.

Sorry that I wasn't able to get a notification on your reply due to that we didn't hit the "Reply" button. I would like to clarify that the issue occurred upon updating the firmware, correct? Please allow me to coordinate this concern with our R&D engineers for further clarification. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-9
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-9 10:32
Sorry that I wasn't able to get a notification on your reply due to that we didn't hit the "Reply" button. I would like to clarify that the issue occurred upon updating the firmware, correct? Please allow me to coordinate this concern with our R&D engineers for further clarification. Thank you for the support.

I can't be 100% sure it started immediately after the upgrade to .0500, but it seems like a strong possibility, as I didn't notice any problems until then.
2018-10-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you shooting RAW, JPG+RAW, or just JPG? Only JPG files are synced in real-time, the firmware update may have changed your photo settings.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KeithLa Posted at 2018-10-9 12:09
I can't be 100% sure it started immediately after the upgrade to .0500, but it seems like a strong possibility, as I didn't notice any problems until then.

Hi, Thanks for providing this information. I will inform our team in regards to this scenario. We will let you know once you've received feedback from our R&D engineers. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

I have the same experience, but for me it started after updating the app to 4.30, the .22 version did sync it. I can sync them if I tap editor > album > photo, but unlike video, photos are not automatically synced
2018-10-10
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I had the same problem that existed for months and extending from 4.2.6 up to 4.3.2 on android.  I think what finally solved my problem was to sync all my flights, uninstall the app, reboot my phone, reinstall the app and then re sync my flights.  Seem to have corrected my problem.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139268-1-1.html
2018-10-17
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-10-17 04:39
I had the same problem that existed for months and extending from 4.2.6 up to 4.3.2 on android.  I think what finally solved my problem was to sync all my flights, uninstall the app, reboot my phone, reinstall the app and then re sync my flights.  Seem to have corrected my problem.  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139268-1-1.html

Thanks for letting me know, Brad. I'm not exactly sure when it started, and I've only been using DJI Go 4 since June. Looking back at my DJI Album folder, it seems like it's only ever synched a subset of photos, to begin with.

Most recently, I see the first three photos from my Oct 17 flight synched in full resolution to my Android DJI Album folder, but the subsequent 11 did not. But I have multiple flights where not a single photo synched to DJI Album.

I agree, this is a disappointing bug, since it takes some of the joy out of sharing photos with friends immediately after great flights.
I've never synched my flight records and reinstalled the app, so will look into how to do that. I'm guessing everything else in DJI Go 4 gets lost too, e.g. DJI Editor movies? It's the flight records and stats I mainly care to preserve.

2018-10-20
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

KeithLa Posted at 2018-10-20 15:51
Thanks for letting me know, Brad. I'm not exactly sure when it started, and I've only been using DJI Go 4 since June. Looking back at my DJI Album folder, it seems like it's only ever synched a subset of photos, to begin with.

Most recently, I see the first three photos from my Oct 17 flight synched in full resolution to my Android DJI Album folder, but the subsequent 11 did not. But I have multiple flights where not a single photo synched to DJI Album.

did you try the sync, uninstall, reboot, reinstall and resync?  I had bugs for so long then redid it and it worked for me.  Running Go4 4.3.2 I think.  Mine seems to be working fine now.... For now that is.. LOL
2018-10-20
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-10-20 16:12
did you try the sync, uninstall, reboot, reinstall and resync?  I had bugs for so long then redid it and it worked for me.  Running Go4 4.3.2 I think.  Mine seems to be working fine now.... For now that is.. LOL

I'm just looking into that, making sure I'm synching everything correctly. Is there any way to verify the flight records synch via the web? The app indicates 100% synched.
2018-10-20
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

KeithLa Posted at 2018-10-20 16:14
I'm just looking into that, making sure I'm synching everything correctly. Is there any way to verify the flight records synch via the web? The app indicates 100% synched.

On mine, if  you have a little cloud symbol in the upper right corner of each record, then they have been sync'd... (I hope).  I've never had a problem with it once that emblem is present.
2018-10-20
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 10-20 16:17
On mine, if  you have a little cloud symbol in the upper right corner of each record, then they have been sync'd... (I hope).  I've never had a problem with it once that emblem is present.

Unfortunately, this uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Go 4 did not help, still not getting HD photos synched, though it does seem like there are now more of the low res photos synching locally.
2018-11-1
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, if they're in a directory titled CACHE_IMAGE, they are going to look bad.  I don't know.  I fought this for months, then suddenly, everything is perfect.  Good luck.  
2018-11-1
Use props
KeithLa
lvl.2
United States

My understanding is that the low res images and corresponding thumbnails go to CACHE_IMAGE, and full resolution images go to "DJI Album"
2018-11-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

KeithLa Posted at 11-9 10:27
My understanding is that the low res images and corresponding thumbnails go to CACHE_IMAGE, and full resolution images go to "DJI Album"

The CACHE_IMAGE folder showed up on mine long ago for some reason.  Totally Useless.  I've no idea why it suddenly started appearing on my phone.  After long threads about it, and chatting back and forth with DJI Thor and others and many updates on my app, in an act of desperation, I gave up and sync'd my records, uninstalled Go4, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app, re-sync'd my records and everything seemed to start up again.  Like I said, for me it was an irritation since upon my return to home, I would pull the SD card and copy everything to my computer.  BUT like you said, it made it hard to share with others immediately or when I didn't have my computer with me.  

I hope that things work out.  I can't say that should have fixed your problem, but it straightened mine out.   
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules