Is it possible to downgrade from V1.04.0500
12239 24 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247913 ft
United States

Is it possible to downgrade from v1.04.0500?

Like those before it it states that it is not.

Notes:

Once  the  firmware  has  been  updated,  it  cannot  be  downgraded  to  a  former  version.
    Restart  the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.

I don't want to update to it only to find I'm stuck there if for some reason I have issues with it.

I am at v1.04.0400 and can go back as far as v1.04.0100, I do not want to loose that option to get rid of the unrelenting offer of an update for firmware that does nothing for me as I understand it.  

2018-10-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.4 offers me the option to downgrade back to 01.04.0100 if needed, from V01.04.0500 which I'm using.
2018-10-6
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-6 07:36
DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.4 offers me the option to downgrade back to 01.04.0100 if needed, from V01.04.0500 which I'm using.

Ok thank you great that is what I wanted to hear.

v1.04.0500 shouldn't be offered to us if does nothing for us.

Updating solely to stop a red banner for an update that doesn't pertain to given model, doing so to prevent it from covering up important real time need to know information? just before taking flight each time is absurd.
2018-10-6
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Same here
2018-10-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Dan B-P4 Posted at 2018-10-6 07:58
Ok thank you great that is what I wanted to hear.

v1.04.0500 shouldn't be offered to us if does nothing for us.

It will be more meaningful to those who have Goggles, keeping their functionality as up to date as possible . And there's always a chance of some fix that doesn't get a mention.

One thing I have read though is that although it keeps the Goggles functional with Mavic 2 and Mavic Pro there are one or two that have reported having to roll back Goggles to .0400 for them to work with the P4P V2. That may be something for DJI to sort in next build.
2018-10-6
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-6 08:46
It will be more meaningful to those who have Goggles, keeping their functionality as up to date as possible . And there's always a chance of some fix that doesn't get a mention.

One thing I have read though is that although it keeps the Goggles functional with Mavic 2 and Mavic Pro there are one or two that have reported having to roll back Goggles to .0400 for them to work with the P4P V2. That may be something for DJI to sort in next build.

Yea always a chance fixing something not mentioned but doubt it on this one, had pretty good results with all of them thus far just didn't want to get locked in once made that leap!

I like flying with full WWW access. Off line caching maps doesn't work all that well and doesn't allow or provide for much storage based on what I see. Allows me to save maps for two areas and if want another one i must delete one already saved? nope not helpful.

I like to see that green "Ready to fly (GPS)" banner on the screen before lift off and not have to screw around unnecessarily burning battery life to get it, waiting for some notice for an update I'm not interested in and don't need to clear first.

2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what seems the challenges that you encounter while using the latest firmware version? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-7
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-7 13:49
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what seems the challenges that you encounter while using the latest firmware version? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.

No problem just looking to avoid one, should remove this line from the FW release sheets.

Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version.

I feared not being able to roll back if find a problem with it. Didn't want to be stuck @ v1.04.0500 if that statement was true so I thought I'd better ask around first.

The whole firmware update/downgrade process is pure torture. There is no good reason to have the device connected to a computer powered on and burning battery juice, level must remain above 50% mind ya, while its FW file is being downloaded.

Any part of the process fails and it might be right at the last couple seconds? and ya have to start from scratch all over again.
A process that shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes can take an hour or more all because a person has to sit there waiting. Many things I could be doing while the computer downloads the FW file, nope I have to sit here and all because I have a drone sitting here powered up doing not a thing the whole time that file downloads.

I don't mind telling ya, I'd take a red hot ice pick in the eye ball if it save me having to suffer Dji's FW update process.

Please discuss in the near future, allowing us to dl saving the file to local folder, then connect and update the device fw from that location.

I wouldn't hazard a guess the number of hours spent making sure a given FW version or its faulty flash wasn't in whole or in part the reason I had troubles with some little thing or not. Seams a common thread around here, also tends to be first suggestion by Dji mods.  Latest firmware? = no not ready to suffer that yet one more time!

Dan
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dan B-P4 Posted at 2018-10-7 15:18
No problem just looking to avoid one, should remove this line from the FW release sheets.

Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version.

Hi Dan, Thanks for your feedback and suggestion in regards to the firmware update. We understand your concern on the firmware update. It would take approximately 15 minutes to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC, however, it would still depend on the internet connection. We highly recommend our customers to report the problem in any case that there will be a problem with the latest firmware so that we could be able to notify our engineers right away. Anyway, let me help you to forward your concern with our engineers. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-8
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-8 08:59
Hi Dan, Thanks for your feedback and suggestion in regards to the firmware update. We understand your concern on the firmware update. It would take approximately 15 minutes to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC, however, it would still depend on the internet connection. We highly recommend our customers to report the problem in any case that there will be a problem with the latest firmware so that we could be able to notify our engineers right away. Anyway, let me help you to forward your concern with our engineers. Thank you for the support.

I don't mind trying them at all, come along way in the past few weeks so things have improved. Its a mix of hardware/software/firmware and making sure everything plays together well got easier.

I just want to retain the option of rolling back firmware.

Heck I have every version for every device I own, computer motherboards, disk drives, routers switches wireless hot spots and director the list goes on.

I wait a little bit see how things go, no "bad press" so to speak? I'll flash to the newer version, knowing I have the previous stable version on file if it come to it. If it offers something in it I want to start with, I may skip over version or two, or never.

The ability to download a firmware file from the manufacture saving to local drive, then flash from there is pretty much standard. Few exceptions yea probably but can't think of one off hand, takes the ISP connection/speed out of the equation.

No real good reason not to do it that way.

Then the later version of firmware must offer something beneficial to the end user to make it worth moving to it.

As I read it, and correct me if I'm wrong, "V1.04.0500" adds nothing for Mavic pro/platinum series owners. That firmware solely supports added function to the Mavic 2 series.

If it gives us something, improves something for series 1 mavics? I'd like to know what it is exactly.

Appeared to me like I suffered a 220mb download and flash to change firmware version number in the drone.

I do appreciate your interactions here, its not a "toy" and I want it to stay in the air where it should be with all the latest up to date information available.  

2018-10-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft

DJI should tell us what exactly how the update benefits us, if however it’s to upgrade goggles or some other accessory we should have the choice to update or not.
2018-10-8
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-10-8 17:32
DJI should tell us what exactly how the update benefits us, if however it’s to upgrade goggles or some other accessory we should have the choice to update or not.

Yes that would be very helpful, knowing what exactly is contained in a firmware version. We could make an informed decision about needing the update or not.

Yea notify us about updates sure but allow it to signify we've seen it, tic a box or something ending the relentless red banner each and every time we start Dji go. If we don't want to update and haven't done so no need to keep pushing it.
2018-10-10
Use props
Barkster
lvl.1
United States

So I had a mavic pro a while back and when I heard they were going to put restrictions on it I never updated the firmware again.  I sold mavic and I'm looking to get another one.  Can I revert any mavic pro back to unrestricted firmware and exactly which version is that firmware??  Also, I still have my  dji go 4.0.8 on my phones.  Thanks
2019-6-17
Use props
Barkster
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone successfully downgrade from 1.04.0500?
2019-6-18
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If you can, try to hit one of the first 2 or 3 releases of the firmware, no later than .700. After .700, the "ripples in the pool" started to appear....

I never have upgraded anything on my bird. AC Controller, or the batterys. Even the Go4 app. Not since I cracked the boxes over 2 yrs. ago.
My bird flys just fine thank you. No gimbal antics, no distance/height restricts, no NFZ nagging, etc., etc., etc. the list goes on....
Flys just like it said in the specs when I bought it.
As to the flight patterns that came with the upgrades? I just leaned to fly them "manually"...
2019-6-18
Use props
djiuser_tpWVxBVwQtsV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270325 ft
United Kingdom

Is anyone having problems with range I can't seem to fly very far keep getting signal lost please adjust antenna
2020-5-1
Use props
SH59
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

Flycaster Posted at 2019-6-18 06:06
If you can, try to hit one of the first 2 or 3 releases of the firmware, no later than .700. After .700, the "ripples in the pool" started to appear....

I never have upgraded anything on my bird. AC Controller, or the batterys. Even the Go4 app. Not since I cracked the boxes over 2 yrs. ago.

Is the .700 referencing version 1.03.0700?  
That seems to be a favorite amongst a lot of pilots.
2020-5-2
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I think so, I will try to verify when I get home and let you know...
2020-5-4
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Barkster Posted at 2019-6-17 08:50
So I had a mavic pro a while back and when I heard they were going to put restrictions on it I never updated the firmware again.  I sold mavic and I'm looking to get another one.  Can I revert any mavic pro back to unrestricted firmware and exactly which version is that firmware??  Also, I still have my  dji go 4.0.8 on my phones.  Thanks

I think it has been done. You may have to go the Dumbledore/NLD route tho....
Basically, jailbreaking it. DJI has really tried to limit what you can do with your property...
2020-5-4
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

SH59 Posted at 5-2 08:11
Is the .700 referencing version 1.03.0700?  
That seems to be a favorite amongst a lot of pilots.

I think that's it.
After .700, things went wonky and hobbled...
2020-5-6
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You only need Brett's superpatcher and NFZ eraser to make your bird free again.First the superpatcher and with this tool flash your firmware to V01.04.0300.
And then patch the SP firmware

https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/super-patcher
2020-5-14
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

v1.2.4 doesn't show any past firmware versions for me.  Niether does 1.2.2.
This is quite disappointing.  
2020-6-10
Use props
fans304f1099
New

Sweden

Drifting Mavic PRO  1-2 meters and flyes everything but straight getting sick of this ... calibrated everything dont work
2020-8-21
Use props
aytacengin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658937 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

dji_MODDER Posted at 5-14 09:16
You only need Brett's superpatcher and NFZ eraser to make your bird free again.First the superpatcher and with this tool flash your firmware to V01.04.0300.
And then patch the SP firmware

There is no section for Mavic2 models.
2020-12-26
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I moved to no limit drones software and firmware, several years ago, for one of my drones and never regretted it. Here is the link.
https://nolimitdronez.com/
I fly responsibly and don't implement most of the features but even if others use them all, that is not to say they are irresponsible.
Like many other users of the DJI progressive updates, I had instability issues. They all vanished from the moment I went back to an early firmware.
The reliability of the Magic Pro has removed the anxiety of losing it, through no fault of mine. I am sure you would like that degree of confidence.
Please look at what the group of nerds have to offer and don't be put off by the basic web site. They are dedicated people and not some slick business wanting to rip you off. I mention that, because when I paid for the service, I expected to be ripped off. I restate, I stopped having drone issues the moment I installed their software.
Good luck and enjoy flying your drone again.
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules