Bricked Battery with New Phantom and 3.6 Assistant
3020 10 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arno.nel.work
New
United Kingdom

Got my Phantom 2 yesterday. Downloaded latest assistant (3.6). The Assistant said there was a battery update which i ran. It failed. Told me to power cycle which i did. Now it doesnt come on.  S

Any ideas?

2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

On the update page, what's the battery's loader and firmware info?
Note:The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0.
2014-11-6
Use props
arno.nel.work
New
United Kingdom

Did you watch the video? How am i supposed to see the update page if the battery wont come on?

Also - I repeat:

I used YOUR assistant - YOUR assistant should know what version of loader/firmware there is on the battery, right?
2014-11-6
Use props
arno.nel.work
New
United Kingdom

p.s. was a new battery so think it was loader 1.5
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

arno.nel.work@g Posted at 2014-11-6 18:29
p.s. was a new battery so think it was loader 1.5

Could you try to upgrade the battery again? The battery can be upgraded again if it fails during the upgrading process.
2014-11-6
Use props
drlukematthews
New

Australia

My battery has also just been bricked. Brand new phantom 2 vision plus battery came with. Loader was 1.5.0.0 and firmware was 2.0.0.0. Tried to upgrade with assistant 3.6. First time failed. Said to power cycle which I did. Tried again. Update succeeded and assistant said to cycle but bricked. Can't turn it on, can't see charge status or charge it, can't communicate with it. What now?
2014-11-7
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2014-11-7
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

arno.nel.work@g Posted at 2014-11-6 18:02
Did you watch the video? How am i supposed to see the update page if the battery wont come on?

Also ...

The Assistant can tell the firmware and differentiate if the battery is valid to be upgraded. You can try to unplug the battery and try to upgrade again. Does it solve your problem? If not, please contact your dealer to replace. We're always trying our best to help our users. Sorry for any inconvenience it brings.
2014-11-7
Use props
jfftorsrud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9475 ft
United States

DJI-Bruce Posted at 2014-11-8 02:28
The Assistant can tell the firmware and differentiate if the battery is valid to be upgraded. You  ...

Same thing happened to my Battery.  It is now a BRICK!  

You cannot re-install anything, since there is NO Power being allowed to inform the Assistant Software, the BATTERY IS DEAD OR THE FIRMWARE IS CORRUPTED!

In my case it was Assistant 3.2 that did it.  I have 4 other batteries, using Assistant 3.6 and it upgraded fine. (Very Nervous doing it, since I didn't want to lose another Battery)

I have been trying to get a response from DJI, but as usual they play the "SO SORRY CHARLIE"  We don't give a Crap about you as a Customer, NOW GET LOST!

DJI OWES ME A NEW BATTERY!
2014-11-8
Use props
christer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

jfftorsrud Posted at 2014-11-8 21:07
Same thing happened to my Battery.  It is now a BRICK!  

You cannot re-install anything, since th ...

Fantastic, and DJI CEO wants to be like Steve Jobs and Apple?
Dont know the word in Chinese, but in english its called "Customer service" which is the foundation of success running business...
2014-12-1
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

In your first quote you write that your purchased PH2 yesterday, in video there is an antenna on it, is that standard on a brand new PH2 ???
2014-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules