874 6 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter717
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509055 ft
United States

DJI Admin, dont say it, I got this:

DJI dont recomment using aftermarking parts and modifying your DJI product, if you do so, it's at your risk and voiding warranty.
If your warranty already expired or you dont care about your warranty, go at it and have blast..

Hope this video helps someone chosing correct antenna.

Next video I will be boosting mavic with 2 WATT radio booster, sooo, please subscribe so you dont miss out, parts are on order...

Thanks and enjoy

2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing some informative video and providing some heads up as well to the others that if they use an aftermarket product or modifying the Aircraft that will void the warranty, fly safely. Cheers!
2018-10-6
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Interesting video,
But you didn’t compare 4hawks raptor sr and xr,
And in my opinion they are the best aftermarket antennas available on the market

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-6
Use props
Peter717
lvl.4
United States

Alex, send them to me, I will be happy to test them out.
I can't afford to buy ever antenna out there )

2018-10-6
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for your comparisons between antennas. I thought it was very informative.
I will check out your controller mod . Thanks for sharing.
2018-10-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I assume you know that the 2 watt "booster" will be illegal and will likely cause severe interference to your neighbors around you.  There are good reasons the FCC has rules.
2018-10-7
Use props
Peter717
lvl.4
United States

FCC upper limit of 36dBm EIRP.
The US law is a little fuzzy in this area because technically the manufacturer is required to certify a "system" including all the parts that contribute to the EIRP. Nobody has certified the modified controllers plus amp's and therefore technically not legal.... BUT as long as you stay under 36dBm there is no issue.

Direct connect to the aircraft radio board with 2W amp in-line at 30dBm. Factory antenna at 3.8dBi (estimated), account for the 2dB loss in connections, the EIRP would be 30dBm - 2dB + 3.8dBi = EIRP of 31.8dBm

Any questions?
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules