Camera won't tilt up or down
15084 15 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283930 ft

The tilt and pan on the camera/gimbal quit working yesterday.  When I turn on the Mavic, the gimbal moves thru normal start up.  The left thumbwheel turns but doesn't move the camera.  I tried moving the camera in the app on my phone but that didn't work either.  I tried resetting the gimbal in the app but it did not correct the problem.Please help   

2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, I would suggest giving a try to calibrate the Gimbal camera and as well the remote then gimbal a try if does work.
2018-10-6
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2

I re calibrated the remote control and the gimbal but it didn't fix the problem.
2018-10-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TBird_RainyLake Posted at 2018-10-6 14:02
I re calibrated the remote control and the gimbal but it didn't fix the problem.

Try refreshing the FW
2018-10-6
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for you comments,  I refreshed the FW on mavic and the RC with DJI Assistant.  I turned on mavic, RC, then then my phone (Samsung 8) and before starting the props I turned the gimbal dial up. It rolled up approx 30 deg and then quick working.  I tried using my finger to move gimbal in the app on my phone but got no movement.  In the 'Camera Gimbal Advanced Settings' I tried to reset gimbal settings but it said 'reset failed'.  With the mavic powered up the gimbal goes thru initiation moves and when craft is rotated the gimbal smoothly rotates. My son used his apple phone (with Go 4 app) with my controller and couldn't move the gimbal.  It seems the controller night be the issue.
Any other advice?
2018-10-7
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
United States

To:  DJI Stephen,  do have any other suggestions to get the gimbal working?
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_4E2QrzKjNSQ0
New

Canada

Anyone else have any luck finding a solution? My firmware was updated, my gimbal won’t accept calibration and it sits at 10%. The camera will not rotate up or down and it essentially is a paper weight at this point.

I have the damage protection and thinking of sending it back if I can’t find a solution.
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_nuUQKuPJ2NDW
New

United States

I’m having the same problem on my DJI mini 2, I took it apart and put it back together and it didn’t solve anything. I see it occasionally works and then it doesn’t. I have no idea how to fix this problem.
2021-8-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the gimbal still compensate for pitch and roll changes? I have a damaged Mavic Mini that does the gimbal dance at boot but does nothing after that and from memory gives a gimbal stuck warning, its camera works just fine.

If the controller is suspect can you borrow  or buy another controller, or maybe even see if a shop would  ( props off) link a display controller to your drone ? I am pretty sure I have used more than one controller with that damaged MM but, if I  have, that was just coincidence. I will now make a point of trying  another controller with it.

2021-9-7
Use props
djiuser_tU8LzM3pXsfm
New

France

Hi, my dji mavic air' camera won't tilt up/down anymore too. Any update regarding the possible solutions for this issue?
2021-11-3
Use props
M 50 lads
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581020 ft
Ireland

Can anyone help my DJI air2s camera wont go up or down everything else is working??????
2022-1-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

you need to give more details, crash history, how you were trying to move the gimbal, new behaviour or is the drone new to you etc. etc. etc.
2022-1-25
Use props
fans1c403575
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2500003 ft

United States

Same problem I do have another controlled still same with other controller. I'm leaning towards camera cable and or ribbon cable. But, if it is the cable it would not work on start up. My camera is also flashing every 3-5 second
2023-2-3
Use props
fans1c403575
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2500003 ft

United States

With this many people with same problem you would think dji would respond with a fix. This is one of the reasons my next drone will be an EXO
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_muSgT58D0oog
New

Australia

Phantom 4 pro v2 having the same issue, works on start up then nothing. every second fly its lately been asking to celebrate drone.
Un able to celebrate the control though.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_muSgT58D0oog Posted at 5-19 11:33
Phantom 4 pro v2 having the same issue, works on start up then nothing. every second fly its lately been asking to celebrate drone.
Un able to celebrate the control though.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly confirm whether there is an error in the gimbal calibration, or if the calibration goes through, however, it's still asking you to calibrate. We will be waiting for your confirmation.
2023-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules