Mavic Pro 2 Lens/Barrel Distortion Problem
6722 12 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

I have horrible horiontal barrel distortion on the photos only with my Mavic 2 Pro. DJI says they will come out with a fix? This only seems to happen when the camera is pointed downward approaching 45 degrees; the videos seems to be fine, I get this distortion on my full frame Canon DSLR but only with wide angle lenses and the distortion is vertical.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, you will need to use a third-party software to correct video distortion such as DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, and Apple Final Cut Pro X. Videos with different resolutions have different types of distortion. For more information, you may check the attached image below for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. We're glad to help. Thank you.

2018-10-6
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-6 16:26
Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, you will need to use a third-party software to correct video distortion such as DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, and Apple Final Cut Pro X. Videos with different resolutions have different types of distortion. For more information, you may check the attached image below for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. We're glad to help. Thank you.

[view_image]

Yes I use my HDR software to correct the distortion, It seems to be worse than the Mavic 1 pro.
2018-10-6
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

[view_image]

I use Adobe Premiere Elements and don't see a lens correction function; however I have very little distortion with the video versus taking still shots.
2018-10-6
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, you will need to use a third-party software to correct video distortion such as DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, and Apple Final Cut Pro X. Videos with different resolutions have different types of distortion. For more information, you may check the attached image below for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. We're glad to help. Thank you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 1r/view?usp=sharing

[view_image]

I shoot in 1920 x 1080 60fps without any distortion. When uploading to Youtube, this size looks good and doesn't take all day to upload due to the size of the file. Here is a video that was unedited. https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 1r/view?usp=sharing
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Gronz Posted at 2018-10-6 16:37
I use Adobe Premiere Elements and don't see a lens correction function; however I have very little distortion with the video versus taking still shots.

Hi, distortion will not affect your photos. It will only affect when you use the Dlog-M when taking videos.
2018-10-7
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-7 08:41
Hi, distortion will not affect your photos. It will only affect when you use the Dlog-M when taking videos.

In my case the distortion with video is minimal, and the photos must be corrected. for the horizontal barrel distortion. I find this the case when I shoot with a 15mm lens on my DSLR as well; only the distortion is horizontal? I correct it in post editing,  

I have corrected the video in Adobe premiere, however, it is a task because I have to separate each segment of video into smaller ones b/c the correction affects the entire segment and correcting differing degrees of distortion has to be done piecemeal.
2018-10-7
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

Hi, distortion will not affect your photos. It will only affect when you use the Dlog-M when taking videos.

Sorry I forgot to address your reply, I never shoot in Dlog-M and I still experience minor distortion with the video.
2018-10-7
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

In photography and video we will never have the perfect shot, the goal is to get the best shot. I even see distortions in national news broadcasts so I guess we can't nit-pick every aspect of lighting, and distortions because the camera will never have the "human mind" to accept the imperfections. e.g. every time I look at a structure I can see that everything is not "square" yet my mind comes to the rescue and tells me that it is "square". So the little imperfections we have to live with but the big ones have to be fixed.
2018-10-7
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-6 16:26

[view_image]

Do we have profile for Photoshop/ Lightroom? I shot panorama in raw and it is so bad after stitch image together.
2018-12-3
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

[view_image]

Does anyone know where these values work? I've tried FCPX and Resolve and the numbers make the image worse in Lens Correction in Resolve and in fisheye in FCPX
2019-3-15
Use props
Village Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23301 ft
United States

Using Mavic 2 pro 1080 @59.94 Use Vegas pro for editing Terrible barrel distortion!!! TOO MUCH WORK to fix
Thought this unit worked in H264 without barrel effect Am I missing something???
No software for Vegas pro editing either Have to use Dform Very Very Time consuming Book says it is supposed to fix this automatically in 8 bit  Doesn't seem to work
This was shot in 8 bit

Video Here:

Capture.JPG
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules